PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Fuel Pressure Base Duty Cycle & P.I.D Control

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Would anybody be interested in sharing some insight on this? I'm having what I've been told is referred to as rail surge. Basically where the actual rail psi constantly over/under shoots the desired. I know that reducing the % in the Base Duty Cycle table will help smooth this out but I don't know how far I can reduce it. Has anyone had any luck adjusting the P.I.D control to further smooth the actual rail psi?

garrettg.bpd
October 7th, 2014, 02:06 PM
I have not played with P.I.D. control. But I have found that playing with Fuel Pressure Reg, Current Conversion can help.

kyle027
December 1st, 2014, 05:16 AM
Would anybody be interested in sharing some insight on this? I'm having what I've been told is referred to as rail surge. Basically where the actual rail psi constantly over/under shoots the desired. I know that reducing the % in the Base Duty Cycle table will help smooth this out but I don't know how far I can reduce it. Has anyone had any luck adjusting the P.I.D control to further smooth the actual rail psi?

I was curious if you had gotten this problem fixed. My truck does this also. How much is your actual over and under shooting the desired?

computerjlt
December 1st, 2014, 05:48 AM
i had some problems on the dyno doing low load pulls. higher load and on the street pressure stayed more stable. what conditions are you having osculation at?

kyle027
December 1st, 2014, 05:56 AM

Mainly in the lower load areas. Basically same as your problem.how much was your varying?