PDA

View Full Version : Possible to add Incal Import tool?

Mitco39
October 29th, 2014, 02:10 AM
I was wondering if it is at all possible, or planned even to add a import function similar to the ktag import we have for the Duramax's for .cal Incal files from cummins? I have started playing with some of these in my spare time and the ability to import them into EFI live would be great.

Thanks!

Mitch

GMPX
October 29th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Never seen one to know if it is possible. KTAG import was of course necessary because they could not be read and the format is an open bin file.

Mitco39
October 29th, 2014, 11:59 AM
They are plain Intel-Hex 32bit files. They come right on the bi yearly INCAL discs. Not sure if this would step on any ethical toes so to speak, but it would be very awesome to have that ability.

Just thought I would ask, I can supply an example if you would like.

GMPX
October 29th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Not sure if this would step on any ethical toes so to speak.
Yeah that might be a problem, you would have to look at the software agreement to know, certainly with TIS2WEB the policy states that you cannot use any files for re-distributing.
If you want to Email me one of the files I can see, it really depends on how different they might be vs what we read out via OBD-II

RADustin
November 5th, 2014, 04:34 AM
I can email a cal file- its too large to attach. It is intel hex 32bit.

I can load it right into winols.

the cummins is native 32bit intel-hex. Does efilive work in intel hex or only traditional binary/hex?

GMPX
November 5th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Stick with OLS if that works for you, we aren't looking to add support for every different OEM file format out there, our software does not support Intel Hex formats.

RADustin
November 5th, 2014, 10:51 AM
As mentioned- I can get it into winols but it does me no good. I'm not disassembling it- I only offered the file to help efilive. Please understand.

GMPX
November 5th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sorry I think I misunderstood what you wanted.

RADustin
November 5th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Well I think if efilive can be the pigeon carrier for the file that would be epic. Mod the hex somewhere else, import into efilive and flash it.

Possible?

GMPX
November 5th, 2014, 03:49 PM
What CMxxxx ECM type are you talking? If it is something using 250K CAN then no, our CAN routines have none of that stuff in them so flashing them isn't an option right now. BTW, I like that term 'pigeon carrier'.

RADustin
November 6th, 2014, 01:41 AM
lol- talking about the 2013 ecu.

GMPX
November 6th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I can take a look but I suspect it will probably be easier to just convert it from .hex to .bin using Hex Workshop or something like that.

WreckitRalph
November 26th, 2017, 12:03 PM
lol- talking about the 2013 ecu.

Hey I'm in need of a couple pointers with winOLS. Would you mind emailing me rob at sfpcservice.com?