PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with Sep 12, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Blacky
September 14th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Sep 12, 2014 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.264, V8.2.2.260 software and the V2.07.66 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
DSP5 upgrade is not available for LBZ/LMM controllers with operating system 12620015.
Workaround:
None.

Issue 3:
Opening tune files with the V7.5 software will fail if a *.cax file is defined for the operating system of the file being loaded.
Workaround:
Download and install the latest V7.5.7 (build 265) or later software. Update: build 265 does not completely fix the *.cax file problem.
A new version, V7.5.7 (build 266) will be released to fix the problem, please download and install build 266 when it is available here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24629-Update-Sep-12-2014).

Issue 4:
The V8 software installs as version 8.2.2 build 259 instead of 8.2.2 build 260.
Workaround:
None, the problem is just a typing mistake in the V8 software's build number - it does not cause any operational problems. It will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 5:
After reading the device settings from FlashScan or AutoCal in the [F6: Devices] tab page, the [Save] button remains disabled, preventing you from saving the settings.
Workaround:
Modify (then unmodify if desired) one or more settings to re-enable the [Save] button. Will be fixed in the next update.

Dmaxink
September 16th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Every once in a while (Most frequently with 2015 LML) our software with this update will throw a "unrecongized PCM" error stating it doesnt recognize the OS and to send it to you guys. Nothing special about the OS, just the standard 0477 that all 2015s have.

Workaround* Close the software out, resave with v8, then reopen in 7.5

Thanks,
Kory

Blacky
September 16th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Every once in a while (Most frequently with 2015 LML) our software with this update will throw a "unrecongized PCM" error stating it doesnt recognize the OS and to send it to you guys. Nothing special about the OS, just the standard 0477 that all 2015s have.

Workaround* Close the software out, resave with v8, then reopen in 7.5

Thanks,
Kory

Its most likely a tune file that has a contradiction in its meta data. It is usually something like when the StreamID=0 and Stream=E86. EFILive V8 can and does correct small issues like that (V7 doesn't).
If you get a file that causes the issue, please send it to me before "fixing" it so I can figure out exactly what's causing it.

Regards
Paul

Dmaxink
September 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Not a problem sir... I will let my team know to shoot it your way when they happen

Thanks again

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 16th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Sep 12, 2014 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.264, V8.2.2.260 software and the V2.07.66 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
DSP5 upgrade is not available for LBZ/LMM controllers with operating system 12620015.
Workaround:
None.

Paul, is this OS one that is not supported or is it a software bug ?

Without searching thru the OS's what year is that, Thanks

GMPX
September 16th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Tony off the top of my head it was an LMM non truck OS, the option to convert was there but the actual OS was never actually completed.

Chuck CoW
September 17th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Its most likely a tune file that has a contradiction in its meta data. It is usually something like when the StreamID=0 and Stream=E86. EFILive V8 can and does correct small issues like that (V7 doesn't).
If you get a file that causes the issue, please send it to me before "fixing" it so I can figure out exactly what's causing it.

Regards
Paul

Hey Kory... it seems to be any .cax files you're got in the calibrations folder that interfere in the booting of the os youre working in.

In other words, you can not have a cax in the folder where there is a same named calz.... The 7.5 tune tool witll wipe out and not longer load files.

Suffered all day with it.

Chuck CoW

GMPX
September 18th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Sorry we missed that in testing, oddly enough we don't have .cax files on our computers, I'm surprised no other testers ran in to it before release.

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 18th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I store the .cax in the folder for calibration and not in the specific E86 folder.

Seems to work fine, I'll try it again on another PC to make sure.

Chuck CoW
September 18th, 2014, 04:01 AM
Having lots of .caxs, basically every tune file I tried...did not work.

Strange thing was that when 7.5 automatically loads the "last file you worked on" everything works

normally and cax and calz load perfectly. When opening the same file from the file menu, it would fail.

Twisted me up good for the whole day.... I tried everything Paul suggested with no luck until the e-mail

where he asked if I had "*.cax files for any of the OSs I was opening".

When I removed all the cax files, 7.5 worked perfectly. :Eyecrazy:

Chuck CoW

Dmaxink
September 18th, 2014, 04:06 AM
I'm having the same issues. Here is what i just sent to Paul if it helps anyone..

"I am now able to replicate the problem over and over. I do have cax files for 2015 I have been using for a long time as well.

Here is how I replicate the issue over and over.

-Open 7.5

-open lml tune file and it will say “Os no supported” or whatever

-close software

-reopen software and it will then open the file without a error automatically

So when 7.5 boots up and automatically opens its last file, It will open with no issue. The issue occurs when I try to “open” the tune within the software.

Hope this helps."

Also- my problem is not limited to files that ONLY have .cax...it happens on others as well.

Chuck CoW
September 18th, 2014, 04:49 AM
I'm having the same issues. Here is what i just sent to Paul if it helps anyone..

"I am now able to replicate the problem over and over. I do have cax files for 2015 I have been using for a long time as well.

Here is how I replicate the issue over and over.

-Open 7.5

-open lml tune file and it will say “Os no supported” or whatever

-close software

-reopen software and it will then open the file without a error automatically

So when 7.5 boots up and automatically opens its last file, It will open with no issue. The issue occurs when I try to “open” the tune within the software.

Hope this helps."

Also- my problem is not limited to files that ONLY have .cax...it happens on others as well.

Kory.... Yup, you got it.

Everything would be nice if I used the same "last opened" file for every job, but I only wish this business was that easy. ;)

There were some other weird things like if the cable was plugged in and drivers loaded, it would behave differently but no matter

what I tried, nothing worked except for moving all of the caxs out of the CALIBRATIONS folder.

Surprised there weren't more complaints about this.

It stopped my business right in it's tracks.:wallbash:

Chuck CoW

Dmaxink
September 18th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Yeah, the tunes i had to make mods on today outside of normal save i had to do the try to open, doesnt work, reopen software trick. A little time consuming, but i know paul will get us lined out!

Blacky
September 18th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I've posted updated V7.5 software to fix the *.cax file issue.
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24629-Update-Sep-12-2014

Regards
Paul

joecar
September 25th, 2014, 05:22 AM
V8 S&T -> Devices

Read settings from V2

the Save button is greyed out, so settings can't be saved to file.

Blacky
September 25th, 2014, 06:23 AM
V8 S&T -> Devices

Read settings from V2

the Save button is greyed out, so settings can't be saved to file.

Thanks Joe,
Paul

wait4me
September 26th, 2014, 03:43 AM
HMM I have a weird one. Go to lb7, lock the computer with a custom key, but choose let efilive pick for you, then it goes thru like normal. You reset the computer, then check and try to unlock the computer and it says that the ecm is locked with a custom key and will not unlock. It reports the seed as $11AA. Funny though, it wont unlock because the key doesn't match what it needs to be?? I can manually enter the correct key and it works fine... V8 wont read it out as well. Not sure if it is doing something wrong on the auto calculation for seed/key pair when you let efilive pick.

Also, if the serial number on a controller is all 00000000000 and when you flash it says that it is going to use a new number to fill the 00000000000 up, like EFI0328s943 ect.. However, the serial number does not get changed to a different value, it stays at 00000000000. However, the Vin can be changed no problem.

Back to the key thing, A customer sent me a locked computer/e60, And it too has a seed of $11AA Which made me think it is not a issue on my hardware end over here????