PDA

View Full Version : Trying Calc.VET sets P0101 - did I do something wrong or is my MAF bad?

mys10v8
August 7th, 2014, 04:52 AM
I am trying Calc.VET after running with an AutoVE tuned OLSD setup for a while - MAF has been unplugged for ~2 years (but not many miles - < 5000).

First, just to be sure wo2 was still functioning and VE was close, I ran a couple logs with the AutoVE settings and got mostly .99-1.01 in BEN map so I think that's still working. Tune and log are attached.

Next, I created tune file for logging Calc.VET (without CL/LTFT) from the above, and logged (both also attached). The MIL came on somewhere around time 09:30:40. I pulled over and looked at DTCs. It set a P0101. MAF frequency seems normal? (except near end of log when it's zero - I turned off ignition while still logging). Is that also why the DTCs are not in log file?

So, can someone review the settings in the Calc.VET tune? I'm still reviewing but not seeing where I went wrong.

Also - Is the AFR too lean in the Calc.VET log? Is it safe to be logging for an hour like this? It's leaner than the AutoVE log.

The AutoVE logging history and vehicle specifics can be found here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19947-My-AutoVE-questions

Thanks
-- Joe

statesman
August 7th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Your MAF calibration was way too low and it failed the rationality test.

I've recalibrated your MAF for you... flash it in and you should be good to go.

mys10v8
August 8th, 2014, 01:25 AM
So I shouldn't be using the MAF calibration that GM used for that 2000 Camaro MAF? That calibration also functioned before I went OLSD. Not trying to argue, just trying to understand why.

statesman
August 8th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Hey... you asked for a review and I gave you one. Take it or leave it... it's up to you.

picnic_george
August 8th, 2014, 02:37 AM
If you already did an autove why not just do an automaf and call it done? You're already halfway there, you should be able to knock out the maf quickly. If your data is way far off from factory with a stock maf, induction setup you might have other issues.

mys10v8
August 8th, 2014, 03:33 AM
If you already did an autove why not just do an automaf and call it done? You're already halfway there, you should be able to knock out the maf quickly. If your data is way far off from factory with a stock maf, induction setup you might have other issues.

AutoVE produced a canyon in the VE map in the 95 kPa column so I thought I'd try CalcVET to see what it produced. VE image is in this post:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19947-My-AutoVE-questions&p=175711&viewfull=1#post175711

picnic_george
August 8th, 2014, 03:45 AM
The vehicle has a turbo on it? But sticking with the 1 bar map no COS and want to go back to a MAF?

mys10v8
August 8th, 2014, 04:33 AM
The vehicle has a turbo on it? But sticking with the 1 bar map no COS and want to go back to a MAF?
no turbo

picnic_george
August 8th, 2014, 05:08 AM
I can't look at your tune or log, but it would seem something if off. Do you have a voltage issue? I had a recifier go out on my car and when I would floor it and hit about 3k(engine rpm) it would comepletely shut off the alternator. If something like that is happening it could completely mess up your results. Just something to look for, that VE looks all out of wack at 95kPa.

joecar
August 8th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I'm also looking thru your files...

mys10v8
August 15th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Your MAF calibration was way too low and it failed the rationality test.

I've recalibrated your MAF for you... flash it in and you should be good to go.

Ran a new log with suggested MAF calibration changes - no P0101 error thrown - thanks. Log attached.

From here I will:
- adjust MAF calibration with SELBEN as it placing it directly between the GM numbers and statesman's.
- do a free air calibration on the WO2.
- then log some more.

Still gotta wonder why GM's would be far enough off to throw a code. Maybe the right question to ask is if any 2000 Camaro owners have done calcVET and what they came up with for MAF calibration.

statesman
August 15th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Ran a new log with suggested MAF calibration changes - no P0101 error thrown - thanks.

Happy tuning. :cheers:

joecar
August 17th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Good job :cheers:

joecar
August 17th, 2014, 03:16 PM
LS1 F-body MAF tables are fairly close...

but, remember that the MAF calibration depends on the intake plumbing, and the LS1 F-body has hardly any plumbing (very compact straight into throttle body).