PDA

View Full Version : Cax Question

Chavez91
August 28th, 2014, 07:00 PM
I just want to verify that if we know where the Axis Values of a EFI defined table are , that we can't load a cax file with those axis values as a table and change them?

Example: RPMs are defined as 200,400,700,900,1000 and we want to use a cax to load that rpm axis to change it to 200,400,600,800,1000.

GMPX
August 28th, 2014, 07:14 PM
It depends on the ECM. Some do not have a definable axis on every table. So looking at your signature there, the LLY typically uses fixed span axis's that cannot be changed as they are hardcoded in to the OS as simple start and end range and it figures out the in-between values.

Chavez91
August 28th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Ahh the particular ecm I was wanting to do this on was the LML.

Chavez91
August 28th, 2014, 07:26 PM
When i try to define the axis values using the cax for lets say.... Injection Pulses B0552... It gives me the error saying It overlaps pre defined calibration data

joecar
August 28th, 2014, 07:55 PM
When i try to define the axis values using the cax for lets say.... Injection Pulses B0552... It gives me the error saying It overlaps pre defined calibration dataThat is because your cax defined table overlaps a predefined table.

joecar
August 28th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I just want to verify that if we know where the Axis Values of a EFI defined table are , that we can't load a cax file with those axis values as a table and change them?

Example: RPMs are defined as 200,400,700,900,1000 and we want to use a cax to load that rpm axis to change it to 200,400,600,800,1000.You can only change the axis steps of a table if the calibration has that axis defined as its own separate table.

GMPX
August 28th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Ha, you know what is funny, the label on that table is wrong, Commanded Fuel and Fuel Pressure are on the wrong axis (I can't believe nobody has noticed that).
Currently that axis is hidden from editing, I don't remember why chose to do that, I can change it so the next LML update allows you to change it.

Chavez91
August 28th, 2014, 10:23 PM
:music_whistling_1: You got the MM3 and MPA right! Thats all that matters, right? haha There are just a few tables axis values i wanted to edit, but its not the end of the world.

Chavez91
September 11th, 2014, 01:07 PM

I've got a second question....

B9005 is a table with values that I added, and B9006 is so I can edit the RPM Axis for that table. Is there a way to set up the CAX file so that when I make the change to the RPM Axis table, it changes B9005's to match? So essentially B9005 will reference the Axis values from the tune file instead of you defining static vaules in the cax.

GMPX
September 12th, 2014, 09:42 AM
I don't think any of the axis tables in the LML are static, they all have a defined axis (in Bosch's madness way of doing things). Off the top of my head I won't say that is 100% correct for every table though.

Chavez91
September 12th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Yeah they all have a defined axis. The table on the left is the axis table for the one on the right. But I want to be able to make a change to the axis( left table) and it show the changes on the right table. If that makes sense.

GMPX
September 14th, 2014, 12:40 PM
It does, but TBH I am not sure the .cax files have the ability to define that. I don't know I don't use them, I'll have to ask Paul.

Dmaxink
September 14th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I know I can change the axis outside of efi and efi will display what I desired on the outside within the software. I haven't tried it like this, but not a bad idea!

Chavez91
September 14th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I don't really have an Idea. I tried defining the Hex Address for each axis value, but that was a no go.

If I change a table axis of a table of a EFI Defined table outside of EFI, then load it, when loaded into EFI it will show the new values, and I was sorta wanting the AXIS of the tables I define with the CAX to do the same. But I don't really think its possible or I don't know how to. but if you cant, would be a cool idea to add. :tongue:

It would be cool if you could add the AXIS tables for tables that are already defined Kory, but it won't load them saying the .cax overlaps predefined data. So I think those have to be changed outside EFI unless ross can unlock them somehow?? But tables you add yourself, you can add those axis tables. :P I kinda wanna get it setup so I only have to do all the changes in one program instead of using several and swapping between them all. haha

Chavez91
October 27th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Is there a way to load a cax without having to define a "Minor" folder location?

Example:

; Seg Caption Major Minor Vis Dis 2D Grp
; ---- ---------------------------------- ------------------- ----------------------- ---- ----- --- ----
VIEW = 2 "Main Injection Mode Assignment" "Injection Control" "Additional Parameters" 1 2 0 0

If you don't include the "Minor" part, it screws the whole cax up, but if you put a "." it will make the folder name as such.... I just wanted to add the parameters to the "Major" Folder....

Is this possible?

RADustin
October 27th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I been wondering same stuff. It's the little things lol.

Is there a way to load a cax without having to define a "Minor" folder location?

Example:

; ---- ---------------------------------- ------------------- ----------------------- ---- ----- --- ----
VIEW = 2 "Main Injection Mode Assignment" "Injection Control" "Additional Parameters" 1 2 0 0

If you don't include the "Minor" part, it screws the whole cax up, but if you put a "." it will make the folder name as such.... I just wanted to add the parameters to the "Major" Folder....

Is this possible?

kangsta
October 27th, 2014, 12:56 PM
from memory use a double, double quote. like ""

joecar
October 27th, 2014, 02:25 PM
What kangsta said, try an empty string (i.e. "")...

( I'm not sure that it will work... but let see what it does. )

GMPX
October 27th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Or try just the . without any quotes at all.

Dmaxink
October 27th, 2014, 03:15 PM

^^^Thats what I do

Chavez91
October 27th, 2014, 03:29 PM

^^^Thats what I do

Well just had a chance to try it. Kangsta's worked perfect.

Tried it like you guys said (Ross&Kory)...

VIEW = 2 "Main Injection Mode Assignment" "Injection Control" . 1 2 0 0

And this is what I get

BUT! If you write it like Kangsta suggested, it loads correctly! :) Table loads in the "Major" folder.

VIEW = 2 "Main Injection Mode Assignment" "Injection Control" "" 1 2 0 0

Thought I would test both ways, and included all that just incase something wasn't working the way it should be.

kangsta
October 28th, 2014, 01:11 AM
I went through the same thing years ago :)

Chavez91
November 8th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Alright, gottttt another one! :angel_innocent:

Is there a way to define a parameter (in this instance it happens to only be a single value), so that it is visible but can't be edited?

There is a parameter I want to add for reference purposes only, but being it is in read only memory, make it un-editable, so its not changed by mistake. Kinda like how B1250 in the LMLs is displayed, you can view it but not change it.

Any one have an Idea?

Chavez91
November 8th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Also, Im trying to define 32 bit map that uses floating point values...... how do I do that with the cax? :wallbash:

joecar
November 8th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Also, Im trying to define 32 bit map that uses floating point values...... how do I do that with the cax? :wallbash:Try the data type FLT.

Chavez91
November 8th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Worked perfect. Thanks a million!

RADustin
November 15th, 2014, 02:55 PM
instead of defining an axis with hard values in a cax- is it possible to read in eeprom data and scale it for the axis data?

joecar
November 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM
instead of defining an axis with hard values in a cax- is it possible to read in eeprom data and scale it for the axis data?No, not that I know of.

Chavez91
November 16th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Darn... I was wondering the same thing.....

EverydayDiesel
July 13th, 2017, 02:16 AM
is there a book or a class that teaches cax related stuff. i am a c/c++ programmer by trade so data and programming i am very comfortable with. I need help on os specific stuff in the ecm.

joecar
July 13th, 2017, 06:13 AM
is there a book or a class that teaches cax related stuff. i am a c/c++ programmer by trade so data and programming i am very comfortable with. I need help on os specific stuff in the ecm.cax syntax can be garnered from reading existing cax files.

As for reverse engineering the ECM tables, you have to do it yourself, or find someone who has done it (they will probably want some payment).