PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Corvette stock tune, not so stock?

RecMech
August 5th, 2014, 06:42 AM
New to EFILive, some Ford experience form many years ago.

I have played around with the V2 and software and downloaded from the car to look around. Car was purchased used, so it may have been edited?
2006 Corvette base. MN6. LS2. No mods. OS 12605732

There is a date listed in the .cal file, but it makes no sense as the car was in my possession at the time.

Looks like the CAGS is disabled, other RPM limit changes, and who knows what else may be changed?? Car runs great, I just want to have a clean baseline.

Can someone send me a stock file to compare?

Thanks!!

ScarabEpic22
August 5th, 2014, 10:28 AM
What .cal file are you referring to? EFILive doesnt have use .cal anymore, that change was made back in ~2011 or so. The extension .calz stor Calibration information.

The .calz files have a modified date of whenever EFILive released an update to the Calibration files (.calz). .tun files might have the date they were read, but I havent used them in a few years now. .ctz files have metadata to tell you when they were read.

Check TuneFileDepot.com for stock tunes.

RecMech
August 5th, 2014, 12:32 PM
You are correct, it is .calz I guess I was just being lazy.

I checked TuneFileDepot and the closest I see is a Z06 file.

ScarabEpic22
August 6th, 2014, 06:43 PM
No prob, I dont have a stock 06 Vette file. Hopefully someone will chime in with one.

DrkPhx
August 9th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Do a search here and you may find a file. You can also compare a 05 or 07 file as well.

Make sure to match the operating system and trans as well. Disregard the date in the file.

RecMech
August 25th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Just an update.. And a thank you for the info above!

Car has OS 12605732, some minor changes in it. I have available if anyone needs it.

I also purchased a spare ECM which supposedly has the most recent GM flash in it. OS 12614682 also available if needed.

2006 C6 LS2 manual. E38.

Wideband is in.. Will be gathering log data next weekend.