PDA

View Full Version : 5.7 Vortec 4L60E Shifts Hard From Park

Supercharged111
November 15th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I sold my blackbox today and noticed on the buyer's vehicle that, when the vehicle was shifted from park, it seemed to hit pretty hard. All the shifts were fine and I'd set VE back to stock thinking that'd play a role in the PCM's torque calculations. I didn't feel it with his original PCM, but he said it didn't do that. If that's the case, I can rule out the EPC or TPS, but the vehicle in question wasn't perfectly maintained. Wasn't run down either, but I still question how smooth his stocker was. It doesn't matter if it's park to reverse or park to drive, it seems like the first one it grabs form park is the one that hits the hardest. I just don't see how that could possibly be a tune issue with the pressure tables set to stock. Even then, the base pressure tables that you can access are only for shifting. Is there anything counter-intuitive I may have changed that could indirectly affect this?

joecar
November 16th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Do you have the tune file from his old PCM to compare against his new (your) PCM...?

Supercharged111
November 17th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I wish I did. I'm thinking if he comes back I'll pull his stock tune and put my changes on top of it. all he really needs for the extra pull is BTM delete and my 91 octane timing map as he preferred stock shift times.