PDA

View Full Version : ID1000 are running rich at idle

Brad Kimbler
September 18th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I have a ls2/4l60e with a PT88mm turbo on my 1988 dodge Ram...I bought the ID1000 injectors that came with all the data and downloaded a custom OS into my 2001 Camaro computer along with a CAX file that allows changes to the minimum injector pulsewidth..I think its B9021? Either way Im nice an lean at cruising speeds but at idle it falls into the 10:1 A/Fs .. I logged an injector pul;sewidth of 2.7 so I know that's the issue, computer isn't allowing a 1.6 or lower for some reason. I have no O2 sensors, no MAF, all speed density...is there anything I'm missing? should I tweek the ID1000 data any? I can post tuning files as needed but curious if anyone else has this issue

I also have a turbo 2002 Camaro that had this same issue until I downloaded the Cax. file for B9021...Camaro is fixed but the truck still has this issue...I read on here that I could take that 2002 cax. file and rename it for the 2001 OS, is this a problem?

swingtan
September 19th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Are the two tunes to same OS? It's possible that the CAX file is not compatible for both tunes.

Simon.

Lextech
September 20th, 2014, 05:38 AM
The hex location is different from 01-02 for that particular parameter. First off---if you made a change to B9021 with the wrong .cax file/hex location----Change that value back to what it was originally and flash it into your PCM or you may corrupt the tune. Then rename the 2002 .cax file for the B9021 to your OS number. Then change the Hex location in the new file to B630. That should get you working.

Jeff

Brad Kimbler
October 6th, 2014, 08:57 AM
The hex location is different from 01-02 for that particular parameter. First off---if you made a change to B9021 with the wrong .cax file/hex location----Change that value back to what it was originally and flash it into your PCM or you may corrupt the tune. Then rename the 2002 .cax file for the B9021 to your OS number. Then change the Hex location in the new file to B630. That should get you working.

Jeff

Thank you for your reply , I did rename the cax. for the 01 OS but how do I go about changing HEX location?

Lextech
October 6th, 2014, 10:07 AM
How do I go about changing HEX location?

Open that .cax file and look down the left side. You will see and entry for "Address". Then right below that you will see "ADDR =", to the right of that you will see the actual address for that parameter. Change it to B630. Then close the .cax file. If you have a tune open you will need to close the tune and reopen it for the .cax to be usable for the first time.

Jeff

Brad Kimbler
November 9th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Open that .cax file and look down the left side. You will see and entry for "Address". Then right below that you will see "ADDR =", to the right of that you will see the actual address for that parameter. Change it to B630. Then close the .cax file. If you have a tune open you will need to close the tune and reopen it for the .cax to be usable for the first time.

Jeff

My computer won't allow me to open the cax file to change the hex. address, can I use this cax. file from post #8? Its suppose to be for the 1250003 os

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17699-need-B9021-for-01250003

Lextech
November 10th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Can I use this cax. file from post #8? It's supposed to be for the 1250003 OS

Yes. That is the one you need.

Jeff