PDA

View Full Version : 06 Electronics on an 03'

catman3126
August 15th, 2014, 09:29 AM
What does it take or what all is involved with installing an 06 ECM and harness on a 03 common rail Cummins to make it work with EFI live? or is it even possible?

mpdtune
August 18th, 2014, 01:22 PM
It's very possible. I just went from an 05 to an 07 ECM for a customer Cummins swap in a Ford. Move about 5 wires and it's go time. In a dodge you would need to piggy back the sensor inputs to the 03 ECM to keep the gauges working.

07blueCR
October 7th, 2014, 03:09 AM
You wouldn't happen to know anybody that's makes a harness or instruction for this would you? I've got a buddy with an 04.5 who wants to do this.

AdamRRT
December 13th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Yeah a detailed "here's what's needed" would be great. It'd lead to a LOT of sales for EFI Live as well, as a lot of guys with <06 trucks want to use EFI Live. I have a buddy that would swap his 05 right now if we knew what's needed. Info just isn't as plentiful as it is on the cars we're used to modifying.

mpdtune
December 13th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah a detailed "here's what's needed" would be great. It'd lead to a LOT of sales for EFI Live as well, as a lot of guys with <06 trucks want to use EFI Live. I have a buddy that would swap his 05 right now if we knew what's needed. Info just isn't as plentiful as it is on the cars we're used to modifying.

If I was to do the swap for a customer again, I would just get an 06 engine harness, goes from all the sensors to the C1 connector. From there, you need to piggy back the wiring to power up the 03 ECM and give it sensor inputs to make the gauges work.

CBDP8
March 31st, 2015, 01:24 AM
is their anyway you can contact me ablout wiring a 06 motor im installing in a project and just wanna get the truck to run im using mechanical gauges so I only need to get the motor running thanks

mpdtune
March 31st, 2015, 04:04 AM
email me luke@millerperformancediesel.com

svenster
August 20th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Have an '04 Ram 2500 with manual transmission. Does the CM849B ECM talk CAN such that I might be able to use CAN/J1939 instruments or clusters from manufacturers like Veethree, Faria, FW Murphy ? If so, I can imagine fabricating a custom dash to hold individual CAN instruments or a cluster. If not, has anybody done something else so as not to have to keep older ECM around in addition to new ? I've read that all these ECMs use a Deutsch connector ? With Deutsch tooling ( DMC AF8 ) any reason I shouldn't reuse '04 wiring harness ? Any other implications to switching over ? For example, I want to go to the dealer to have them activate SKIM on my '04 that didn't have it from factory. Other limitations ?

Thanks, Sven