PDA

View Full Version : Speedo/abs issues

catman3126
July 16th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I sent a customer an autocal with "known good tunes on it and after he flashed it and did his delete work he went to drive it and has abs light, brake light in the dash and his speedo doesn't work. Now I know the speedo isn't part of the 6.7 ECM so I think he may have unplugged something he shouldn't but is there a chance the tune did this?

30 RUM
July 18th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Sounds like a VIN issue, I would start with verifying that the correct vin was put put into the tune. If it was flashed with the wrong VIN in the tune then it is needs to go to the dealer to get everything reflashed.

catman3126
July 18th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Yeah I've done that one time I check again and had the right vin in the tune. Only thing I wondered is of the door had been replaced and it had a different VIN on the door then in the window

30 RUM
July 18th, 2014, 04:53 AM
It's is defiantly possible, I have heard of people having problems with that, and when using the the insurance cards/registration info. I always have them send a pic of the vin plate under the windshield.

catman3126
July 18th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Yeah I suppose. I did a wrong VIN by one digit once and was able to flash the tune on with the right vin and no problem. So if that's it he hopefully won't have to do a dealer flash. The other odd thing is that the time I did it it died his runs and drives fine still.

catman3126
July 20th, 2014, 01:18 AM
The guy text me yesterday and said he found it he had inadvertently pulled a fuse that controlled that. Must have been an abs module fuse or something.

30 RUM
July 21st, 2014, 05:47 AM
Don't you love how its always the Tune's fault:throw:. Glad you got it worked out.

catman3126
July 21st, 2014, 07:00 AM
Oh yeah It never fails....."you changed my clutch now my head gasket failed.....What did you do?" I told him right from the get go he must have unplugged something.

catman3126
July 21st, 2014, 07:10 AM
I got an even better one. guy with an LMM bought an auto cal from me and he said his A/C quit working when he was sitting in traffic idling I said is your clutch fan working he said oh yeah I can hear that. He says did you do something in the tune to make the A/C not work at idle? LOL yeah I do that all the time!....(I wanted to say) Come to find out his condesor was plugged with oil and dirt....then he was towing a trailer friday when is was 106 deg here with 9 ton of hay and a 6K gooseneck plus the weight of his pickup and he over heated and low oil pressure warning came on because he had some place change his oil and ran 5w30 in it instead of 15w40, I asked him if he bothered to look at the radiator after he saw the condensor was plugged. he sad no and asked "are you sure you didn't make it so the clutch fan doesnt work as good?" I said if you can hear that fan comign on and roaring its working fine. and that your fan is not computer controlled on that pickup. I'm like buddy your rollign down the road at 32K gross weight in 106 deg heat with a plugged cooling stack. FML!