PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with Oct 28, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Blacky
October 4th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Oct 5, 2014 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.269, V8.2.2.263 software and the V2.07.71 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
DSP5 upgrade is not available for LBZ/LMM controllers with operating system 12620015.
Workaround:
None.

Issue 3:
[Close] button in the [F8: Tools] window displays incorrectly when the option View->Small Buttons is selected.
Workaround:
None. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 4:
FPE (Fleece Performance Engineering) external PIDs do not log correctly if more than one FPE set of external PIDs is selected.
Workaround:
Only select one set of FPE PIDs to be logged in a single black box logging session.
Do not attempt to transmit serial data to FlashScan that does not match the single selected FPE PID set.
Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 5:
Cummins EDA (Enhanced Data Acquisition) black box logging returns incorrect results for PIDs if the display order of the PIDs is modified from the default EDA order in the [F5: BBX] window.
Workaround:
Do not modify the order of the selected EDA PIDs in the [F5: BBX] window.
Select ALL the PIDs in the EDA group and don't add or delete any PIDs.
Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 6:
E86B full flashing will not complete. ECM can only be recovered using TIS.
Workaround:
None. DO NOT USE FULL FLASH OPTION.

joecar
October 6th, 2014, 06:34 PM
V8 -> Tools -> Convert

the Close button is displayed in a truncated manner:

Blacky
October 7th, 2014, 06:46 AM
V8 -> Tools -> Convert

the Close button is displayed in a truncated manner:

Thanks Joe,
Looks like I never tested that window when the View->Small Buttons options was selected.
Regards
Paul

wait4me
October 20th, 2014, 01:59 AM
If you Read out a calibration for ls1B in V8, and then click the EDIT tab and go to v7.5 it will not open the tune you just read out. Then going back to V8 will not let you see any of the details you just read out. The save as button is greyed out, and you have to re read the tune out.

Exact instructions:
1 open v8
2 click read
3 select ls1b and read ecm,
4 "Don't save file first" click edit tab, open in v7.5
5 try to get back to the tune you just read out will be impossible. V7.5 opens the latest tune you had, not the one you just read out.

wait4me
October 20th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Not really an issue but more of space, when you are done executing a read or write of a diesel lm7 or ls1 ecm, it shows this, 4:37:47.428: Disconnecting ...

14:37:47.820: CAN-VPW Bridge Deactivated

14:37:47.823: Disconnected

14:37:48.047: Loading generic configuration file: sae_generic.txt

14:37:48.048: User defined calculated PIDs file: calc_pids.txt

14:37:48.049: Enhanced configuration file: gm_enhanced.prn

14:37:56.056: Done!

Not sure why it would need to load those in as they are scan tool stuff right?

Blacky
October 20th, 2014, 08:31 AM
If you Read out a calibration for ls1B in V8, and then click the EDIT tab and go to v7.5 it will not open the tune you just read out. Then going back to V8 will not let you see any of the details you just read out. The save as button is greyed out, and you have to re read the tune out.

Exact instructions:
1 open v8
2 click read
3 select ls1b and read ecm,
4 "Don't save file first" click edit tab, open in v7.5
5 try to get back to the tune you just read out will be impossible. V7.5 opens the latest tune you had, not the one you just read out.

Thanks Jesse, I'll need to change the V8 software to ensure the file is saved before attempting to edit it using the [Edit with EFILive V7] button.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
October 20th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Not really an issue but more of space, when you are done executing a read or write of a diesel lm7 or ls1 ecm, it shows this, 4:37:47.428: Disconnecting ...

14:37:47.820: CAN-VPW Bridge Deactivated

14:37:47.823: Disconnected

14:37:48.047: Loading generic configuration file: sae_generic.txt

14:37:48.048: User defined calculated PIDs file: calc_pids.txt

14:37:48.049: Enhanced configuration file: gm_enhanced.prn

14:37:56.056: Done!

Not sure why it would need to load those in as they are scan tool stuff right?

The tune tool software uses some info in those config files. Some of the data in those files is operating system specific. Re-loading the config files is required whenever the operating system of the currently loaded file changes. However, rather than compare the currently loaded file's operating system with the newly read file's operating system to determine if the files need re-loading, the V7 software simply reloads all the config files after a read or a flash.

Regards
Paul

wait4me
October 24th, 2014, 05:17 AM
If the scan tool looses communication it no longer pops up a window stating that it is retrying to connect like it used to. Steps to see this,

Plug in cable to obd and key on, connect to engine via green button,
Then hit record button.
Then unplug the obd2 cable with it still recording.

It no longer complains of missing communication and keeps recording even though it isn't talking anymore.

LS1B, E67, E92

comnrailpwr
November 18th, 2014, 11:16 PM
No timing calc in cmc csp5.

Calibratedpower
November 19th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Is there anyway to raise or get rid of the 5 tune limit when setting up a quick setup black box flash file? We send out more than five tunes for the LML's and this would be a huge time saver.

Cheers

Scott

2007 5.9
November 19th, 2014, 08:15 AM
No timing calc in cmc csp5.

It's under the air density adjust table 1 and not the base table as the 5.9 is,

GMPX
November 19th, 2014, 08:33 AM
We probably overlooked this function, from memory Paul has to assign a table number to have the calculator show up, we'll look in to it.

mpdtune
November 20th, 2014, 04:30 AM
It looks like the air density adjust table 1 and the main timing base table are switched for the 6.7.

comnrailpwr
December 5th, 2014, 07:34 AM
LBZ controler COS for duramax shouldn't the table description read:
When running the DSP #1 tune, this table converts the accelerator pedal position and engine RPM into a desired torque value which is then used by {A9116} "Torque Based Fuel" to find the desired fuel amount for the main injection pulse.
I don't have a truck to test right now but shouldn't it also be referencing this table. again it may be and just the description is wrong I don't know. Itis like this in all DSP settings. this may be corrected on the new pre release, which I don't have on this laptop.

Charlie h
December 5th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Not sure where to look? New to this but can someone lead me in the right direction? I have a year old EFI Live that has been set at towing for a year. Now I try to set at street and it shows a $0549 error??

Blacky
December 5th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Not sure where to look? New to this but can someone lead me in the right direction? I have a year old EFI Live that has been set at towing for a year. Now I try to set at street and it shows a $0549 error??

Have you looked up that error code?
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->EFILive Error Codes

$0549 Ignition is switched off. Ignition switch must be in the on position. Switch on the ignition and retry the operation.

Regards
Paul

30 RUM
December 7th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Has anyone had any problems with BBX Logging on a 06-07 5.9 Cummins? I have updated firmware, and config files. BBX programing works, but after choosing the controller for logging it stalls on the display data screen. I'm able to pass through log with no problems, this was also tried on two different truck. I have had no problems with this in the past.

Thanks

Sam

cindy@efilive
December 7th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Has anyone had any problems with BBX Logging on a 06-07 5.9 Cummins? I have updated firmware, and config files. BBX programing works, but after choosing the controller for logging it stalls on the display data screen. I'm able to pass through log with no problems, this was also tried on two different truck. I have had no problems with this in the past.

Thanks

Sam
Is the truck currently running a CSP operating system? BBL for Cummins is only supported where the vehicle is running a CSP OS.

Cheers
Cindy

30 RUM
December 7th, 2014, 03:37 PM
It is a CSP5 file, I love when the light of insight turns on:bangin:. I was just getting ready for bed and it hit me, "I bet I need to reselect all of the EDA Pids", well sure enough that was it. BTW is there any chance you guys could add Engine Load to the EDA Suite, since Cummins fuels depending on work load.

Thanks Again

cindy@efilive
December 7th, 2014, 03:56 PM
It is a CSP5 file, I love when the light of insight turns on:bangin:. I was just getting ready for bed and it hit me, "I bet I need to reselect all of the EDA Pids", well sure enough that was it. BTW is there any chance you guys could add Engine Load to the EDA Suite, since Cummins fuels depending on work load.

Thanks Again

There will be no further change to EDA streams for either 06-07 5.9L or 07-09 6.7L Cummins vehicles. I'm pretty sure that parameter exists for 6.7L EDA though...

Cheers
Cindy

rcr1978
December 15th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Issue 6:
E86B full flashing will not complete. ECM can only be recovered using TIS.
Workaround:
None. DO NOT USE FULL FLASH OPTION.

Is there plans in the future to support this?
Thanks
Robert

cindy@efilive
December 15th, 2014, 08:50 AM
It's fixed in the beta software and is scheduled for our next release.

Cheers
Cindy

rcr1978
January 3rd, 2015, 04:27 AM
Thanks Cindy, also is all controller flashing now done under the V8 software? My LMM the flash fails under the V7.5, I glanced back through the known issue's or change log and did not see anything.

cindy@efilive
January 4th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Controller flashing for V7 is still functional on all controllers originally supported by V7. New controllers are only ever supported in V8. No one has reported V7 flashing issues with the Oct 28 software as far as I can recall.

You may want to disconnect and try again,.

Cheers
Cindy

Tre-Cool
January 5th, 2015, 12:08 AM
I purchased a roadrunner recently and it appears that when you launch the editor with the v2 plugged in, it overrides the license file check and stops me from being able to flash direct to the roadrunner.

I need to open up the editor without the v2 plugged first otherwise I get a "your device is not licensed for this cable" or something along those lines. it's not a show stopper it's just annoying as all hell.

Blacky
January 5th, 2015, 05:42 AM
I purchased a roadrunner recently and it appears that when you launch the editor with the v2 plugged in, it overrides the license file check and stops me from being able to flash direct to the roadrunner.

I need to open up the editor without the v2 plugged first otherwise I get a "your device is not licensed for this cable" or something along those lines. it's not a show stopper it's just annoying as all hell.

Does your RR license/registration key have the correct FlashScan serial number in it? Does it have the correct license type in it?
To make sure, email me (paul@efilive.com) your license.txt file and I'll make sure it is configured properly.

Regards
Paul

dieselguy9311
January 10th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Not sure if anybody else is having these issues as well but I am having a few. When reading out file the information for the speedometer is all incorrect. Will read 3.72 for gear ratio every time as well as 19.88" tires. Even on different trucks and different ecms. Lmm lml lb7 lly. Also having lots of problems with full flashes going through but not being a complete file. As I will have modules acting up as like the vane position sensor will kick in and out by itself. I reflash total tune will fix it. Have had to flash one truck 3 times with same tune for it to finally run right. Also have studdering idle also fixed with retuning same info. Tuning is going through perfect with no errors during flashing. Becoming quite the issue. As Lmm trucks take 15min for 1 flash. Also having to find out what gear ratio each truck has because software says same thing everytime. C5500 with 3.72 gears and said had like 90" tires as at 10 mph real world truck thought it was going 90. Any help would be great. Thanks.

dieselguy9311
January 10th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Looks like rcr1987 is having same issue. Diffently seems more prominent in Lmm and lbz trucks. 6 of them yesterday. Was a total nightmare.

engr7581
January 14th, 2015, 03:33 AM
For whatever reason I recently (like the past year) whenever opening up EFI Live V8 Scan and tune to and try and click on the icons on the left side of the page ie scan, tune,obd,bbx,devices,license,tools I get the error message " ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 61009268 IN MODULE 'EFILIVE_SCANANDTUNE.EXE READ OF ADDRESS 61009268"

Once I get this error I can't do anything with the software such as purchase new tuning credits (because it must be done with V8 now) or tune the Cummins trucks because they require the full flash procedure used from the Scan and Tune app

I am running Windows 8, and V8.2.2.263, and V7.5.269. This is the OCT 28 release. This problem has occurred on multiple different versions of EFI live however so I think it is something in Windows 8.

I have had intermittent success going to C/USERS/EFIlive/V8 and deleting the instance of EFI Live Hapi that has showed up and that worked but not anymore. My only other option is to uninstall/reinstall the software to only have it work again for a short while.

I have submitted a case in EFI live help but have received no response as of yet.

Thanks in advance for any help!

engr7581
January 15th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Any resolution to this? Whatever is causing it has rendered the V8 tool useless to me. I can't use it without getting the errror message. Can't buy additional licenses, can't full flash dodges. I feel however that it is not being caused from the new update, but more a compatibility with Windows 8 and EFI Live V8 software. (The V7.5 works fine)

Blacky
January 15th, 2015, 04:19 PM
If you have not already done so, uninstall the V8 software and delete all the V8 installation folders. I.e. delete C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 and all its sub folders.
Then re-install EFILive V8.

Regards
Paul

dieselguy9311
January 15th, 2015, 04:19 PM
anytime i have had issues with the access violations i run the program as an administrator. right click then run as admin see if that fixes it for ya...

mrnelson84
January 17th, 2015, 09:50 AM
not sure this is were i need to post this but i need some help im trying to download a csp5 file to my computer but it wont let me.This is what it says, efilive cannot determine some os specific data. Most likely because the data is from a controller that has not been added to the efilive software

Blacky
January 27th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Update has been posted here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25094-Update-Jan-2015

Regards
Paul