PDA

View Full Version : Checksum error code $06FF with L92 PCM

67SS509
August 7th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Tried to cal flash a modified tune into a 2014 Chevy truck with the 6.2 engine and OS #12663390. At the end of the flash got a "Script Exited with Code $06FF-Checksum Failure" . Engine would not crank or run. I then flashed the stock file back into it and it cranked and appears to be fine. Any ideas on what I need to do different or change?

GMPX
August 7th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Any chance this ECM has had another programmer on it before?

joecar
August 7th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I'm seeing same "Checksum Failure" on a 2013 E38 file that I sent to Paul... my customer claims he flash with GM TIS...

this happens only when flashing with V8 or V2 BBF.

Flashes with no errors when using V7.

GMPX
August 7th, 2014, 10:56 AM
If anyone wants to post tunes I can test them here.

67SS509
August 7th, 2014, 11:38 AM
It was a tune that was copied from the PCM when it had a handheld programmer installed, changes were made to it and I tried to flash it in. What I finally got to work was compare the tune to the stock file, just copied the changes and it worked.

67SS509
August 7th, 2014, 11:42 AM
I will post the tune tomorrow that would not work and let you take a look at it.

If anyone wants to post tunes I can test them here.

joecar
August 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I'll dig thru my emails...

GMPX
August 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
It was a tune that was copied from the PCM when it had a handheld programmer installed, changes were made to it and I tried to flash it in. What I finally got to work was compare the tune to the stock file, just copied the changes and it worked.

That is the problem then, they alter the data in order to disguise the CVN changing on a modified tune, unfortunately EFILive thinks there is a checksum error because of this and the flash fails. I can fix it for you when you post the tune up.

Cheers,
Ross

Doc
November 20th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Had this exact problem today. Please help.

GMPX
November 20th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Oh no, whoever it is they are doing it to E92's now! Your fixed file is attached.

Doc
November 21st, 2014, 02:12 AM
Ross thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded the fixed file. 7 & 8 both say The version of the file being opened is not supported by this software version. I am running the Oct 28th update.

Doc
November 21st, 2014, 06:16 AM
Got stock file from dealership. little newer OS unrecognized by efilive. Just trying to get this car to start.

Taz
November 21st, 2014, 01:45 PM
Got stock file from dealership. little newer OS unrecognized by efilive. Just trying to get this car to start.

That tune uses OS12665218 ... appears to be from a 2015 Corvette equipped with a 6.2L LT1 engine and a manual transmission.

Doc
November 21st, 2014, 02:37 PM
It is. The dealership down the road from my shop was gracious enough to let me download it. Short of a fix from within the forum I am going to trailer the car to the dealership and have them use tisweb to put it back to stock. The procharger was installed with a Diablo intune. Another shop further edited with HPT over the Diablo tune no problem according to the owner. I entered the picture cautiously first attempting comms then downloading which all went well. I licensed the pcm and attempted to flash the unedited downloaded file which crashedat the very end, with the error in the of this thread. Had a fellow tuner come to the shop with hpt and try to make amends. No joy. Can still download what is in the pcm. Just no start or comms on any scantool.

GMPX
November 21st, 2014, 06:03 PM
Sorry Doc, that is the downside of me always running software development versions that sometimes won't work on public releases, I didn't think of that when I modified the tune.
So the error you got (the checksum) was already explained at the start of the thread. The reason EFILive stops and won't allow the flash to complete is we do a total write validation at the end of the reflash before allowing the flash to complete, if a checksum fails then chances are a block of data may not have been written (which would be very bad). I am pretty sure neither of those other tuners have such checks which is why they are flashing that ECM ok, albeit with the risk that sections of the flash may not have been written correctly.
Essentially what we are doing is what many non GM companies do, Cummins, Bosch etc all employ a similar reflash safety check.

PM me your Email address and I''ll send you the .calz file you need.

Cheers,
Ross

undergroundak
December 5th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Hey, so can I get in on this fun? Here is a Diablo procharger base file that I read and need to complete the tune on an E92 2014 Stingray. I get the $06FF checksum. Car is on the dyno but luckily he is patient...... Let me know if you need anything else or if I need to start a new thread.

Thanks!
Nick17789