PDA

View Full Version : Timing calculator?

longcummins
July 17th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Can someone explain or give some advice as to what to read, where to get info on how to understand the how and what ? I am all ears and willing to read whatever it takes to help understand it. Thanks

longcummins
August 2nd, 2014, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the support not.

Motorzane
August 3rd, 2014, 03:32 AM
You will get a lot better response on this forum if you use the search function first. Try this out and see if this helps. https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=18117

mpdtune
August 3rd, 2014, 08:04 AM
Timing calculator uses duration and fuel pressure to determine how long it will take to inject the fuel at a given rpm. The percentage is used to determine how much of the fuel is injected before TDC.

longcummins
August 3rd, 2014, 08:49 AM
Motorzane have to say this I have searched for this in the 6.7 forum but I honestly never though about the 5.9 section until your post thanks for your reply. mpdtune thanks also for you help in my trying to learn this and not destroy my truck in the process.

mpdtune
August 3rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
A good starter tune is to make sure you're commanding full fueling from the main injection duration table. Look at the x and y axis for the table and go to the tables they reference. Bump the upper half or so of main injection by 20%. Go to the timing table and use the calculator to set timing 50% before TDC. If you have the emissions removed, go ahead and turn off the post injection by zeroing those tables.

longcummins
August 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I have post set to zeros and I am running with out any codes so I am good there. Thanks for your reply. I am finding some useful info over on the 5.9 section that should help some also.

Motorzane
August 5th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Here is some good info to help you get started. The price is not bad for the information and knowledge you will learn. http://www.starlitediesel.com/EFILive-Diesel-Complete-Training-Guides-TRAIN-ADVANCED.htm