PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP how to get my factory setting

jpdrake007
October 2nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
I just purchased a 2007 dodge 6.7 w/ auto trans. the truck came with efi live autocal ... but the previous owner did not save the factory settings .. can some one please direct me or tell me how to get the factory settings or tell me what I need to do ...

jpdrake007
October 2nd, 2014, 02:17 PM
I just purchased a 2007 dodge 6.7 w/ auto trans. the truck came with efi live autocal ... but the previous owner did not save the STOCK TUNE .. can some one please direct me or tell me how to get the stock tune or tell me what I need to do ...

gmperformancecentre
October 2nd, 2014, 02:35 PM
Will this help.

jpdrake007
October 2nd, 2014, 02:49 PM
im not sure but I will take a look... thank you

cindy@efilive
October 2nd, 2014, 07:03 PM
Your first port of call should be to read through the EFILive AutoCal for End Users document which can be located here http://content.efilive.com/documents/EFILive%20AutoCal%20Info%20For%20End%20Users.pdf.

After our discussion earlier today, I suggest you look at the section on Using EFILive Explorer. With your AutoCal connected to your PC, you will be able to navigate and see the tunes you have on your device, and any files that were read from your vehicle using the Data tab and the Read menu structure item. NOTE: This menu selection will show you files read from the vehicle. There is no way to confirm that the file read from the vehicle was actually a stock file to begin with.

If the previous owner of the didn't save the stock file, or you cannot confirm any file on your device is stock then you have a couple of options. A dealer reflash will restore your vehicle to stock. The Tuner who provided the tuning services for your AutoCal may also be able to generate a stock file suitable for your truck.

The file listed in post 2 may be suitable, however given you are using AutoCal, this file will not be usable for your vehicle unless your Tuner links it to their FlashScan device first.

AutoCal allows a single tuner to provide tunes to their customers. As such, each and every tune that is used for a specific AutoCal needs to be 'linked' to that Tuner's FlashScan. Tunes that do not contain the Tuner's specific 'markers' cannot be flashed.

Cheers
Cindy