PDA

View Full Version : 09 lmm dps5 tune help please

Autorepair
September 13th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Hi I am new to the tuning world could some one please help me to build a dps5 tune that works good for my truck or does someone have one built already or at least help me build it thanks 17475

Autorepair
September 15th, 2014, 03:52 AM
no help for a newbe thanks

Dmaxink
September 15th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Lots of info out there man... We are all willing to help here, but you need to try to pedal the bike instead of asking for a push :-)

asmithIII
September 17th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Things changed.

I used to be a Diesel god 10 to 15 years ago. Now, no one knows but most important no one wants to share their information. I will most likely never make any money from tuning but I'm sure that others could make money from my ideas.

I'll help but my time is extremely limited. More later...

Autorepair
September 18th, 2014, 02:33 AM
Things changed.

I used to be a Diesel god 10 to 15 years ago. Now, no one knows but most important no one wants to share their information. I will most likely never make any money from tuning but I'm sure that others could make money from my ideas.

I'll help but my time is extremely limited. More later...
thanks a lot those are good words it funny how I am a member to all kinds of forums and help lots with what I know and can do in the auto industry but this tuning is like top secret im not looking for top secret stuff I just want one that works good to learn off of thanks for all your time every one!

tokymon
September 18th, 2014, 04:02 AM
check on diesel place ther was some tunes to look at

Autorepair
September 18th, 2014, 05:01 AM
yes thanks I did there all wrong operating systems

tokymon
September 18th, 2014, 06:16 AM
ya you can use the compare function in efilive with a stock tune of same os.
just to see the changes and this will give a starting point

blklmm
September 18th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Well I'll use the words that someone once told me, you have to know what you want out of the tune before you can really achieve desired results. So what do you want?? I see a tune that was started and to be honest, probably doesn't even do a good job of "fixing the exhaust" Have you loaded it?

asmithIII
September 18th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Can you log engine data yet? Attaching a set of useful engine tuning PID's

Save your stock file and maybe even e-mail file to yourself. Make a change to stock file and then program PCM with updated calibration.

Are you deleting DPF and/or EGR?

Make one tune at a time.

My first tune add 1 degree of timing at idle and I was excited.

Have fun

Autorepair
September 19th, 2014, 02:21 AM
yes I loaded it I would like 1 to be stock 2 econo 3towing 4 hot thanks I tried asmithIII dsp5 but it ran kind of different it did not seam right thanks again every one I do not know what I need to log for this lmm and yes dpf and egr are off

blklmm
September 19th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Well does it work? Does the tune do what you want it to?

asmithIII
September 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM
My attachment for you was not an engine program.

The attachment was to be used in EFI Live scan V7.5 and is used to monitor or record engine data. The ability to monitor or record data is vital to engine tuning. Maybe a hundred different things can be monitored or recorded. This was just a list of about 20 favorite parameters.

bmc1025
September 20th, 2014, 08:45 PM
We all have to start somewhere, just navigating through the scan tool and setting it up for the first time can take hours to figure out. It is very overwhelming to say the least. It takes thousands of hours lots of trial and error to get to the point that some of the most recognized tuners are. I am no tuner by any means but I can spend countless hours researching through old threads on multiple forums just to get the very basics.

Paying for a good set of tunes from a reputable tuner would have been the better choice. I like to tinker and customize just about anything I own it's like some sort of disease there is no cure for.

OK enough ranting, I have attached a slightly modified version of your original dsp5. I only modified tables in the dsp1 folder, it should be position 2 on your switch. I have modified the Turbo Vane Position at idle to sound like the older non VGT LB7. I also modified the Vane position tables for a turbo brake function, it will only be effective using tow/haul mode. You will also noticed I changed the boost tables to reflect the changes made in the vane tables. This is very basic but hopefully it helps you understand that sometimes when you make changes to one table you will have to make changes to other related tables in order to get your desired outcome. 17522

Autorepair
September 23rd, 2014, 09:56 AM
yes it did work thanks bmc1025 lots of learning here thanks a lot I will post what I did when I have more time thanks again to all

DURAtotheMAX
September 24th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Start with small changes...log it...go from there!