PDA

View Full Version : Update: Jul 19, 2014

Blacky
July 18th, 2014, 03:37 PM
This update has been released to correct the known issues listed here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24419-Known-issues-with-Jul-19-2014-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware)

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
If you have recently updated your software, you may be able to use the "Check for Updates" option to update your existing V7.5 and V8 software installations. Or you may choose to download and install both V7.5 and V8 software packages using the links below.

Note: Both the V7.5 and V8 software was updated in this release, you must update both software packages.

Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.262_Setup.exe) (94 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.258_Setup.exe) (46 MB)

Release Notes:
Release Notes. (http://download.efilive.com/Documentation/June%202014%20EFILive%20Release%20Notes.pdf)

IMPORTANT: The *.ctz and *.coz tune file formats have been updated. All existing *.ctz and *.coz files will continue to operate with the V7.5 and V8 software and with the FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using the following software or firmware versions: V7.5.7.259, V8.2.2.252, V2.07.61 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions.
That means if you are using this latest software version, then any tune files that you save may only be shared with other EFILive users who are using this latest (or a later) version of the software and/or firmware. For tuners that means making sure your customers' software matches the software and firmware version that you are using.

Fixed Issues:

[*=1]T43, T76 and A50 controllers' serial numbers were being reported incorrectly.
[*=1]Deleting a controller selection in the [F5: BBX] window may cause an "Access Violation".
[*=1]Loading a data log file in V8 may cause an "Access Violation".
[*=1]E86 (LML) *.bin file loading in V7.5 fails.
[*=1]Calibration labels for some E86 (LML) calibrations have been corrected.
[*=1]The "Record All Diags" option now returns the correct OS for CMC controllers.

Added Features:

[*=1]When attempting to open *.coz files, a dialog box is now displayed explaining that *.coz files are not able to be opened, viewed or modified via the EFILive software, instead of just displaying "unsupported file type".
[*=1]Search criteria in the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search] window are now case insensitive.
[*=1]Search results in the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search] window are now returned file-by-file as they are found, instead of all at once when the search is finished.

Known Issues:
Please search for existing known issues here:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24419-Known-issues-with-Jul-19-2014-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware

Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
As new issues are verified they will be posted in the "known issues" thread above.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 262
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 258
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.64 (Jul 19, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

2007 5.9
July 21st, 2014, 02:31 PM
I am having a impossible time viewing logs in V8 after this July 19 update. Up till now, Ive not had any issues with viewing logs...I get a
"Access Violation at address 00425808 in module
Efilive_ScanAndTune.exe" Read of address 000000D.

V8 build 258
Firmware 2.07.64

Blacky
July 21st, 2014, 02:39 PM
I am having a impossible time viewing logs in V8 after this July 19 update. Up till now, Ive not had any issues with viewing logs...I get a
"Access Violation at address 00425808 in module
Efilive_ScanAndTune.exe" Read of address 000000D.

V8 build 258
Firmware 2.07.64

Can you please send me a couple of the log files that cause the fault? Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
July 21st, 2014, 02:43 PM
Never mind Paul...I restarted my laptop, and guess what?? Works just fine now...*face palm* sorry for wasting your time.

Blacky
July 21st, 2014, 02:48 PM
Never mind Paul...I restarted my laptop, and guess what?? Works just fine now...*face palm* sorry for wasting your time.

Chances are it was some dll or other module that could not be updated during the install because it needed to overwrite a file that was already in use. Rebooting allows modules that were not installed during the installation to finally get installed. Usually if that occurs during the installation you should get prompted with a message like: "You must reboot your PC to complete the installation".

Regards
Paul

wait4me
July 22nd, 2014, 03:22 AM
I can magically make my pointer turn into a small hand on this version and it wont change back after just moving my mouse into a spot on the software :) Easter egg?????

wait4me
July 22nd, 2014, 03:25 AM
LOL I took a picture of it via print screen, however, it don't record the mouse location lol...

To make it work, Go to where we put in "SEE ALSO TABLES" in the descriptions. When you go to the blue highlighted values, It changes to the hand icon for mouse. But, when you move away it stays that way from then on.... instead of being the normal pointer..

Blacky
July 22nd, 2014, 07:56 AM
LOL I took a picture of it via print screen, however, it don't record the mouse location lol...

To make it work, Go to where we put in "SEE ALSO TABLES" in the descriptions. When you go to the blue highlighted values, It changes to the hand icon for mouse. But, when you move away it stays that way from then on.... instead of being the normal pointer..

Easter egg? No, I've not added any Easter eggs to V8 - too busy trying to get stuff done.
I think the 1000hp Easter egg is still in V7 though :)

I can't make it happen on my test machine here.
Can you show a screen shot anyway? I'd like to see the exact place where you moved the mouse to make that happen.

Regards
Paul

IdahoRob
July 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
We have a customer received a new autocal and just downloaded July 19th software. Autocal is in a form of dead poll hooked to the truck or the computer and won't allow firmware update just flashing. Tries to check firmware, goes into not responsive mode, then times out and gives $0025

Blacky
July 22nd, 2014, 11:42 AM
We have a customer received a new autocal and just downloaded July 19th software. Autocal is in a form of dead poll hooked to the truck or the computer and won't allow firmware update just flashing. Tries to check firmware, goes into not responsive mode, then times out and gives $0025

I presume when you say "tries to check firmware", that the user is clicking on the [Check Firmware] button? In that case the software is attempting to read the config file status from the device. If the device is in dead-poll that will fail.

Try flashing it with the EFILive Control Panel directly.

Regards
Paul

IdahoRob
July 22nd, 2014, 11:44 AM
That has been done Paul, we did this remotely logged in to his computer. Still no luck.

History; autocal set-up with firmware and tunes loaded using v8 256 in house and sent to the customer. He received package and downloaded latest software 258 and connected the autocal to the computer. Autocal went into a flashing screen, we haven't been able to get it to respond.

IdahoRob
July 22nd, 2014, 12:02 PM
I'm not sure if it's a faulty autocal and not a software problem. It worked fine when it left on the 256 platform, but may have been something in-between and not software at all. I can try to duplicate with a spare laptop running 258 and see if it comes up again.

Blacky
July 22nd, 2014, 12:09 PM
That has been done Paul, we did this remotely logged in to his computer. Still no luck.

History; autocal set-up with firmware and tunes loaded using v8 256 in house and sent to the customer. He received package and downloaded latest software 258 and connected the autocal to the computer. Autocal went into a flashing screen, we haven't been able to get it to respond.

If possible can you try to update the firmware using the EFILive Control Panel, then if/when it fails, save a trace file using the [Save] button on the [F8: Trace] tab page.
Send me the trace file and I'll see if I can figure out the cause.

Regards
Paul

IdahoRob
July 22nd, 2014, 12:53 PM
I tested the 258 software on a laptop and connected three different autocals with different older firmware/bootblock versions without any issues. They all updated fine, looks like a problem with either his computer or the autocal and not software. Sorry about the fuss.

I'll get a trace file from him tomorrow and forward it over. Thank you,

Chavez91
July 24th, 2014, 06:40 PM
I do have a weird one... When I plug in my V2 to the computer, it messes with the sound. Example, if I have Windows Media Player running, when the center blue light on the V2 turns on, I loose all sound for exactly 6 seconds then everything starts working again. If im using my teamspeak program when i do this, I also loose all sound, but with it everyone else will get a loud screeching sound through their speakers while my sound is cut out for those 6 seconds. Not a big deal, just thought Id put it out there. Im running windows 7. Just started doing it this update.

Blacky
July 25th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I do have a weird one... When I plug in my V2 to the computer, it messes with the sound. Example, if I have Windows Media Player running, when the center blue light on the V2 turns on, I loose all sound for exactly 6 seconds then everything starts working again. If im using my teamspeak program when i do this, I also loose all sound, but with it everyone else will get a loud screeching sound through their speakers while my sound is cut out for those 6 seconds. Not a big deal, just thought Id put it out there. Im running windows 7. Just started doing it this update.

Just tested it here and media player doesn't have any issues when FlashScan's blue LED comes on. My first guess would be a driver conflict between the FTDI USB drivers that FlashScan uses and the sound chip drivers.
Does the same thing happen with that FlashScan device on a different PC?

Regards
Paul

IdahoRob
July 25th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Just tested it here and media player doesn't have any issues when FlashScan's blue LED comes on. My first guess would be a driver conflict between the FTDI USB drivers that FlashScan uses and the sound chip drivers.

Regards
Paul

I'm guessing the software is developed while listening to some good music and the V2 doesn't like Rap and tries to put the computer out of it's misery, lol.

Chevy366
July 25th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Sounds like the exact time it takes Winders to initialize a USB port and device.
Does Winders 7 still have a "Device Manager" if so it would show a conflict there if there were one.

swingtan
July 28th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I've found something weird that's existed in the last two V2 firmware versions. I can replicate it fairly easily in my black V2 as follows.

Connect V2 to vehicle and allow to boot up.
Perform a BBL session.
Cancel the session to save the log to the SD card.
Remove the SD card to review the log, leave the V2 connected and allow to enter 'low power mode".
Update a tune file and save to the SD card.
Return to the vehicle and insert the SD card into the V2.
Perform a Calibration flash.
Choose the new tune file and press OK.

At this point the V2 hangs and become unresponsive. The only way to bring it back is to pull the OBD-II cable and power cycle it. It then works fine until after the next "low power" mode cycle where it will hang on attempting a calibration flash.

Simon.

Chavez91
July 29th, 2014, 11:53 AM

Regards
Paul

Alright I've been messing around with it for a bit now and narrowed it down to, I use the Logitech G430 Headset and if the USB adapter for it is used, I run into the sound problems. If I use the Headphone and mic jacks input/outputs on the computer, there are no sound problems And this happens on both desktops I have and on my laptop. So it is definitely a driver conflict with the Logitech Drivers.

swingtan
July 31st, 2014, 08:33 AM
Update on the V2 hang issue.

It seems to be SD card "write" related. New test procedure as follows....

Reboot V2.
Insert SD card and run a log session.
End log session and eject the SD card.
Reinsert the SD card and attempt to load a new PID list.

The V2 will hang and require a power cycle to reset it.

Edit:
I did another test and you don;t even need to remove the SD card. Simply record a log to the SD card, then select a new PID list and the V2 hangs.

Simon.

wait4me
August 1st, 2014, 06:13 AM
09365085 Operating system for vortec has something going on with the dtcs. They where right I thought and now are way wrong. Also are missing lables for them and also bringing up things like diesel particulate. I am sure in 1998 there where no particulate filters. :)

Oddly the Files are showing Oct 11, 2007 as last modified, I could have sworn that I updated them after that time????

wait4me
August 1st, 2014, 06:15 AM
09365095 operating system is showing correct for dtcs, so it is just that one as stated above.. It is using Diesel dtc array for some reason????

GMPX
August 1st, 2014, 08:53 AM
09365085 Operating system for vortec has something going on with the dtcs. They where right I thought and now are way wrong. Also are missing lables for them and also bringing up things like diesel particulate. I am sure in 1998 there where no particulate filters. :)

Oddly the Files are showing Oct 11, 2007 as last modified, I could have sworn that I updated them after that time????
Jesse, they have not been touched since you did them, did you put some secret mode in there?
BTW, I don't seem to have any Vortec files on hand any more, not sure what has happened there, can you please Email the one you are talking about above?

wait4me
August 1st, 2014, 09:28 AM
lol no secret modes in that os

I sent you the email with the tune. It is something with v7.5 I think and its dtc array

Jasper
August 2nd, 2014, 01:22 PM
While trying to trace the source of a massive timing reduction at tip in, I have noticed that the axis for table B5108 reference the wrong variable for their span of values:

http://s16.postimg.org/row2wuk3l/B5108_Incorrect_Axis_Reference.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/row2wuk3l/)

wait4me
August 4th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I took a video of the issue if you want to see it guys. The problem is definitely there. Take a Vortec ecm, 1998 seems to be the year with an os of 09365095 Read it out, then apply a script to it, then look at the dtc array.

wait4me
August 4th, 2014, 06:54 AM
One more thing to add to the fun.

A few builds back, the software used to always use the last used folder for saving tunes.

This worked fine.

When you saved a file, lets just say c:\Program files\desktop

Well, that works, BUT if you apply a script, and the script is in Efilive\v7 scripts,

It will change your last save to the script folder, so you have to repoint over to your old save location in order for it to save in the right spot.

When you apply a script, it makes that script folder your last location.

Blacky
August 10th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Update on the V2 hang issue.

It seems to be SD card "write" related. New test procedure as follows....

Reboot V2.
Insert SD card and run a log session.
End log session and eject the SD card.
Reinsert the SD card and attempt to load a new PID list.

The V2 will hang and require a power cycle to reset it.

Edit:
I did another test and you don;t even need to remove the SD card. Simply record a log to the SD card, then select a new PID list and the V2 hangs.

Simon.

Sorry for the late reply. I just tested that here and my test FlashScan does not hang.

To help me reproduce your exact setup, can you please send me the following files:

Read the [F6: Devices] setings from your FlashScan and save the settings to a file - send that file.
Read the [F5: BBX] settings from your FlashScan and save the BBX settings to a file - send that file.

While the V2 is hanging, what happens if you eject the SD Card again? Does control return to FlashScan?
What if you leave it hanging for a few minutes, does it eventually respond - albiet very, very slowly?
What happens if you press Ctrl+Cancel (i.e. a warm boot) while its hanging, does it reboot?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 10th, 2014, 11:03 PM
While trying to trace the source of a massive timing reduction at tip in, I have noticed that the axis for table B5108 reference the wrong variable for their span of values:

http://s16.postimg.org/row2wuk3l/B5108_Incorrect_Axis_Reference.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/row2wuk3l/)

Thanks for the info.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 10th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I took a video of the issue if you want to see it guys. The problem is definitely there. Take a Vortec ecm, 1998 seems to be the year with an os of 09365095 Read it out, then apply a script to it, then look at the dtc array.

Can you please send me a clean (i.,e. just read from an ECM) vortec file and the script so I can see it happening here?

Regards
Paul

wait4me
August 11th, 2014, 12:58 AM
It only seems to happen when you read out the file first. I can not get it to do it while just opening files. I snapped some video though of it happening if you want me to load it on the server.

wait4me
August 11th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Another small error. On 24239036 operating system t42, When you go to speedometer tab, then select speedo calculator then go to shift point corrector, scroll down, in the box for selecting what you want to be changed or not, one value is D1205 That says D1205 "no caption yet"

But d1205 is not in the calibration.

:)

GMPX
August 11th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Jesse, I thought the speedo calc only worked on a few early controllers anyway (LS1 etc)

Blacky
August 12th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Known Issues have been updated here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24419-Known-issues-with-Jul-19-2014-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware

Regards
Paul

C Murda
August 26th, 2014, 11:59 AM
im just wondering is with this latest update are there ANY restrictions on emissions deletes for the 6.7 Cummins yet or have you guys not implemented these restrictions yet?

mpdtune
August 28th, 2014, 02:15 AM
im just wondering is with this latest update are there ANY restrictions on emissions deletes for the 6.7 Cummins yet or have you guys not implemented these restrictions yet?

No, as EFILive as said over and over again, they will not place emission restrictions on already supported controllers. However, new USA specific controllers will have restrictions.

THEFERMANATOR
August 28th, 2014, 05:54 AM
No, as EFILive as said over and over again, they will not place emission restrictions on already supported controllers. However, new USA specific controllers will have restrictions.

At this time was the last word I got. And you can understand some peopels aggrevation by it since we were told years ago that since EFILIVE was not a US based company, we would never get ANY restrictions. I fully understand why they did it as I can see how the threat of an agency like the EPA coming after you would make you change your stance, and it was the right move on EFILIVE's part, but if you look at it from the customers perspective, we were promised we would never get any restrictions, yet here we are.

C Murda
August 28th, 2014, 08:56 AM

didnt really answer my question there... ill add that i am a USA based customer so that being said have these emissions restriction been implemented on us unfortunate bastards yet in this latest update/release???

last i heard about this situation was that all new USA based controllers would have the restrictions AND should you update your current non restriction firmware/software then you too will be locked out of delete capabilities and now your non restriciton controller will be running the restrictions just like any new controller...

THEFERMANATOR
August 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM
didnt really answer my question there... ill add that i am a USA based customer so that being said have these emissions restriction been implemented on us unfortunate bastards yet in this latest update/release???

last i heard about this situation was that all new USA based controllers would have the restrictions AND should you update your current non restriction firmware/software then you too will be locked out of delete capabilities and now your non restriciton controller will be running the restrictions just like any new controller...

As of right now, we have not lost any abilities we had in the past. So if you currently have a controller that was supported in the past with the ability to do deletes, you can STILL do them. If you had a controller that they did not provide deletes for, then you will not get them most likely. As of the last I spoke with them, only LML's had regional restrictions on them, but future CUMMINS support may have them on them.

Hooter
August 30th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Hi Guys, on about 10th August I downloaded (from the website) the latest version 7.5 and 8 and installed it in Compaq Presario CQ56
It all seemed to work ok on a LS1b cable throttle
Then I did a LS1b fbw VZ 5.7L Commodore, and no matter what i did I could not lean it out
I tried VE's, PE, AFR, and Injector rate
the cruise fuel was pretty good, but on dyno it was running 12 to 1 AFR, and no matter what I did could not change it
I sucked calibration out, and compared, and it all seemed ok
The car had been tuned before and maybe by HP...... so not sure if there was a conflict there.
Then later I had to touch up a E38 tune from the week before with my old laptop, and this is where it got messy.
I couldnt get my Scan tool dash page to work properly
The E38 dash only had 6 panels, and the PID list only showed about 130 pids, none of which were the ones I wanted.
The spark was reading -45 degrees and MAP was 17kpa, which is totally wrong.
I wasnt able to change or correct anything
Any suggestions????
I am in a bind and cant use my old laptop, now dongle has been updated....
Any help much appreciated

Blacky
August 30th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Not sure if this will help you or not, but there is an option in the V7 menu: Dashboard->Recall installation defaults->Reset "Default LS2" dashboards.
That option will reset your dashboard to how it was when the software was installed.

Regards
Paul