PDA

View Full Version : Check sum error

odd boy
August 14th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Hi,

I have Camaro 2013 that was previously with the Diablo Sport. I read the file as usual but when i try to flash the file back it gives "check sum error"

I tried to flash back diablo file but again " check sum error", i tried full flash and no luck.

Thanks,

GMPX
August 14th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Common problem with Diablo tunes, can you post the file up here so it can be fixed?

joecar
August 14th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Hi Ross,

This is the E38 file I keep getting "checksum error" at the end of flashing, when flashing using V8 or BBF (see attached)...

my customer says he flashed this into his ECM using GM TIS.

I don't see any error when flashing this file using V7

( sorry, I can't find the other thread where you said to attach such files )

GMPX
August 14th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Joe, I think this is a different issue to the Diablo CVN fudging causing the checksum error.

Edit: This is the same issue as odd_boy, I suspect your file Joe is from LS2Edit, I am 99% sure this is not a TIS flashed tune. However that doesn't explain why the ECM flashes with V7.5 but not V8, both should fail.

odd boy
August 15th, 2014, 10:46 PM

joecar
August 17th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Joe, I think this is a different issue to the Diablo CVN fudging causing the checksum error.

Edit: This is the same issue as odd_boy, I suspect your file Joe is from LS2Edit, I am 99% sure this is not a TIS flashed tune. However that doesn't explain why the ECM flashes with V7.5 but not V8, both should fail.
Yes, V7 flashes just fine (and engine starts fine).

I'll query my customer further regarding TIS vs LS2Edit.