PDA

View Full Version : help with t43 tune! added supercharger and cam.

September 22nd, 2014, 03:30 PM
Hello, I recently added more power to my ls2 by way of cam/supercharger. The trans tune was not updated to compliment this change. The engine tune is fine and was done by a reputable shop however the trans was left due to a miscommunication between me and the tuner. I told him I liked the trans tune so he left it, I liked the trans tune before but it isn't working with the extra power. 550 whp up from 360. I have the original trans tune from an autocal dealer and am awaiting his response to get me fixed up....however he is very slow to get back to customers. Does anyone have suggestions on another tuner or access to a good supercharger file for a 6l80 2006 corvette that I can load into an autocal? Is this possible to even do or do I need to stick with the original vendor and wait....winter is coming. Any info would be appreciated! Thank you.

minytrker
September 23rd, 2014, 01:58 AM
Your autocal is married to your tuners V2. It can be unmarried but then you also lose any of those tunes.

September 23rd, 2014, 11:40 AM
That's what I thought. Thanks for the reply.

Tre-Cool
September 28th, 2014, 01:25 AM
tuning the auto will make next to no difference if the relevant tables in the ecu haven't been modified if your running bigger injectors.

the auto will be getting incorrect torque values and will not live for very long if you do a lot of wot or race it.

September 28th, 2014, 03:06 AM
tuning the auto will make next to no difference if the relevant tables in the ecu haven't been modified if your running bigger injectors.

the auto will be getting incorrect torque values and will not live for very long if you do a lot of wot or race it.

Thanks for the reply, I am learning that the whole package has to work together. I took it for a 3 hour drive to a reputable tuner yesterday. Should have it back in a week.
I love that A6 when it is working well, wish it was a simpler unit to tune!