PDA

View Full Version : Update: Oct 28, 2014

cindy@efilive
November 17th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
Both the V7.5 and V8 software was updated in this release, you must update both software packages.
Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.269_Setup.exe) (97 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.263_Setup.exe) (50 MB)

Release Notes:
Release Notes. (http://download.efilive.com/Documentation/Oct%202014%20EFILive%20Release%20Notes.pdf)

Known Issues:
Check for known issues here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24705-Known-issues-with-Oct-28-2014-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware&p=211097#post211097).

Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As new issues are verified they will be posted in the "known issues" thread above.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 269
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 263
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.71 (Oct 28, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

WyoFreeride
November 17th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Thanks. Downloading.....

catman3126
November 17th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks so much now I will be busy lol.

joecar
November 18th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Thanks.

mpdtune
November 18th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Is it just me or is the DTC List gone for the 6.7?

GMPX
November 18th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I just checked that and there was a couple of OS's that accidentally had the table left out, sorry about that.

mpdtune
November 18th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I just checked that and there was a couple of OS's that accidentally had the table left out, sorry about that.

Ah okay, I just had time to open up one file this morning. OS 11610805 Thanks!

DURAtotheMAX
November 19th, 2014, 05:51 AM
haha, thats actually a little funny...you could sure mess with some people by setting the DTC reporters to something totally different... have an EGR problem set a crank position sensor code and stuff like that.

GMPX
November 19th, 2014, 09:30 AM
haha, thats actually a little funny...you could sure mess with some people by setting the DTC reporters to something totally different... have an EGR problem set a crank position sensor code and stuff like that.
Yeah it is crazy, essentially what they are doing is assigning a hardware fault to a P code. Eg if the sensor on Pin 38 is reading 5V then assign that to P code P1234.
I just said to someone yesterday that the programmers at GM need a pat on the back for the DTC reporting systems they created, it is so logical and works fantastic unlike Cummins and Bosch.

DURAtotheMAX
November 19th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah it is crazy, essentially what they are doing is assigning a hardware fault to a P code. Eg if the sensor on Pin 38 is reading 5V then assign that to P code P1234.

ahhhh I see. Interesting!

I just said to someone yesterday that the programmers at GM need a pat on the back for the DTC reporting systems they created, it is so logical and works fantastic unlike Cummins and Bosch.

Sorry for the off topic, but is Allison TCM DTC reporting setup as Delphi-ish or Bosch-ish?

GMPX
November 19th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Sorry for the off topic, but is Allison TCM DTC reporting setup as Delphi-ish or Bosch-ish?
I don't remember exactly but I think it was Delphi style.

catman3126
November 19th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Took 45+ minutes for it to download for me

joecar
November 19th, 2014, 08:29 PM
V7 was taking exponential time to download... I had to cancel the download several times, and then finally it downloaded fast.

HVD Performance
November 25th, 2014, 03:29 AM
no issue to down load, hope to flash my 6.7 soon with new software.

DieselMafialb7
November 25th, 2014, 04:11 PM
So I notice the dtc tables are totally different from the previous version do I need to kill the codes again for deleted 6.7 customers that want csp 5?

2007 5.9
November 25th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Yes youll need to redo your dtc edits

DieselMafialb7
November 25th, 2014, 05:27 PM
FML....... :crash: guess its a good thing I only have few cant imagine the pita for you to go threw all the tunes you've done

KhakiCummins
November 26th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I would image that once you set up a base CSP5 file, you could create a script that edits DTC values on your tunes as you create them saving a ton of time.

comnrailpwr
November 26th, 2014, 06:20 AM
I would image that once you set up a base CSP5 file, you could create a script that edits DTC values on your tunes as you create them saving a ton of time.

Yes you can but in my experience scripting and copy/pasting the Cummins dtc tables has been not so reliable.

KhakiCummins
November 26th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Good to know. Thanks!!

cindy@efilive
November 26th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Scripting was never written to account for multiple instances of the same DTC. The next release will contain some scripting changes to specifically address that.

Given the broad changes being implemented for the next release, I would expect that it will need extensive beta testing prior to being made available publcily.

Cheers
Cindy

SmokeAintPower
December 3rd, 2014, 04:03 AM
I installed the update above, but now I have no options to upgrade ANY Cummins OS to the CSP5 OS. That includes 5.9L & 6.7L OS's. I'm able to open previous 5.9L CSP5 files, but I can't upgrade anything to a CSP5. I've tried uninstalling, and wiping out the file directory for both V7.5 & V8. Reinstalling...still no CSP5 upgrade available...am I missing something?

comnrailpwr
December 3rd, 2014, 04:10 AM
Flashscan plugged in while you boot software?

Efilive crew: is it possible to get rid of the above feature? I keep my Flashscan at my shop and take my tuning laptop home with me. On several occasions I want to work and create files at home but cannot because the dang v2 needs plugged in.

SmokeAintPower
December 3rd, 2014, 04:45 AM

Efilive crew: is it possible to get rid of the above feature? I keep my Flashscan at my shop and take my tuning laptop home with me. On several occasions I want to work and create files at home but cannot because the dang v2 needs plugged in.

No it isn't...but I usually don't need it plugged in since I registered the software.

ATPCummins
December 3rd, 2014, 04:48 AM

All you have to do is to enter in your V2 info under the help tab, register EFILive, in the tune tool and you will not have to have the v2 plugged in. This information will need entered again every time you install new software (it would be nice if the information was retained).

SmokeAintPower
December 3rd, 2014, 04:53 AM
All you have to do is to enter in your V2 info under the help tab, register EFILive, in the tune tool and you will not have to have the v2 plugged in. This information will need entered again every time you install new software (it would be nice if the information was retained).

I was wrong. Even though my software is registered, it won't let me do CSP5 upgrade without the V2 connected. As soon as I connected the V2, CSP5 upgrade is available. DSP5 upgrade doesn't require the V2 to be plugged in, but CSP5 evidently does. Must be some security feature they worked into their protocol. I don't remember having to do that in the past, but I keep the V2 plugged in a lot, so maybe I just didn't notice.

Mitco39
December 3rd, 2014, 04:57 AM
They started working in these things awhile back. I am sure EFI Live has their reasons. If you have a good internet connection I would suggest setting up a remote desktop that you can use and log into from anywhere. This way you dont have the carry the V2 with you but you can still make tunes should the need arise.

2007 5.9
December 3rd, 2014, 05:29 AM
V2 must be plugged in to upgrade to a COS or CVN restore

ATPCummins
December 3rd, 2014, 05:49 AM
I have done a lot of tuning without the v2 plugged in, but I guess I haven't tried doing an OS upgrade without it plugged in. I usually just leave it plugged in for various other reasons. Good info.

comnrailpwr
December 3rd, 2014, 08:47 AM
Correct with CSP it needs plugged in, crapy. DSP it doesn't need plugged in. Would be nice if CSP wasn't this way but i'm sure their is a reason.

Blacky
January 27th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Update has been posted here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25094-Update-Jan-2015

Regards
Paul

catman3126
January 27th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Oh hell yeah here we go!! Thanks