PDA

View Full Version : Can't flash lmm

maxtuner
August 18th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Hi guys , I'm trying to do a dpf delete on a friends lmm and now having some problems flashing it . I first pulled the stock tune and then tuned out the dpf and the truck ran perfect with no issues for about four months
And now its throwing dpf related codes and its in reduced power mode . I looked the tune over and found I had not turned off all DTCs so I turned everything I could find related to dpf to "non emissions, no MIL" but now when I reflash , it doesn't make any difference at all . It erases and programs and says script finished successfully but truck stays in low power mode . I deleted the dpf on another lmm a few days ago and is working fine but this truck is not taking any changes I make in the tune . Can anyone help me out on this ? The truck needs to go to work and its very useless like this.
My software and firmware are up to date as well

asmithIII
August 18th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Found that any difference in pressure between the front and the rear of the DPF will cause this. Needs to be zero differential pressure before start up. Sometimes, dirt enters the pressure sensors and changes the static reading. Even one hundredth of an atmosphere will cause reduced power.

Temporary fix is to increase power in reduced power mode.

Hope that is helpful.

maxtuner
August 18th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Ok thanks for the reply, how do you mean it's a temporary fix ? What do I do to fix permanently ?

asmithIII
August 18th, 2014, 11:25 PM
First scan to see if there is any difference in pressure before starting.

My friend was satisfied with the temporary fix.

Too soon to suggest buying or modifying differential pressure sensor.

maxtuner
August 18th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Ok I'll try that ad see where it gets me , the other problem is that the truck is 4 hrs from here ad ill only get to play with it on the weekend

asmithIII
August 19th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Took me a while to find that the only difference in my truck and friends was 1 kpa of pressure between front and rear of the DPF. The tubes to his sensor had been removed. Over time, dirt and dust entered sensor and resulted in a slight mis match in the reported pressure. I was unable to use EFI Live to remove or ignore this sight mis match in differential pressure without entering reduced power mode.

Guess that professional tuners already know about this problem and have found a solution. Maybe a tune library would have a different DTC list to delete the DPF. Might find the DTC list to a hand held programmer that had DPF delete.

maxtuner
August 19th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Ok that makes a lot of sense but normally after a reflash the codes would stay off for a bit till it ran them through the system but now the engine light stays on the whole time and feels like the codes can't be deleted even with efilive now . So I was thinking I might have to limp it to a dealer and have them reflash a factory tune and start over . And if that should clear them then I should be able to turn off the dtcs with efi to keep them from popping up right ? Hope I'm not being really confusing here ... Haha

asmithIII
August 19th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Found a simple program with DPF delete for an LMM.

maxtuner
August 20th, 2014, 02:59 AM
How come the tune doesn't load in the tune tool? Since I've updated my software I can't load all lmm tunes anymore either

joecar
August 20th, 2014, 12:48 PM
How come the tune doesn't load in the tune tool? Since I've updated my software I can't load all lmm tunes anymore eitherWhich V7 build version are you using...?

maxtuner
August 20th, 2014, 01:03 PM
The latest cause I just updated last week, can't say the number right now I'm just on my way home from work though

joecar
August 20th, 2014, 01:14 PM
V7 build 262 from Jul 19, 2014...?

maxtuner
August 20th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Yes I remember the date being July 19 so I guess it's build 262

THEFERMANATOR
August 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM
If you do the DPF delete properly, the DPF differential sensor can be left out of the truck. I unplug it as well as the EGT sensor when I do them, and haven't had any problems this way. Just make sure and pack the plugs with dialectric grease, and tape them up so nothign can get in them. ANY resistance across the terminals for the DPF sensors, and it can shut the truck down in a HURRY!

maxtuner
August 20th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Ok that could be an issue here and if it is does a good cleaning help to set the truck straight or what does a guy do then?