PDA

View Full Version : Spooling the turbo with timing.

jamesbond2509
August 12th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I recently installed a T7675 on my 6.0 litre and am trying to tune for a good spool. It looks like timing in the 30 degree range helps spool the turbo faster. Can someone look at my tune and make some recommendations to perhaps the timing or Boosted timing table.

Thanks!

johnv
August 12th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I hope that isn't your current tune ?
Wide open throttle timing is pretty high for a std bottom end engine, on pump gas, with boost.
also you have no power enrichment, commanding 14.63 afr in PE (not safe on a boosted engine)

Tre-Cool
August 13th, 2014, 01:24 AM
I would half that spark map for a start and go from there.

jamesbond2509
August 13th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah it is my current tune, however previously used for a blower and it is speed density. I usually run 94 octane and have not had any problems with knock. I will try lowering the WOT timing - It is around 18, how much lower should I go.

jamesbond2509
August 13th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I find from observation that the turbo seems to spool very well at 25-30 degrees of timing until I hit boost. Anyone able to post their timing tables?

johnv
August 16th, 2014, 03:12 PM

Have modified you tune file with my timing tables, check history to see what i've done.

jamesbond2509
August 18th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Hi John, Thanks a lot, appreciate your help very much. I'm going to try it and report back. I was also wondering if I could have a look at your VE tables since I just changed over to a turbo and need a starting point for tuning. Thanks again

johnv
August 18th, 2014, 08:25 PM

Here you go.
Note - I run 60 lb injectors, non boost referenced fuel regulator, and also have a larger camshaft than you run, so no too sure if my VE table will a close match for your setup.

jamesbond2509
August 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Hi John Thanks again, at least it is a starting point. I have to get emissions first then I'll try this as a starting point for tuning.

Best Regards

jamesbond2509
September 2nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
Hi John, the tables were good as starting point - eventually I have to add a 20% factor to ensure I didn't go lean in the Boosted. The timing table worked out well - Thanks again.

PS is this your high horsepower tune?

johnv
September 9th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Hi John, the tables were good as starting point - eventually I have to add a 20% factor to ensure I didn't go lean in the Boosted. The timing table worked out well - Thanks again.

PS is this your high horsepower tune?

Glad it was of some help.
That was your tune with my timing and VE/fueling.

different injectors and the fact that i spray a heep of meth in boost and pull fuel to maintain desired AFRs would probably account for the extra fuel you need to add.