PDA

View Full Version : What to log for stalling issue

gpr
July 14th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Randomly when I come to a stop my car will stall (not all the time though). Not sure what is causing it, seems to be only happen when I have been driving for quit some time. I'm wondering what I should be logging to try and catch what is causing the issue?

Seems like the problem was much worse before I added additional air flow in B4307 and put B4309 to 0 at low rpm and low mph cells. It acted as if coasting to a stop it switched from the B4309 to B4307 at 0 mph, and the engine would want to die because suddenly it had less air flow. I figure this way it won't suddenly be changing airflow by having a high value in b4309 then nothing once it hits 0 mph and running only off b4307.

Should I add more while in gear? I'm basically at 50% more than stock, which seems like a lot. I have put really high values in there before and it makes the car want to idle really high. Engine is stock other than a cam, which was in it when i got it. then I built a turbo kit and run it on e85.

joecar
July 14th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Hmmm, sounds like Throttle Follower and/or Throttle Cracker, but I'm not sure...

post some log/tune files.

gpr
July 14th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Here is the tune. I will try and get a good log of the issue tomorrow to post up.

gpr
July 17th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Finally got a new log with it happening. Here is the screen shot. At the very end of the log i was coasting to a stop. The engine surges a little bit then dies. Any ideas on why? This is the problem i'm talking about. Right before this i coasted to a stop and it didn't do this, 15 seconds later and it stalls out.

Attached is screen shot, latest tune, and log file.

I have putt the throttle cracker back to stock. The throttle follower tables are setup like the idle tuning tutorial, and I am thinking about putting them all back to stock to see what happens.