PDA

View Full Version : Torque Reduction with High Stall Converter?

LS1FREEK
November 11th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Ok guys, been having issues with this... Seems like if I try to keep some TM in the tune with a high stall (3600+) It doesn't work well, seems like PCM isn't seeing the correct amount of rpm drop during shifts and keeps the TM lagging the motor after shifts for like 2 seconds. Question is, is there any way to make TM work good with a big stall? This is on a 2002 Trans Am

Here's a LOG

LS1FREEK
November 11th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Bump!

LS1FREEK
November 12th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Nobody?

joecar
November 13th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Post your tune file.

LS1FREEK
November 14th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Ok I'll have to make a new one, with a log. This was a long time ago and so I haven't done one in a while. My brother is wanting to run N2O on his 2001 Z28 with a converter and try to keep some TM in it to keep the trans alive. I haven't had any luck running any TM in the transmissions because this exact issue on every one I've tried. I'll try to find the tune file that was on the car when I made this log.

Highlander
March 27th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Up... i am seeing this problem too.

joecar
March 28th, 2016, 02:18 AM
Up... i am seeing this problem too.Can you post some logs files and a screenshot of the TR tables.

Highlander
March 28th, 2016, 02:50 AM
I figured it out.

Because of the stall the transmission is not seeing the big drop in rpm so torque management lingers. I found all the torque converter tables. I will be adjusting and report back

joecar
March 28th, 2016, 10:04 AM
I figured it out.

Because of the stall the transmission is not seeing the big drop in rpm so torque management lingers. I found all the torque converter tables. I will be adjusting and report backOk, thanks, I appreciate your feedback reports.

Highlander
May 16th, 2016, 02:10 AM
well.. funny thing is i was in a ECU swap (P59) along the way. So the new ECU even with the new tables doesn't lag the torque management on the torque converter.

I have to play this a lot more. The torque converter clutch tables do control a lot the steady state pressure of the transmission. Transmission feels a LOT more positive or less slipping, and it correlates with an increase in steady state pressure.

dian
November 7th, 2023, 09:00 PM
what "torque converter clutch tables" are those? are they different from the p01 (99c5) ecu? or did you mean the pwm tables?

edit: were you actually saying that the torque-converter-clutch-solenoid duty cycle would affect line/torque signal pressure? (i have seen no effect on anything, when playing with that on the p01.)

joecar
November 16th, 2023, 03:07 PM
Then 4L60/80E have separate pwm solenoids for line pressure/pwm and tcc pwm/pressure.

dian
November 16th, 2023, 09:05 PM
yes, thats what i have been wondering about. maybe im misunderstanding what has been said.