PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Surging Issue

BigCE
August 25th, 2014, 03:06 AM
Hello, first time poster long time lurker.

I'm having an issue with a friends truck. I'm trying to tune his 2006 Auto and it seems like I'm running into some sort of limiter at WOT. The weird thing is I have the exact same file in a 06 Manual truck with no issues.

In the log you can see the rail bounce up and down, so I figured it had something to do with the rail pressure and a raised the max values and that didn't help anything. I'm leaning towards some sort of boost limiter I'm not seeing or maybe something along the lines of torque management. I'm at a Loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WyoFreeride
August 26th, 2014, 03:23 AM
BigCE,

Is it a stock turbo / injector truck?

I would start with setting B9904 to Disabled and D0511 to Minimum.

I had the same truck with similar issues and if I remember correctly I maxed out E2552 (Air Flow Limit) and that fixed it.

As a side note you might want to switch to a CSP OS to take advantage of the better logging (even if you only use tune 1). If you do switch to CSP, look a the MINJSTAT_F PID, it indicates a defuel.

Check this thread too for a little more info on that PID https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23321-MINJSTAT_F-Bit-Descriptions

WyoFreeride
August 26th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Also look at D2015

BigCE
August 26th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Thanks I was also told to try changing the minimum overboost load check to 100%.

I will try these suggestions out tonight and report back.

EDIT: Its a stock turbo and injectors yes, has an upgraded trans but that's all.

BigCE
August 27th, 2014, 02:28 AM
It is still doing the same thing. I tired everything you suggested plus raised my turbo load boost checks over 100% load. Also I changed to different base file from an 07 that shouldn't really effect anything though, that was just the only one I had with high idle turned on.

Could it be something to do with the transmission?

BigCE
September 2nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Update: As it turns out the manual truck was doing it as well just never drove it hard enough to see it happen.

Anyway got it figured out, looks like it was the calculated torque map that controls mm3 of fuel. I just maxed it out so it doesn't limit fuel and that did the trick. Hopefully this can help somebody else out.

kyle027
September 15th, 2014, 07:39 AM
I'm having the exact same issues with my truck. I hope to try these recommendations later today