PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 5.3L ON3 turbo, my first turbo tune, any help

400ss
September 24th, 2014, 01:32 PM
im working on a XJ cherokee, with a 5.3L/4L60 .. this is my first turbo tune so any help will be great, its my own truck

-Engine is completely stock
-Transmission is a 4L60E i got it from monster transmission
-turbo is a On3 76mm turbo
-3Bar map sensor ( im runing this one because i already have it and maybe will add more boost later)

Fuel system:
-Stock return type fuel rails
-Ford lightning green injectors
-Walbro 255 intank fuel pump

PLANING TO RUN 8-10 PSI of boost

As this car will be used as offroad, i want it to keep it simpler so i want to run it in custom OS Speed density, in Open Loop, ( No o2s sensors)

Im working on a 2003 truck tune as a BASE..

changued the C6301 to 283.5 , Key on engine off shows 101, it has to show that right?

The other question is about the injectors; i look for the flow rates, on a ford forum they say they are: the lime-green ford lightning(ford motorsport) SVT M112 are 440cc@3.0bar , using this info and the injectors.xls, it shows me : 6.2987 , is that a correct flow rate for this injectors?

400ss
September 24th, 2014, 05:34 PM
i found that the injectors flow rate at 58 PSI is: 6.1108
MY MAP looks to be measuring right

does my starting base tune looks sane??
ill be using LM1 wideband, will work on both VE tables. i will start playing with timing then.. does this looks ok? or im totally lost?

400ss
September 25th, 2014, 12:26 PM
started the truck, it looks to be working right, idles normal, i changued the values on B3647 and B3649, think im going to control fuel with Power Enrichment..

joecar
September 25th, 2014, 07:44 PM
i found that the injectors flow rate at 58 PSI is: 6.1108
MY MAP looks to be measuring right

does my starting base tune looks sane??
ill be using LM1 wideband, will work on both VE tables. i will start playing with timing then.. does this looks ok? or im totally lost?I calculated 6.1 g/s to 6.2 g/s (depending on the density of gasoline).

I'll take a closer look at your file (I've been swamped in the last couple of weeks and I'm slowly catching up).

400ss
September 26th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I calculated 6.1 g/s to 6.2 g/s (depending on the density of gasoline).

I'll take a closer look at your file (I've been swamped in the last couple of weeks and I'm slowly catching up).

THank you very much, really..

I used 6.1094, started the truck and it idles nice and revs ok too.. next step i will install the cold side piping to start tuning VE tables.
want to push 10psi but will see if the fuel pump provides enough fuel