PDA

View Full Version : LM-1 wideband concern

BigTex
April 27th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I have flashscan logging the analog output from my LM1 wideband. I happened to notice the other day that the LCD readout wasn't the same value as I was seeing on the laptop. I know it changes quickly, but on average, the LCD was about .4-.5 lower AFR than the laptop was seeing.

I loaded the newest LM1 firmware then check the analog output scaling on the meter, then went over the EFI software's parameters for the LM1 logging. Everything looked normal. Comparing the values to the logged front factory O2 sensors, the analog output numbers seem to be the closest.

Is it "normal" for that LM1 unit to show one thing but mean another? Which value should I trust? I assume I should ignore the LCD, but it has me perplexed.

Thanks
Richard

johnv
April 27th, 2006, 04:03 PM
The lcd readout should be correct as long as you've done the free air calibration - it is best to do free air calibration with engine running, (sensor not in exhaust) as there will be a difference in power supply voltage with engine running due to charging system.

if your sure the LM1 outputs have been setup the same as LM1 calc in Flashscan and still have a discrepency you may need to check voltage offset and change calc.

There is a thread somewhere on how to do it, just do a search on "voltage offset"

Cheers
John

bK
May 15th, 2006, 02:57 PM
This might help in the troubleshooting:

I was reading somewhere to ensure everything has the same ground reference (therefore the same Voltage reading) to program your Analog 2 to the same voltage no matter the AFR.

I.E. 2.5V = 10:1 AFR & 2.5V = 20:1 AFR

Then looking at the Analog 2 DATA in FS ensure that you see a constant 2.5V

MN C5
May 16th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Richard, mine was doing the same thing so I did a Free Air Recal (remove O2 sensor to clean air) and a Heater Recal. It worked for me but I now log the LM-1 voltage in EFI just to be sure something isn't foo bar.

My LM-1 display was off by up to a point prior to the recal

Why are you retuning? New mods? How does it go with the 90mm TB?

dfe1
May 17th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Try the thread below. I've found that the data in the FlashScan file for the LM-1 calculation is incorrect. I used the values in the last post in this thread, and my LM-1 output matched FlashScan display values perfectly. You have to change the values in the sae_generic.txt file in the EFILive/V7/configuration folder.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1786&highlight=Lm-1

MN C5
May 20th, 2006, 02:14 AM
I've noticed mine seems pretty close at a fairly steady Throttle Position but the LM-1 Display and my laptop display are off by up to 2 points during and for a brief moment after transitions.

:nixweiss: Now its starting to drive me nuts.:wave:

dfe1
May 20th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I've noticed mine seems pretty close at a fairly steady Throttle Position but the LM-1 Display and my laptop display are off by up to 2 points during and for a brief moment after transitions.
That might be because you're not really using EFILive for peaceful purposes.