PDA

View Full Version : Update: Sep 12, 2014

Blacky
September 14th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
Both the V7.5 and V8 software was updated in this release, you must update both software packages.
Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.266_Setup.exe) (94 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.260_Setup.exe) (46 MB)

Release Notes:
Release Notes. (http://download.efilive.com/Documentation/Sep 2014 EFILive Release Notes.pdf)

Known Issues:
Check for known issues here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24628-Known-issues-with-Sep-12-2014-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware).

The V7.5 software link above was updated on Sep 19 2014 to fix the *.czx file problem described in Known issue #3.
The V7.5 software link above was updated again on Sep 20 2014 to fix additional *.czx file problems described in Known issue #3.
Please download and re-install the V7.5.7 (build 266) software if you have not already done so.

Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As new issues are verified they will be posted in the "known issues" thread above.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 266
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 260
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.66 (Sep 12, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

joecar
September 14th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks Paul.

Chavez91
September 14th, 2014, 07:35 PM
If I load a OS that has a cax file that loads with it. Then in the same session, click open, and try to load a different file (does no matter what it is or what OS) it will give me a "PCM unrecognized" message and not load any parameters.

Verified this on 2 PCs.

Thanks for the Update tho! ;)

Chavez91
September 14th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Also, the labels on table B0552 on the LML OS's. Fuel Pressure is with MM3 and Commanded Fuel is with PSI

comnrailpwr
September 14th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Is it just me or does the "release notes" link not work?

gmperformancecentre
September 14th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Is it just me or does the "release notes" link not work?

Its working for me

joecar
September 15th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Works for me.

comnrailpwr
September 15th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Humm, probably because im on my phone with taptalk.

Ninety8C5
September 15th, 2014, 02:21 AM
When I open the Scan & Tune Tool it says Build 259 not 260 as the first post states.

jay p
September 15th, 2014, 03:37 AM
I also get build 259 for Scan & Tune. The install file says 260, but 259 is installed.

mrmanners
September 15th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Thanks Paul, will let ya know if we find anything. I get the same thing at instlal, shows up at build 260 file name but about says build 259.

COSMOS
September 15th, 2014, 07:44 AM
If this is posted in the wrong thread let me know.

Can I upgrade my software from the attached picture using the links in this thread in one operation or does it have to be done incrementally?

OR

Can I continue to use my old EFI software and have my tuner as he has in the past send .tun files and convert with my old software and not bother upgrading the software?

GMPX
September 15th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Also, the labels on table B0552 on the LML OS's. Fuel Pressure is with MM3 and Commanded Fuel is with PSI
These builds were already done before that was changed.

Chavez91
September 15th, 2014, 12:11 PM
These builds were already done before that was changed.

ahh ok! Saw it wasn't changed, so I just thought I would throw in the friendly reminder. :]

jay p
September 15th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Is the LMM DSP5 scaling issue and the 2 missing tables (B2256 and B2257) going to be fixed in a future release?

Thanks

GMPX
September 15th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Yes but not this release.

cindy@efilive
September 15th, 2014, 02:25 PM

Can I upgrade my software from the attached picture using the links in this thread in one operation or does it have to be done incrementally?

OR

Can I continue to use my old EFI software and have my tuner as he has in the past send .tun files and convert with my old software and not bother upgrading the software?

You need to update. It's a simple process from your versions, just download the software and install.

You will need to update you firmware and bootblock within the V8 software once you update, but it's straight forward moving from the version your currently running.

Cheers
Cindy

Blacky
September 15th, 2014, 02:28 PM
When I open the Scan & Tune Tool it says Build 259 not 260 as the first post states.

It's a typo in the about/version info in the V8 files. Will be corrected in the final release.

Regards
Paul

COSMOS
September 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM

OR

You need to update. It's a simple process from your versions, just download the software and install.

You will need to update you firmware and bootblock within the V8 software once you update, but it's straight forward moving from the version your currently running.

Cheers
Cindy

Can I continue to use the old software yes or no?

Could you give the link for the firmware to verify I have the correct firmware build for the software. (firmware V2.07.64 (V@.07.64) Jul 2014, I assume it is this one?) The V7,V8 (in this link) update the software first then update firmware?

Is it possible to put the most current items in one place V7-V8- firmware-bootblock? I have been following these updates for quite some time and stumbled upon the firmware update or maybe just did not read all my subscribed threads carefully enough. I do have the March 12,2012 PDF instructions and will reference it again.

Thanks

Blacky
September 15th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Can I continue to use the old software yes or no?

Could you give the link for the firmware to verify I have the correct firmware build for the software. (firmware V2.07.64 (V@.07.64) Jul 2014, I assume it is this one?) The V7,V8 (in this link) update the software first then update firmware?

Is it possible to put the most current items in one place V7-V8- firmware-bootblock? I have been following these updates for quite some time and stumbled upon the firmware update or maybe just did not read all my subscribed threads carefully enough. I do have the March 12,2012 PDF instructions and will reference it again.

Thanks

All the updates are in one place; the first post of this thread.

You should download and install the V7.5 and V8 software packages from the first post of this thread. Once the V8 software is installed, run the V8 EFILive Scan and Tune program and click on the [Check Firmware] button to update your FlashScan and/or AutoCal devices with the latest firmware and configuration files.

The FlashScan and AutoCal boot block has not been updated in this release.

Regards
Paul

LBZoom
September 16th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Does this build have the beta version of the "anti tune" fix for the CMC? if so I have a customer that could benefit from that today, otherwise I'll have to ship him a smarty for now. Thanks

minytrker
September 16th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Speedometer segments in E38 trucks seem to have different values in them. When looking at the history of a tune I already done the values dont match whats shown. Both tunes in imperial speedometer settings.

cindy@efilive
September 16th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Does this build have the beta version of the "anti tune" fix for the CMC? if so I have a customer that could benefit from that today, otherwise I'll have to ship him a smarty for now. Thanks

No it doesn't. But send me an email, and let me know if your running this pre-release or July software and I can send you the files.

Email Cindy at EFILive dot com

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
September 16th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Speedometer segments in E38 trucks seem to have different values in them. When looking at the history of a tune I already done the values dont match whats shown. Both tunes in imperial speedometer settings.
Can you please give specific examples, E38 calibrations should not have changed.

Blacky
September 17th, 2014, 05:10 PM
A known issue with the V7.5 tune tool editor software has been confirmed. If you attempt to open a tune file that uses a *.cax (user defined calibration definition) then the editor will not load the EFILive defined or user defined calibrations correctly. Current workaround is to rename the *.cax file so that it does not get loaded. We are working on a fix and hope to issue an update in the next 24 hours.

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
September 18th, 2014, 12:33 PM
We are trying to figure out an issue with a $0502 code on an autocal using this update. We are trying to flash a E86B controller. And I tried resetting it up several times, but we keep getting the same error.

The only thing that I can think of is maybe it is missing a file in the install for it? Here is the file list that we currently have loaded on the autocal.

The only thing that stands out is that it is missing a E86B_F.obj?
I tried looking for the file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\EfiLive\V8\Config" but no E86B_F.obj. I resaved the file using the new updated v8 software. No avail.
I only included the E86A ecm because i thought maybe it would help. but no... Tried clearing config system and reprogramming the config files using V8, under BBX, F3: Tune, selecting the E86B controller and choosing "Program selections and configuration files (slower)" Nope.... Get the same list as above and the $0502.

Ill include a copy of the options.txt

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 18th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Got to the V8 Scan Tune program, BBX - F5 then the "Tune" tab use the green "+" and add the E86B controller by right clicking add controller

Chavez91
September 18th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Still a no go. Here is how that screen is setup.

I deleted it then re added it, and hit the "Program Selections and configuration files (slower)"

Same error :wallbash:

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 18th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Format the File System then reprogram it

Chavez91
September 18th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Formatted Data & Config systems using EFILive explorer. Copied over all the tunes 1 CTZ file for the full flash and 4 COZ. All were re-saved using 8.2.2.260. Choosing the " Save, For AutoCal" option under the Save Button.

Then created a fresh options.txt. Set it up like so.

These are the files that were copied over.

Still $0502.....

BootBlock is 2.07.07 Feb 07, 2014

Firmware is 2.07.66 Sep 12, 2014

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 18th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Kory would be the one to ask, he does tons of 2015's.............hit him up

joecar
September 18th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Show a screenshot of the Scan tab.

Blacky
September 18th, 2014, 01:24 PM
We are trying to figure out an issue with a $0502 code on an autocal using this update. We are trying to flash a E86B controller.

There is no full-flash option available for the E86B yet (I'm not sure if there will be a full flash available, I'll get Ross to chime in). You can only cal-flash the E86B controllers. The script file for cal-flashing is E86B_W.obj.

Regards
Paul

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 18th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Ross has not messed with it as he does not have a 2015 LML ECM, but I have a 2015 LML ECM on my desk............want to borrow it for FULL FLASH Development ????

Chavez91
September 18th, 2014, 01:38 PM
There is no full-flash option available for the E86B yet (I'm not sure if there will be a full flash available, I'll get Ross to chime in). You can only cal-flash the E86B controllers. The script file for cal-flashing is E86B_W.obj.

Regards
Paul

Ahhhh!!! That explains a TON! hahahaha now i feel stupid! :bangin:

But now I know. lol

GMPX
September 18th, 2014, 01:40 PM
There has been no urgency to get the E86B Full Flash option done because there is still only one OS for them and the OS is RSA protected so you can't make any changes/patches anyway (hence no DSP5, ever!)
Plus Tony is correct, we can't get an E86B ECM to develop the Full Flashing for as they are still on restricted order from GM AFAIK.
Something people often ask is can the E86A and E86B OS's be interchanged, the answer is no because they don't have the same CPU/Flash sizes.

cindy@efilive
September 18th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Rather than reprogram Options.txt, Config files and then move your 5 tune files you should utilize the Quick Setup. The Quick Setup will allow you to set the remote license on all 5 tunes WITHOUT opening the tune files, and other security levels (if selected) auto-adjust, so in your case if you attempted to select FULL FLASH for an E86B, the software would automatically adjust your compatibility to CAL-ONLY.

Cheers
Cindy

garrettg.bpd
September 18th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Has anyone had problems coping and pasting maps in the tune tool with Internet Explore open.

garrettg.bpd
September 18th, 2014, 02:29 PM
It appears that only paste is not working when Internet Explore is running and minimized

Chavez91
September 18th, 2014, 03:10 PM
the OS is RSA protected so you can't make any changes/patches anyway (hence no DSP5, ever!)

Is the TC1796 RSA protected also? Just outta curiosity and clarification.

Chavez91
September 18th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Rather than reprogram Options.txt, Config files and then move your 5 tune files you should utilize the Quick Setup. The Quick Setup will allow you to set the remote license on all 5 tunes WITHOUT opening the tune files, and other security levels (if selected) auto-adjust, so in your case if you attempted to select FULL FLASH for an E86B, the software would automatically adjust your compatibility to CAL-ONLY.

Cheers
Cindy

I knew about the Quick Setup. Just haven't sat down and played around with it yet. Will do that later tonight. We got the truck flashed successfully tho :)

GMPX
September 18th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Is the TC1796 RSA protected also? Just outta curiosity and clarification.
All Bosch TriCore based ECM's are, all of them and the level of protection gets worse with each new ECM :crash:

Chuck CoW
September 18th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Paul.. Back to the drawing board.. The new update does not fix the problem with the cax.... It's made it worse.

sending E-mail now.....

Kory... Please test your tunes with .cax cause I every file I open blocks my .caxs and then say the tune file is a "bad tune file format"

What's happening on your end?

Chuck CoW

GMPX
September 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Chuck, have you sent all the files you are using to Paul to see if he can duplicate it?

Chavez91
September 18th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Paul.. Back to the drawing board.. The new update does not fix the problem with the cax.... It's made it worse.

sending E-mail now.....

Kory... Please test your tunes with .cax cause I every file I open blocks my .caxs and then say the tune file is a "bad tune file format"

What's happening on your end?

Chuck CoW

Getting the same exact thing.... If I open a file with the CAX active i get this...

Rename CAX to something else and file opens just fine.

What files do you want emailed to you and where to email them?

Chavez91
September 18th, 2014, 08:06 PM
It appears that only paste is not working when Internet Explore is running and minimized

Just tried this... and copy paste is working fine for me with IE running and minimized. Im on Win7 and using a LLY Dmax File.

BlackCPG
September 19th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Still having the issue with .cax file on Build 265.

The address defined in the cax is not $FFFFFFFF

It will not load either the cax or the calz calibrations. It shows unrecognized PCM and saves the file as BadTuneFileFormat.tun

Brayden
September 19th, 2014, 03:28 AM
I no longer have the ability to open any .bin files in v7.5 tuning tool. Can that be remedied asap please? :-(

Brayden
September 19th, 2014, 03:29 AM
Also gives an Integer overflow error in V8 Tune tool upon loading a .bin

ATPCummins
September 19th, 2014, 06:00 AM
I do like the newer version of the quick setup. Can an additional option be added to security description defaults (or somewhere similar)? I would like to see this option: Private, Full Flash, Set Device License to Flashscan Serial, and Link to Remote Autocal. This would allow all options to be set at once. I would also like to be able to lock the tunes without having to save the quick setup as a new file so that I can just program the quick setup into an autocal. I don't need the saved file. Hopefully this makes sense. Maybe I am missing a something, IDK...

Brayden
September 19th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Update... it's not the .bin file itself. It is the .cax as others have noted.

Chuck CoW
September 19th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Getting the same exact thing.... If I open a file with the CAX active i get this...

Rename CAX to something else and file opens just fine.

What files do you want emailed to you and where to email them?

Exactly!

You have confirmed that I'm not completely NUTS!:drool:

Thanks
Chuck CoW

Chuck CoW
September 19th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I have not RE-SENT them but he already has the file I sent him when I discovered the problem in the first place.

You know me.... Updating EFI LIVE has always been a last resort for me and I always run several versions behind.

The only reason I updated is because I was on the dyno and from one minute to the next my V2 just simply stopped

communicating with the vehicle I was working on and after 2 hours of unsuccessful reboots and driver follies, I reached out

to Paul for help.

He suggested the latest software which did absolutely repair the connectivity issue (no idea what the problem actually was)

but left me unable to open or edit tune files.

I've been working (suffering) with this for 2 days now, but I know absolutely for sure that something is bobbled up in the sequence of

events just after he loads the file to memory, loads the calz, cax, and builds the navigator.

I do know for sure it has nothing to do with the file I'm using.

Chuck CoW

cindy@efilive
September 19th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I do like the newer version of the quick setup. Can an additional option be added to security description defaults (or somewhere similar)? I would like to see this option: Private, Full Flash, Set Device License to Flashscan Serial, and Link to Remote Autocal. This would allow all options to be set at once. I would also like to be able to lock the tunes without having to save the quick setup as a new file so that I can just program the quick setup into an autocal. I don't need the saved file. Hopefully this makes sense. Maybe I am missing a something, IDK...

You don't need to save prior to programming a quick setup, however the Save process DOES update the lock icon displayed next to each tune. You 'should' create a base Quick Setup and open that as a minimum each time you use the Quick Setup to set your [F2: Scan] and [F3: Tune] controllers, otherwise they will default to the last loaded Options.text file used, each time you enter the Quick setup menu.

The security setting defaults are broken down into 'like processes', and technically the Device license and AutoCal remote license are not security settings. The remote license is an 'enabler', it does nothing more than gives permission for an AutoCal device to flash tunes from a particular FlashScan, while the device license restricts other FlashScan's from using those tunes. It doesn't need to be a 3 step process like you describe though, it can be cut to a 2 step process.

Should the tune be created with no restrictions, you can add it to the Quick Setup (you'll notice all license fields are blank and the tune icon is unlocked), then click on Link to Remote AutoCal and it will set the Device license, AutoCal and Master license in one pass. A locked tune file, or having some parameters set in the [F4;Properties] tab in the tune file will change how the security is managed.

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
September 19th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I have not RE-SENT them but he already has the file I sent him when I discovered the problem in the first place.
'The File' as in the .ctz file or the .cax file? Paul will need both if you have not already sent both.

Chavez91
September 19th, 2014, 11:02 AM
'The File' as in the .ctz file or the .cax file? Paul will need both if you have not already sent both.
I can send my ctz, badtunefile.tun, and the cax. Does Paul have a direct address? Or just send it to the general support email?

Blacky
September 19th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Just to confirm there is still a problem with processing *.cax files. The problem has been identified and is being fixed. An update (V7.5.7 build 266) will be posted in the next few hours.
Regards
Paul

Chuck CoW
September 19th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Just to confirm there is still a problem with processing *.cax files. The problem has been identified and is being fixed. An update (V7.5.7 build 266) will be posted in the next few hours.
Regards
Paul

SUPER PAUL!

Problem SOLVED! Thanks for the fix. I tested every os/cax combo I regularly use and now its back to normal.

Thank you.
Chuck CoW

Highlander
September 19th, 2014, 02:35 PM
LOL... i always dismissed this when it happened and closed/open.......

BlackCPG
September 19th, 2014, 04:02 PM
When loading a .cax file in build 266 :

If a 3D table is defined, and the X axis is defined by another calibration but the Y axis is a fixed value, it will show an error that the address is outside the controllers boundaries.

If both the X an Y axis are defined by another calibration or are a fixed value that calibration will load fine.

Other than this, the update seems to be working OK.

Chavez91
September 20th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all the hard work on a Saturday Paul! Things are working good over here so far! :jump:

ATPCummins
September 22nd, 2014, 01:51 AM
Should the tune be created with no restrictions, you can add it to the Quick Setup (you'll notice all license fields are blank and the tune icon is unlocked), then click on Link to Remote AutoCal and it will set the Device license, AutoCal and Master license in one pass. A locked tune file, or having some parameters set in the [F4;Properties] tab in the tune file will change how the security is managed.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you for some calcification, Cindy. When I select "link to remote autocal" it only sets the autocal license. That selection does not also select the device and master license as described.

Blacky
September 22nd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Thank you for some calcification, Cindy. When I select "link to remote autocal" it only sets the autocal license. That selection does not also select the device and master license as described.

Regards
Paul

ATPCummins
September 22nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
Thank you, Paul.

cindy@efilive
September 23rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Thank you, Paul.

Sorry I forgot about that setting, even more embarrassing is it's caught me out too many times than I care to admit. The good news is, it's featured in the next newsletter!

Cheers
Cindy

ATPCummins
September 24th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Sorry I forgot about that setting, even more embarrassing is it's caught me out too many times than I care to admit. The good news is, it's featured in the next newsletter!

Cheers
Cindy

It happens! After using the new quick setup process for a while now I really like it.

Blacky
September 28th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Update posted here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24680-Update-Sep-29-2014

Regards
Paul