PDA

View Full Version : Edge CTS with stand alone harness on Cummins?

RickFox
September 10th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I have an 06 Dodge Cummins ecm and standalone harness that has a flashed ECM that I have been trying to use an Edge CTS insight to moniter the gauges through the data port. Unfortunately I have getting a "Cannot Detect Ignition on" when I go to the startup screen of the Edge and I am wondering if anyone else has tried to use the CTS with their EFI flashed ECM? Just trying to figure out what I have setup wrong, if anything. On my data port I have ground at pin 4 and 5, Can+ on pin 6, Can- on pin 14 and 12v power at pin 16. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

2007 5.9
September 10th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Ensure that the EDGE firmware is current

ashley.alstad
October 30th, 2014, 01:25 AM
We ran into this issue when we did the conversion and found that with ours we put the original truck vin back in (2004.5) so the key would work and the edge was detecting the 2004 vin but couldn't communicate with the newer communication (2006)

We ended up finding a Edge that had older software

mpdtune
November 18th, 2014, 04:36 AM
I have an 06 Dodge Cummins ecm and standalone harness that has a flashed ECM that I have been trying to use an Edge CTS insight to moniter the gauges through the data port. Unfortunately I have getting a "Cannot Detect Ignition on" when I go to the startup screen of the Edge and I am wondering if anyone else has tried to use the CTS with their EFI flashed ECM? Just trying to figure out what I have setup wrong, if anything. On my data port I have ground at pin 4 and 5, Can+ on pin 6, Can- on pin 14 and 12v power at pin 16. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Select other and let it do it's thing. I talked to Edge about this issue because I have two cummins swapped fords doing this. They believe it's vin related however I haven't had time to dig that far into it.