PDA

View Full Version : Auto cal errors

September 29th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I have a 2007.5 with the cummins and apparently the dealer reflashed the ECM and I can't flash the vehicle using my autocal, I tried and it had an error at 100%, Now the truck will not start. I tried the efi live scan and tune software and I can't seem to patch the ecm software it keeps giving me 0536 error. I have to get this truck running this week for a trip.

cindy@efilive
September 29th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I have a 2007.5 with the cummins and apparently the dealer reflashed the ECM and I can't flash the vehicle using my autocal, I tried and it had an error at 100%, Now the truck will not start. I tried the efi live scan and tune software and I can't seem to patch the ecm software it keeps giving me 0536 error. I have to get this truck running this week for a trip.

Generally speaking the dealer cannot update to the 601 bootloader restricted file. I guess there is always a first time, but we've only ever seen this when an ECM has been replaced.

The 601 bootloader update patch is available directly from EFILive. It is not publicly available for download for our customers, however we do make it available on a case by case basis.

From the error code list contained under the HELP -> Documents menu within your V8 software, the code you have $0536 indicates that the file you are attempting to flash is not 'registered' for your AutoCal. Your tuner MUST assign any tune he/she sends you to be linked from their FlashScan V2 to your AutoCal. You cannot run tunes from any other tuner, and cannot flash any tune that is not assigned to your device.

There are a couple of things that can be done, all involve your Tuner.
1. Contact your Tuner and request that they assign the tune you are having issues with to your AutoCal.
2. If you require the 601 bootloader patch, have your Tuner email me and I will provide them with the patch files for them to 'register/link' to their FlashScan and forward to you for use on your AutoCal. NOTE: To have access to this function, both you and your Tuner will need to be running September 12 pre-release (now replaced by September 29 software). It is imperative that both of you are running the same software.
3. For future reference, your Tuner is the point of contact for support on your AutoCal device. Support is provided by Tuners rather than EFILive because AutoCal setups can be unique between tuners, so generic support is limited.

Cheers
Cindy

September 30th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Thank you Cindy for the quick reply, i spoke with the tuner this morning and they are sending me a new file.I appreciate your help.