PDA

View Full Version : Unresponsive Autocal in OBD plug

thegoat70808
August 2nd, 2014, 07:08 AM
I'm very new to EFI Live and Autocal, so forgive my ignorance. When I connect my autocal to the vehicle at the OBD port and key on the vehicle, the screen on the controller is still unresponsive. The vehicle is a GMC Duramax, and from what I've read in other forums, I need to check the CIG fuse because the fuse for the OBD plug is shared with the cigarette lighter fuse? What other things can I check/do in my efforts to troubleshoot the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

joecar
August 2nd, 2014, 11:57 AM
Your tuner (who sent you the AutoCal) would be able to help you (the AutoCal needs to be programmed).

thegoat70808
August 2nd, 2014, 12:08 PM
From my understanding, the Autocal should still power on when plugged into the OBD port of the vehicle. Secondly, when I connect the Autocal to my computer and open Explorer, I can see the tune files are loaded...?? Wouldn't this indicate that the issue lies somewhere in the vehicle?

joecar
August 2nd, 2014, 01:13 PM
Do you get power and ground continuity on the OBD socket at the vehicle...?

thegoat70808
August 2nd, 2014, 01:22 PM
I just went ahead and checked that fuse first, and that was it (cig lighter fuse blown). I was just curious to know what all might cause an issue like that. Thanks.