PDA

View Full Version : some "Obviously" newbie questions

Tinbender59
September 4th, 2014, 05:55 AM
OK since the instructions in the V7.5 manual do not come close to what I finally found, and I did get "I think" a good relearn. at 4700 the motor hiccuped then dropped out. see Case JPG. now according to the hotkeys section in the scan manual "shift,ctrl, F8" does not display the learned angle??? I am trying to verify that I am at "0" degrees before I start the tuning process. I am not having any luck finding it???

I found out that I had a bad Cap and Rotor, which I am assuming that this would skew my data, as such I created a "from scratch" tune using the Savanna and Corvette tunes. It runs and idle's real good, although the timing maps need a little work I did run a spark timing map "attached" It appears too have a hot spot, lol

also I have not figured out how to upload pid's to my V2, but in the process of trying to figure it out I wiped all of my controllers in the V2. and can't figure out how to reload them. I am trying to get there!!! lol

Is there a manual that is closer to what I am working with???

Tinbender59
September 4th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Joecar; I am also in a quandary about AFR ratios, why are we running 14.50 to 14.68 instead of 14.7 which is theoretically perfict AFR ???

Supercharged111
September 7th, 2014, 06:07 AM
I think 14.68 is the perfect AFR for E0 gasoline.

joecar
September 7th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Joecar; I am also in a quandary about AFR ratios, why are we running 14.50 to 14.68 instead of 14.7 which is theoretically perfict AFR ???14.50 is very close to 14.68 (and to 14.70).

joecar
September 7th, 2014, 11:06 AM
OK since the instructions in the V7.5 manual do not come close to what I finally found, and I did get "I think" a good relearn. at 4700 the motor hiccuped then dropped out. see Case JPG. now according to the hotkeys section in the scan manual "shift,ctrl, F8" does not display the learned angle??? I am trying to verify that I am at "0" degrees before I start the tuning process. I am not having any luck finding it???There may be a pid to log for this...

what page in the scantool manual...?

I found out that I had a bad Cap and Rotor, which I am assuming that this would skew my data, as such I created a "from scratch" tune using the Savanna and Corvette tunes. It runs and idle's real good, although the timing maps need a little work I did run a spark timing map "attached" It appears too have a hot spot, lol

also I have not figured out how to upload pid's to my V2, but in the process of trying to figure it out I wiped all of my controllers in the V2. and can't figure out how to reload them. I am trying to get there!!! lolSee here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

Is there a manual that is closer to what I am working with???

Tinbender59
September 8th, 2014, 10:44 AM
joecar; the procedure is on page 153.