PDA

View Full Version : 0411 swap Knock Sensor??

bmc1025
September 11th, 2014, 04:34 PM
I have swapped an 0411 in my wife's 97 zr2 S-10 4.3. The motor is stock and I have been logging a lot of knock around cruise with a stock 2002 blazer tune. I then realized the blazer had the flat response type sensor and her 97 s-10 has a resonant 1 wire sensor.

I don't have any stock 4.3 files with resonant calibrations. I swapped all the knock sensor tables from a 2002 express van 5.7. Will this be sufficient or is there a better way.

She drives her truck on the interstate every day to and from work cruising about 70-75 right in the area I was picking up knock. I could hear an audible amount of knock before I changed the knock tables. While this fixed the knock i could hear I was still picking up knock and could feel the PCM pull timing at certain points.

I have logged and adjusted the spark tables as needed to stop the knock but the cruise areas are about 3 or 4 degrees below stock in some areas, is this normal? I am tuning for best economy at cruise and need to get this sorted out before I start leaning things out.

Thanks!

bmc1025
September 11th, 2014, 04:37 PM
I should also add her truck is lifted on 33's with 3.73 gears so a little more strain than stock but relative to pulling a small trailer.

Supercharged111
September 11th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Weird, my truck experienced the opposite phenomenon to a degree. It had a high RPM/high load phantom knock with the blackbox but now gobbles up advance with the 411 without changing knock sensors. It pulls that much harder now too. I know on the V8s that knock sensor swapping isn't required. I'm not sure about the V6 camp though, perhaps now that the 411 is in place you should swap a V8 in there for it to control. :)