PDA

View Full Version : Same OS different Speedometer Seg ID's

heavyfoot
April 25th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I have a file from another programming software and want to suck it into EFI live. Problem is the segment ID for speedometer in the FILE does not match the PCM. All other segment ID's match exactly. This is because I took the car to the dealer to have the PCM reflashed mainly because I was unhappy and decided to retune the car myself using the lastes OS. Will I hurt the PCM if I download the old file using the old software to the PCM even though the speedometer seg ID is different?

GMPX
April 26th, 2006, 12:12 AM
If you go to the GM CAL ID site -
http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Type in your VIN etc, you can see the complete history of the calibration updates. You will probably find both in there and it may give you some idea of the difference.

Cheers,
Ross

heavyfoot
April 28th, 2006, 10:39 AM
it actually didn't even list one of the two segiments id's i have for the speedometer. !$##! My question is if i were to download a segment id of 9361988 to a pcm that has a segment id of 9361994. what will happen? lock up pcm?

wait4me
April 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
no it will be fine, you are just changing the speedo segment. As long as the os matches a known compatible segment then you are fine..

Efilive checks for those compatible by not allowing you to open and compare a tune without the same segment id.