PDA

View Full Version : V2 throwing Airpbag Fault

dazzak75
August 12th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Hi All,

I installed a new stereo, one of the G8 Designs units in my VE series 1, it is all working with the aftermarket AC controls not causing any issues. But I plug my V2 in now and it throws an Airbag fault and stops my gauges from working, has anyone had this happen before, is there anything I can try to get it working again, I am able to upload tunes into the car, but if theV2 is plugged in then it stops the car from starting and cant log any data.

Cheers

dazzak75
October 9th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Well I disconnected the Folcik controller and plugged in the V2 and it still does it, this version of the controller doesn't have or need a vin number, could this be the issue with the V2 and showing these faults? That there is something in the system that does not have a matching VIN? When the faults are displayed there is no codes thrown, it is just visual, but it stops the AC from working too, which is a pain when you're trying to get the tune right with idle and AC on. When I get home I am going to pull this unit out and put the stock back in and see what happens, if it doesn't do this then it has to be something with the controller, I hope not cause it looks a lot better than the stock unit and cheaper then the alpine unit too.

joecar
October 10th, 2014, 09:55 AM
What year G8...?

Aftermarket devices may not observe serial/CAN bus protocol properly, so you may see stuff like that.

dazzak75
October 10th, 2014, 10:46 AM
It's a 2008 VE SS, but I put the G8 design system in it to get rid of the stock head unit, the issue I think is that the HVAC controller doesn't have a VIN number in it, it operates everything but the earlier versions had VIN nubers programmed into them, the new one doesn't. Yet it is connected into the canbus system of the car.