PDA

View Full Version : Time for some 2014 corvette support on built cars?

slowhawk
August 2nd, 2014, 12:57 AM
We've has a few C7 builds from basic bolt-ons to cam'd,supercharged/stalled cars. EFI just needs some more table's addedHere is a few requests.
For A6 tranny- Need shift time adjustments.

Motor
We have no idle air control. No way to adjust to start a cam'd car.
Some more idle timing control

I'll think of more and add them.

GMPX
August 2nd, 2014, 10:34 AM
The E92 is going to be enhanced over the next month or so, but not by me, we have someone else assisting now.

wesam
August 3rd, 2014, 04:19 AM
The E92 is going to be enhanced over the next month or so, but not by me, we have someone else assisting now.

Thats a good news
Thanks Ross

cindy@efilive
August 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
Thats a good news
Thanks Ross

I have your E78 unsupported OS on his to-do list right after E92.

Cheers
Cindy

slowhawk
August 4th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Sounds good. Right now I'm stuck between 2 softwares to tune the car. It's a pain.

ScarabEpic22
August 5th, 2014, 10:21 AM

:cheers: Great news!

minytrker
August 5th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Sounds good. Right now I'm stuck between 2 softwares to tune the car. It's a pain.

Thats seems to be the norm for 2014's or just using the other software. I definitely don't like double licensing just to tune a vehicle.

GMPX
August 5th, 2014, 07:03 PM
I definitely don't like double licensing just to tune a vehicle.
I'm not sure why you would be doing that, you know what the current EFILive offering is capable of (less maps than HPT), why use EFILive and HPT on the same car?

Highlander
August 17th, 2014, 09:39 AM
We are using exclusively EFilive for all the C7s we have been doing... no need for HPT.

Highlander
August 17th, 2014, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47NwALfjUs

Wannagofast Austin Texas.. All tunes were done with Efilive..... 800+ on charger alone.

minytrker
August 17th, 2014, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure why you would be doing that, you know what the current EFILive offering is capable of (less maps than HPT), why use EFILive and HPT on the same car?

Even run into it with some E38's, one software has x tables but not y or vise versa, so you use the other software to change a couple tables. I like the scan tool better in efi live is another big reason to use efi live for me. Unfortunately for gas tuners it looks like efi live is going more towards the diesel market and not being as active in the gas market as the other software.

cindy@efilive
August 17th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Even run into it with some E38's, one software has x tables but not y or vise versa, so you use the other software to change a couple tables. I like the scan tool better in efi live is another big reason to use efi live for me. Unfortunately for gas tuners it looks like efi live is going more towards the diesel market and not being as active in the gas market as the other software.

Not quite sure how hiring someone as indicated in post 2 demonstrates we are ignoring our gas customers.....

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
August 17th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately for gas tuners it looks like efi live is going more towards the diesel market and not being as active in the gas market as the other software.
Okay, keep in mind that EFILive had support for the E78, E39 etc long before HPT and we beat them to E92 as well, whilst it wasn't as comprehensive it at least existed.
I cannot argue the point that we (well I) spend majority of my time working on Diesel and thoroughly enjoy doing so, the technical challenges in designing the switchable tunes etc is very satisfying and results in excellent sales for EFILive and the Diesel tuning companies also thrive, which at the end of the day we are all in business trying to make money.
I knew I was not going to be able to keep up with all the new OS's and enhancements that E78, E92 etc require which is why I am not doing it now and someone else is. That is what I said in my earlier post and what Cindy said above, if that isn't good enough then please tell us what else is needed?

Taz
August 18th, 2014, 02:47 AM
... I knew I was not going to be able to keep up with all the new OS's and enhancements that E78, E92 etc require which is why I am not doing it now and someone else is. That is what I said in my earlier post and what Cindy said above, if that isn't good enough then please tell us what else is needed? ...

Hello Ross,

What allowed users to be self sufficient was the original CAX file system used by EFILive. Since versions 230 / 224 this has become increasing limited. There was discussion about revisiting this feature at some future point.

I am well aware of the "fool factor" involved with this feature. I would be willing sign a legal document with EFILive, formally absolving you of all responsibility for my development and use of the CAX feature. This is actually redundant, but it would limit the demands on EFILive made by the foolish.

The CAX file feature offers a "win / win" resolution - taking the pressure off of EFILive to fully support all controllers, and allowing users to add the features that they require (eliminating the need to use two or three different softwares to fully configure a controller).

If I update my version of EFILive, I would then be locked out of years of my work. However, by not updating, I am unable to work directly with the E92 ECM using EFILive. The work around to this is a two interface approach (using two different versions of the EFILive software), which is unnecessarily complicated and time consuming.

Give professional tuners a version of EFILive with no CAX file limitations, and issues like these could then be resolved at the user level.

Just my opinion ... I use four tuning softwares these days, but EFILive remains my favourite, and the most stable of them all.

Best regards,
Taz

GMPX
August 18th, 2014, 10:09 AM
What allowed users to be self sufficient was the original CAX file system used by EFILive. Since versions 230 / 224 this has become increasing limited.
Yes it is a great way to enhanced your own personal version, no questions asked by us, you want to add in all the tables you need then go for it. I believe the restrictions were more towards .cax files having access outside of the calibrations area. Is that not the case?

Taz
August 19th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Yes it is a great way to enhanced your own personal version, no questions asked by us, you want to add in all the tables you need then go for it. I believe the restrictions were more towards .cax files having access outside of the calibrations area. Is that not the case?

Hi Ross,

My formal education is not in computer programming, so we may not be speaking in the same language on this topic. A couple of examples perhaps ...

Versions 230 / 224 and earlier allowed users unrestricted use of the CAX file system. For tuner shops and professional tuners in general, this is the optimal configuration.

If, in the current software versions, the CAX restrictions only applied to existing parameters offered by EFILive, this would work for me 95% of the time.

Here is what actually happens to my CAX files with the current software versions ...

With the T43:

EFILive does not offer per shift torque reduction parameters

my CAX for these parameters will load for the non-sequential shifts (skip shifts)
my CAX will not load (is blocked) for the sequential shifts

With the E67:

I helped a Forum member configure a Trailblazer SS OS to effectively operate a supercharged LS9

EFILive does not offer some of the boost related tables required
my CAX file for these parameters will not load (is blocked)

B8027 to B8029 are shown in EFILive, but are "grayed out" (not configurable) - these needed to be changed for this application to work correctly

It seems to me that the current CAX restrictions block off entire portions of the calibration, even when these portions are not captured as editable parameters by EFILive software.

With unsupported OS (any controller):

when you read out a calibration and get the pop-up message that the OS is not yet supported, you can still write a CAX file for it
the problem is, the moment that OS is supported (even marginally), some or all of the CAX will no longer load

I am a lifelong business person. I understand the potential to EFILive the diesel industry presents, and I support you in your endeavours in this pursuit. I only ask that in the process that you don't kick the feet out from under me, by restricting the CAX file system, after I have spent years developing these for use with your software.

Cheers,
Taz

GMPX
August 19th, 2014, 09:46 AM
I'll have to have Paul take a look at your post when he has a moment, as far as I was aware the only restrictions in place were to not allow changes outside of the calibration area and to not allow overlapping calibrations with what we already defined. We are not deliberately introducing restrictions to stop what you have achieved, it may simply be there is some implementation anomalies. Have you contacted support @ about it directly?

slowhawk
September 30th, 2014, 02:03 AM
On my 4th supercharged C7. As of now EFI live can't tune them. It is missing so much that that the cars can't be done. No cam timing control. No injector timing control. Missing some throttle TM table's. Auto tranny still has no shift timing control ect.
Sad part is I'm getting pretty good with HPT and understanding there setup. Didn't touch it till the C7's.

Would love to see EFI put some time into this.

oldwelder
October 3rd, 2014, 11:07 AM
Doing one for a friend now an see some limitations as described above. Any updates to this? thanks.

wesam
October 13th, 2014, 07:49 PM

Ross is there any updates for E92 this month ?

cindy@efilive
October 14th, 2014, 08:13 AM
E92 has been worked on extensively over the last 2 months. Once they are finished, all that is left is to check them before they can move into the software. I haven't been given a timeframe yet, but will ask.

Cheers
Cindy

wesam
October 14th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Thanks a lot Cindy
I hope it will not take too long as there are a lot of coming projects need the missing tables

minytrker
October 14th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Not quite sure how hiring someone as indicated in post 2 demonstrates we are ignoring our gas customers.....

Cheers
Cindy

E92 has been worked on extensively over the last 2 months. Once they are finished, all that is left is to check them before they can move into the software. I haven't been given a timeframe yet, but will ask.

Cheers
Cindy

Thats good to hear!! Will there ever be a E92 stream option?

cindy@efilive
October 14th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Thats good to hear!! Will there ever be a E92 stream option?

Stream licensing will not be available in the historical format for controllers like LS1, however we are looking at other options.

Cheers
Cindy

RandyWS6
November 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Any updates on the update , Need to do some tuning on my supercharged C7 corvette E92 ??????

GMPX
November 21st, 2014, 07:06 PM
Very soon Randy, it is my mission to do a final check of them early next week, then they will be in full software update. (nice combo to have to tune BTW!)

RandyWS6
November 21st, 2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks, Here is a pic of my C7, I had it professionally installed a dyno tuned ,but they use HP Tuner, I uploaded it into my V2 , but there's a lot missing in EFI Live. I noticed there is no fan settings also , will that be included in the update ? I'm having some surging and KR issues and its a 6 hour drive to the tuner. I'm hoping I can get some help on here to help me sort it out. The E92 is very complexed and is going to be a learning curve for me for shore.

Taz
November 22nd, 2014, 05:30 AM
... I noticed there is no fan settings also , will that be included in the update ? ...

Hello Randy,

Beautiful car ... looking forward to the roll-out of the 2015 LT4 (Gen V replacement of the Gen IV LS9).

If the fan settings you need don't happen to be in the next update, just let me know ... I can probably help out.

Cheers,
Taz

RandyWS6
November 22nd, 2014, 06:58 AM
OK,Thanks

wesam
December 2nd, 2014, 11:43 PM
Any update regarding the coming update
I have a C7 with supercharger need to be tuned since two weeks I hope it will be released this week

RandyWS6
December 3rd, 2014, 01:58 AM
What brand of supercharger do you have ? I Have a A&A with 10 lbs. boost on my C7 .

RandyWS6
December 8th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Any updates on the LT1's E92 yet ?

RandyWS6
December 8th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Very soon Randy, it is my mission to do a final check of them early next week, then they will be in full software update. (nice combo to have to tune BTW!)

Any update yet on the LT1's E92 yet ?

cindy@efilive
December 8th, 2014, 11:32 AM
The parameter mapping is all done, and support has just been added for the newest E92 OS released over the last couple of weeks. Validity checking prior to adding these updates to our software is not quite complete.

The real holdup is the next release (which includes Cummins 2010-15 support) changes the .ctz file format. Until that file format is thoroughly tested and set in stone, then released, anyone testing files will have compatibility issues with their customers. The new file format cannot be opened in older software, but the new software can open older file formats.

Cheers
Cindy

wesam
December 8th, 2014, 05:35 PM
What brand of supercharger do you have ? I Have a A&A with 10 lbs. boost on my C7 .
Its ECS Novi 1500

wesam
December 8th, 2014, 05:36 PM
The parameter mapping is all done, and support has just been added for the newest E92 OS released over the last couple of weeks. Validity checking prior to adding these updates to our software is not quite complete.

The real holdup is the next release (which includes Cummins 2010-15 support) changes the .ctz file format. Until that file format is thoroughly tested and set in stone, then released, anyone testing files will have compatibility issues with their customers. The new file format cannot be opened in older software, but the new software can open older file formats.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy any time frame ?!!

Highlander
December 8th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Does everyone have the same OS 12660065?

RandyWS6
December 11th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Does everyone have the same OS 12660065?

Yes ,What do you need , Mine is a 2014 C7 3LT-Z51 M7 (OS-12660065) are you needing the stock tune file ?

Highlander
December 12th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Not really

considering releasing my full cax. Which is pretty much complete

Cummins610
December 12th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Bit off topic but..
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095863_conservative-ecu-tuning-causing-power-loss-on-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06

I find it interesting of a OEM to reference the aftermarket in a positive way.

Highlander
December 12th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I don't see anything positive about it.. LOL

joecar
December 12th, 2014, 02:48 PM
"... a GM spokesman said in a statement ..."

The article did not name names, and it did not point you to that the GM statement, so it is dubious that GM actually directly said that.

wesam
December 13th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Not really

considering releasing my full cax. Which is pretty much complete

Looking forward to see the CAX file
thanks in advance for sharing

ringram
December 15th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Some new calz were at PRI. Highlander, throw your cax out there. Im sure others can add tables as well. I know others at PRI can add value too. Chuck them in the cax thread https://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?74-CAX-Files

Highlander
December 17th, 2014, 06:58 AM
After a long debate.... Mike@vengeance agreed....

http://www.vengeancecalibration.com/12660065.cax

Highlander
December 17th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Right Click Save as

joecar
December 17th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Thanks for posting :cheers:

What do these mean (refering to MAP sensors):
TIAP
SCIAP
TCIAP
DSL

wesam
December 17th, 2014, 10:06 AM

Thanks a lot for sharing
I hoop if you have same CAX file for trucks OS# 12663390

Thanks again

Highlander
December 17th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Nothing for trucks.

This has been a LOT of work done. Released just to help out the efilive community and ease the burden on the efilive team while they release theirs

RandyWS6
December 21st, 2014, 02:56 PM
After the new update , will we be able to calibrate the Mass Air or run SD . I have a little surging with my A&A SC @ cruse and would like to run in SD to find out what's going on . I have duel WB's

Highlander
December 22nd, 2014, 05:41 AM
No need to run SD for the surge.

RandyWS6
December 22nd, 2014, 11:30 AM
No need to run SD for the surge.

Im new with the LT1 E92 ecm. I had a A&A super charger installed with Kook Long Tubes & X pipe installed and the tuner told me that the mass air is not located in the right place , witch is causing a surge at cruse or on a hill under load , WOT is fine. The blow off valve is open or the engine is not under boost. But the tuner told me if I run it in SD the surge was gone and the engine run perfect. They use HPT to dyno tune the car. I have the HPT SD tune but cant convert it to EFI Live . I have duel PLX WB ready to install so I can try to get the surge out of it.

cindy@efilive
December 28th, 2014, 02:14 PM
E92 calibration files are updated in our December 28 release, which is currently being tested.

This development includes a range of new calibrations along with new operating system support and ECM locking to prevent tune copying.

Cheers
Cindy

RandyWS6
December 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM
So when are we looking to go public on the update ?

GMPX
December 28th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately with the Christmas rush there was some files omitted from the intended release build, early next year at this stage for the release as staff are on holidays now.

TDH
January 14th, 2015, 03:51 AM
Unfortunately with the Christmas rush there was some files omitted from the intended release build, early next year at this stage for the release as staff are on holidays now.

Any idea when we will see this release update? I recently acquired EFI Live Flashscan V2 with the gm licenses and did not adequately research that many of the features weren't available yet. Any info you can give me is appreciated.

Thank you.

cindy@efilive
January 14th, 2015, 11:40 AM
A week to 2 weeks at most.

Cheers
Cindy

TDH
January 14th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Thank you. I am looking forward to it.

RandyWS6
January 22nd, 2015, 09:45 AM
A week to 2 weeks at most.

Cheers
Cindy

Are we getting close for the LT1 update ??

TDH
February 9th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Are we getting close for the LT1 update ??

Highlander
February 9th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Anyone tried the latest update??? i did a 2015 C7 and what is needed is there.

cindy@efilive
February 9th, 2015, 09:42 AM
The update was released in January. There has since been one more update, and another scheduled today, so if you didn't update to January's release you may just want to hold off until today's release is made.

Cheers
Cindy

thetruck454
February 12th, 2015, 12:34 PM
With the new release supporting the t87 tcm (which is awesome btw) are you guys going to make a t87 section for tuning the 8 spds/Allison?

GMPX
February 12th, 2015, 01:50 PM
We are still tying to map the T87 so no new sub section is needed yet.

thetruck454
February 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM
We are still tying to map the T87 so no new sub section is needed yet.

I was so eager I jumped the gun and must have read the release notes wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

GMman
March 7th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Anything new on this? I'm looking for a tune with EFI-Live. Are all the tables available? Any particular tables
access what a "Cowboost" can do?

Highlander
March 7th, 2015, 01:25 PM
2014 support is what is needed.

GMman
March 7th, 2015, 02:59 PM
That is what I'm looking for. 2014 Stingray.

GMPX
March 7th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Anything new on this? I'm looking for a tune with EFI-Live. Are all the tables available? Any particular tables
access what a "Cowboost" can do?
Totally different on the E92, the throttle control is very different to the E38's (the Cowboost you talk about).

We are going to continue to work on the E92 over the next few months, so there will be another update for them coming.

wesam
March 8th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Ross there is a couple of tables shown with the CAX file posted here before it will be nice to add them

Thanks in advance

cindy@efilive
March 8th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Ross there is a couple of tables shown with the CAX file posted here before it will be nice to add them

Thanks in advance

By all means list the tables you would like to see added. Our development process does not include loading user generated files.

Cheers
Cindy

wesam
March 8th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Thanks Cindy
the tables are :
B7120
B7121
B5700
B9420
The most important are :
C0401
C0402

Thanks in advance

kangsta
March 9th, 2015, 01:58 AM

Any chance you could repost?

cindy@efilive
March 9th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks Cindy
the tables are :
B7120
B7121
B5700
B9420
The most important are :
C0401
C0402

Thanks in advance

Thanks Wesam, they have been noted. Just want to double check that this covers EVERYTHING you need - after this next round of enhancements, finding the time to go back for further development will be very limited.

Cheers
Cindy

wesam
March 9th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Cindy I dont know what tables still hidden and could be important for us
I asked for those tables because we used them after the CAX file and we find them very important
Thanks in advance Cindy

Chuck CoW
March 9th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Totally different on the E92, the throttle control is very different to the E38's (the Cowboost you talk about).

We are going to continue to work on the E92 over the next few months, so there will be another update for them coming.

:jump: Gotta love it no matter what controller it's in!

Chuck CoW

GMman
March 10th, 2015, 08:54 AM
:jump: Gotta love it no matter what controller it's in!

Chuck CoW

Hi Mr. Mosello. Can you apply a "CowBoost" to the new C7 Stingray? Thank you.

GMPX
March 10th, 2015, 10:36 AM
The C7 uses a different approach to throttle control than the C6, in the C7 you already have direct control over throttle response.

GMman
March 11th, 2015, 02:29 AM
The C7 uses a different approach to throttle control than the C6, in the C7 you already have direct control over throttle response.

Are there new tables for the C7 that can accomplish this? Thanx!

GMPX
March 11th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Not new no, you use the commanded power tables (B8802 etc), they've been there from day one.

wesam
March 25th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks Wesam, they have been noted. Just want to double check that this covers EVERYTHING you need - after this next round of enhancements, finding the time to go back for further development will be very limited.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy any time frame for tables C0401
C0402 to be added ?

Thanks in advance

GMPX
March 26th, 2015, 09:25 AM
What were these Wesam? Were they from a .cax file someone made up? If you can post the description that would be very helpful.

wesam
March 26th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Ross yes they are in the CAX file posted here before
the description for C0401 says :
Used to enable or disable the MAP sensor short to high diagnostic.
Only the following values may be entered into this table:
- Disabled
- Enabled

C0402 says:
Used to enable or disable the MAP sensor short to ground diagnostic.
Only the following values may be entered into this table:
- Disabled
- Enabled

THanks in advance

cindy@efilive
March 26th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Wesam,

Our developer is presently working on the calibration review for E92. I would say that will be finished in the next 2-3 weeks. From there on average it's a 6-8 week cycle for validation and incorporating the changes into a software build. Realistically, if everything goes well software will be ready in June. (These are just estimates of the time frames involved, not a guarentee)

Cheers
Cindy

cindy@efilive
April 20th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Update can be found here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25455-E92-E78-E39-E39A-Beta-test

Cheers
Cindy

GMman
July 6th, 2015, 04:11 AM
Is anything new for my C7 that got tuned about a year ago?

cindy@efilive
July 6th, 2015, 09:50 AM
There was a comprehensive update made in January 2015 for E92, and another scheduled for this week.

Cheers
Cindy

GMman
July 7th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Thanx Cindy. Would it be worth getting my car "retuned", meaning are there any "must-have"
tables that weren't available 10 months ago? Thanx!

wesam
July 7th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Good news
Thanks Cindy

cindy@efilive
July 7th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Thanx Cindy. Would it be worth getting my car "retuned", meaning are there any "must-have"
tables that weren't available 10 months ago? Thanx!

That's a very subjective question. It would depend on a range of things - your modifications, goals, and what parameters were changed initially. It's really a question for your tuner.

Cheers
Cindy