PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced PIDs

cjowett
July 30th, 2014, 01:29 PM
When I was selecting PID groups to do a scan, at some point I reached a lot of PIDs and channels and got a pop-up message suggesting I use EFILive's enhanced PID's for the Cummins controler. I can't find any documentation on how to install it or activate it.

Anyone know how to unlock the secret?

WyoFreeride
July 30th, 2014, 02:42 PM
You need to be running a CSP tune to use EDA

cjowett
July 30th, 2014, 02:56 PM
you need to be running a csp tune to use eda

csp=?
Eda=?

WyoFreeride
July 30th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Switchable tuning on an 06-07 5.9. look for the CSP 5 upgrade PDF in the help or on the website

cindy@efilive
July 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Hi Chuck,

I got your support email sent to me internally yesterday and responded back via those channels. The question you posed there was slightly different to the one you pose here....the message I got was.....

When I have been selecting PIDs for scanning exercises I get a message that pops up telling me I should consider the custom PID groups available through EFILive. I can't find any documentation on these. How do I install/activate them?

For Cummins, data is streamed in groups, so if a user selects a single PID, while only that PID will be displayed when viewing the log, in the background the entire group was logged (and consumed channels), which is the reason for the warning - if your consuming the channels, you may as well keep the data for review.

For customers running our CSP operating system, (presently only available on 5.9, but in development for 6.7L), we've created an extensive critical list of PIDs to cover almost everything in one single grouping. The advantage of this style of logging vs selecting individual PID's is that each customer will log exactly the same data making the life of those who offer tuning support a dream.

I should also note, that in the next release Paul has added additional warning for Cummins logging. BBL does not work (and will not be implemented) for standard OS's for Cummins. BBL will only be available for customers running our CSP operating system. Pass through logging does work.

Now back to the question you pose in this thread. Enhanced PID's are not available for 6.7L. Can you please provide the exact steps you followed to get that message on your 6.7L and we will amend the software for the next release.

Cheers
Cindy

LBZoom
September 27th, 2014, 02:14 AM
I'm probably overlooking something, I've got the latest update installed. I'm not finding a way to log data on a 6.7 Cummins. Trying to use a pass through option, it's not a CSP5 truck. When I select PID options in V8, none of the buttons (pause, stop, record, etc) are available to select.

And the old way of doing it in the 7.5 is non existent anymore from what I see, correct?

Thanks for any insight!

cindy@efilive
September 28th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Cummins logging is only available in V8 in standalone when a CSP operating system is in use. In your case, that is not yet available. Pass-through logging has not been activated yet using V8 software for any controllers - pass-through logging is only available via V7.5 software.

Using V8 software, when users setup BBX logging for Cummins, the following warning appears when the controllers are selected in the [F5: BBX] -> [F2: Scan] menu.

Using V7 software, pass-through logging can be activated by following the instructions in the Cummins 6p7L CM2100A CSP5 User Guide.pdf. This document has been included in pre-release software ahead of CSP's public release. You can follow those instructions on setting up pass-through logging, however you'll need to select PID's in the regular fashion, given those instructions pertain to selecting the EDA grouping, which will only be available once CSP is released.

Cheers
Cindy