PDA

View Full Version : 06 model year?

DWS6
April 23rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Looking to purchase a 2006 Yukon Denali (6.0L). Will I be able to tune it with my personel license?
Thanks,

wait4me
April 23rd, 2006, 02:06 PM
Yes :)

DWS6
April 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks man!

LTChip
September 1st, 2006, 01:55 AM
06 Denali too. Buying EFI for my 01 Duramax.

Where can I get the basic info on how to create a mild tow/power tune for the Denali? I don't know squat about tuning gassers. (and just a bit more than squat on diesels :) )

dfe1
September 3rd, 2006, 02:56 AM
06 Denali too. Buying EFI for my 01 Duramax.

Where can I get the basic info on how to create a mild tow/power tune for the Denali? I don't know squat about tuning gassers. (and just a bit more than squat on diesels :) ) Ask 10 different tuners, and you'll probably get 10 different answers. In genreal, I've found that it's best to do some logging so you know what the existing calibration is doing and what changes make sense. As an example, if you're already seeing spark knock during mid to full throttle acceleration, you obviously want to pull timing back rather than advancing it. If Long Term Fuel Trims are positive or more than 6 or 7% negative, make the appropriate mods to the VE table. Start with these mods and get comfortable with them before getting more adventurous. It's also a good idea to save each set of changes as a new file name- that way you can always go back to the previous tun file if you take a step in the wrong direction.

joecar
September 3rd, 2006, 07:12 AM
LTChip, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Redline Motorsports
September 3rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Yes :)

Is that available today?