PDA

View Full Version : VS V6 xml file

limited cv8r
September 20th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Why is the VS V6 xml file so basic in parameters compared to all the other holden xml's??

GMPX
September 20th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I must confess I remember about 1% of the old ALDL stuff, so I don't know, but TBH, V4 is what it is, it is free now isn't it?

T2000
September 20th, 2014, 10:12 PM
I love efilive. But V4 / aldl stuff hasnt had any love around here for a loooong time.
I use TunerPro software and Moates Hardware for everything pre LS1... it is still in active development with an active online community. The definitions are extensive for almost any delco pcm you can name... jump to http://pcmhacking.net/ if you want a viable alternative to efilive v4

goodluck

limited cv8r
September 21st, 2014, 02:54 AM
Yeah,I know about tunerpro and pcmhacking,and no,V4 is still US $199,you may think V4 is what it is,but just that little bit more in the VS xml would be nice.

GMPX
September 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM
Sorry I didn't realise that, V4 is Paul's little baby.

Blacky
September 21st, 2014, 12:26 PM
We are looking at making V4 a free product once ALDL support is implemented in the EFILive V8 (FlashScan/AutoCal) package.

Regards
Paul

kangsta
September 21st, 2014, 02:07 PM
V4 is still a very good package for ALDL logging, the charts aren't like what we are used to with v7 but when it was released it was certainly the best around and still is in terms of ALDL software, I wish I had the ability to plot on different scales and zoom but I'm sure that will all be addressed in V8..

The definitions on the TunerPro stuff is only very recent addition. 3 years ago the definitions for logging were pretty sparse. You can look at the items defined in TunerPro and add them to V4 if you want. It's not too difficult

Blacky
September 21st, 2014, 10:10 PM
Why is the VS V6 xml file so basic in parameters compared to all the other holden xml's??

Just wondering what other Holden definitions you're comparing the VS V6 one to? Most of them have very similar content to the VS V6, except the gmh-vr68vs8.xml which is more extensive (has more bidirectional controls) because that's the vehicle that we did most of the development work on (i.e. reverse engineering) for the ALDL data stream.

Regards
Paul

limited cv8r
September 21st, 2014, 10:23 PM
Hit the nail on the head, it's more the bidirectional stuff that would be nice. Had car on dyno,would of been so nice to have been able to lock trans in gear.

Blacky
September 21st, 2014, 10:39 PM
I have no idea if the VS V8 bidi controls would work on a VS V6 but its worth a try.
Regards
Paul

GMPX
September 22nd, 2014, 09:56 AM
because that's the vehicle that we did most of the development work on (i.e. reverse engineering) for the ALDL data stream.
The old green machine, sadly Paul I think my Cruze is faster than that was, sure sounded nice though.
How times change, back then I had the old VS 5.0L, VT-II LS1 and the 5.7L Trans Am, three V8's to feed but then petrol wasn't a $1.50 per litre either.

joecar
September 22nd, 2014, 10:25 AM
Hey Ross, what year Trans Am did you have...? Did you have to get the steering wheel moved the the RHS (there in Victoria)...?

GMPX
September 22nd, 2014, 10:54 AM
It was an older one, 84 model with a 5.7L in place of the 5.0L, and yes it was converted to RHD (with various issues because of that).
Current laws are any LHD car can be fully registered LHD as long as it is 30 years or older, back in the 90's when I had the T/A that wasn't the case.
So I'll be able to get a CTS-V on the road here in something like 2044 :ermm:, actually there is hope for us down here, there is talk that GM will bring the Cadillac brand to Australia which is good news because there will be NO GM V8's sold here once Holden stop making cars in 2017.

In fact I just got back from my time machine, I took this photo of the local Holden dealership at the launch of the all new imported range of 4 cylinder Holden's.....

http://lbarnstockimages.com/wp-content/uploads/symbiostock_rf_content/2340-large-parking-lot.jpg

kangsta
September 22nd, 2014, 04:37 PM
I have no idea if the VS V8 bidi controls would work on a VS V6 but its worth a try.
Regards
Paul

From memory it is the same but the PCM ID is $F5 on VS V6 not $F4

kangsta
September 24th, 2014, 08:32 PM
We are looking at making V4 a free product once ALDL support is implemented in the EFILive V8 (FlashScan/AutoCal) package.

Regards
Paul

ALDL in V8 would surpass sliced bread..... :D

GMPX
September 25th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I better keep my mouth shut at our next meeting then :ermm:

kangsta
September 25th, 2014, 11:45 AM
haha, in the words of Six60* "dont forget your roots baby" :wavetowel2:

* for international readers, Six60 is a kiwi band :devil_2: