PDA

View Full Version : No cats

curtbriggs
February 25th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I installed long tube headers and made adapters to the cross over pipes. I installed the rear O2 sensors in the header bungs with adapters to the front cables. Recommended by the manufacture.

What procedure should I follow to eliminate all the DTC's resulting from the no Cats situation.

Thanks, Curt

dfe1
February 25th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I'd go to the DTC Processing Enablers table (under Engine Diagnostics) and chnage the values for P0420 and P0430 to "X"- not reported. This should eliminate the MIL (also called the Check Engine or Service Engine Soon light, depending on the vehicle). I haven't verified this, but if these codes aren't reported, the emissions readiness test won't pass. That shouldn't be an issue unless you have to go for an emissions test, but since you've removed the cats, that's probably not a problem.

curtbriggs
February 27th, 2005, 03:09 AM
dfe1, thanks for the tip. I did that and also while in there "X not reported" everything to do with the rear O2 sensors as they were also giving DTCs.

Thanks, Curt

dfe1
February 27th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Just for reference, after you have a few miles and a few restarts accumulated after a reflash, the next time you connect FlashScan's Scanner, look at the "Summary" page under "OBDII" and check the readiness and O2 sensor tests. You'll probably have a red X instead of a green check. A future update of FlashScan will allow "tuning" of some of the test pass/fail parameters, which should eliminate readiness test issues.