PDA

View Full Version : $0331 Error reading 2014 Impala

Overkill
October 20th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Hey guys

I have a customer who's getting error $0331 reading their 2014 Impala using the Autocal I sent. Its preloaded with the E39 ECM read protocols, I didn't see E39A listed which this computer may be if it isn't the regular E39 but I'm pretty sure its an E39 12651994

Any suggestions? I'm using the software that I downloaded in July when I got started with EFILive, and its read out 12 and 13 Impalas fine so far.

Dmaxink
October 20th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Make sure you update your software to the latest version! There have been updates since then!

cindy@efilive
October 21st, 2014, 10:35 AM
As Kory said, please update your software, and then firmware for both your FlashScan and the customer's AutoCal to the latest pre-release software, dated October 5. https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24704-Update-Oct-5-2014

E39A is a separate controller in the V8 Scan and Tune software. To ensure you do 'detect' the right controller, I recommend that after you update your software that you open V8 Scan and Tune software, then in the [F5: BBX] -> [F3: Tune] menu select open and open the Options_GM_Gas2.txt options file. Uncheck any controllers you do not require leaving you with E39A.

From there you have a number of options to send updated configuration files to your Customer for him to update on his AutoCal, the Quick Setup is probably the easiest method to use.

Cheers
Cindy

Overkill
October 22nd, 2014, 07:46 AM
As Kory said, please update your software, and then firmware for both your FlashScan and the customer's AutoCal to the latest pre-release software, dated October 5. https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24704-Update-Oct-5-2014

E39A is a separate controller in the V8 Scan and Tune software. To ensure you do 'detect' the right controller, I recommend that after you update your software that you open V8 Scan and Tune software, then in the [F5: BBX] -> [F3: Tune] menu select open and open the Options_GM_Gas2.txt options file. Uncheck any controllers you do not require leaving you with E39A.

From there you have a number of options to send updated configuration files to your Customer for him to update on his AutoCal, the Quick Setup is probably the easiest method to use.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you Cindy, after opening that options file I now see the E39A tune option, and I've sent a quick setup file to my customer. Will report back if any issues, otherwise thank you for your support