PDA

View Full Version : COS help

catman3126
September 28th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I need some help find where we download or upgrade to the COS from he current factory OS, I'm familiar with diesel in where we goto the "upgrade OS" at the top of the calibration screen and it is easy from there. I have read through the PDF tutorial on the EFI Live site and it says to download it from the list above in the PDF which I know can't be done from that exact list in the PDF but I can see the number. where do I find the list of COS's to download from? I'm sure it is something simple i'm missing.

gmperformancecentre
September 28th, 2014, 12:30 PM
the COS Files can be found in the efilive v7.5 folder under the bins folder.There is a custom os folder inside the bins folder.Make sure you use the right custom os to suit the factory os

catman3126
September 28th, 2014, 12:37 PM
well that's what I thought and when I goto V7.5 there is no bins and when I open LS1B and it shows "custom" theres nothing in there.

catman3126
September 28th, 2014, 12:39 PM
well that's what I thought and when I goto V7.5 there is no bins and when I open LS1B and it shows "custom" theres nothing in there.

LOL just found it. I knew I had seen it somewhere. thanks.

E.A.
October 5th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I have both V8 and V7.5, and I am trying to put a 3bar OS onto a car I am doing. However, when I go to the COS folder, its blank as well. (Well technically the files are there, just labled *.calz however have no way of opening that.) Am I totally missing the ball on this or something? Maybe I am just up to late.

darcy
October 5th, 2014, 02:00 PM
(Well technically the files are there, just labled *.calz however have no way of opening that.) Am I totally missing the ball on this or something?

You're looking in the wrong folder.

COS Bins are in: \Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS

E.A.
October 5th, 2014, 02:08 PM
You're looking in the wrong folder.

COS Bins are in: \Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS

Told ya it was a lack of sleep. :) Thanks!