PDA

View Full Version : CSP5 and EDA Public Pre-Release for 07-09 Cummins

cindy@efilive
November 17th, 2014, 04:41 PM
EFILive is pleased to announce the public pre-release of CSP5 and our Enhanced Data Acquisition (EDA) for 07-09 6.7L Cummins Customers.

CSP5, EFILive's custom operating system for the Cummins CM2100A ECM allows customers to switch 'on the fly' between 6 different tunes, all stored in the ECM's flash memory. Five tunes are accessible through CAN bus switching, and a sixth tune can be switched using an input on one of the ECM's connectors.

By having multiple tunes instantly accessible, customers no longer need to re-flash their ECM to change their tunes to suit changing conditions (eg. racing, towing or power limiting). Simply build up your tunes, flash the ECM once and then select your desired tune through your EFILive hardware (or other approved switching devices) at any time.

http://download.efilive.com/Email/CSP6p7b.jpg

Enhanced Data Acquisition (EDA), revolutionizes the way customers scan and log data. Exclusive to EFILive, EDA aims to simplify the task of logging by creating a single group of 45 parameters hand selected by tuners as essential tuning feedback items. Some EDA parameters are not even available on the Dealership scan-tool.

With logging speeds of up to 50 frames per second and each frame containing 45 data parameters, this enhancement is the envy of every other Cummins data logging system in existence, including earlier versions of our own software. EDA's speed and data selection is simply unparalleled, with most other scan-tools lucky to get just 15 (not so useful) SAE PID's at 12 frames per second.

EDA scanning is only available on CSP5 upgraded ECM's using black box logging (BBL) functionality in-conjunction with FlashScan V2 or AutoCal hardware.

http://download.efilive.com/Email/CSP5_Log_V8_750W.png

A range of security measures have also been added; tunes are automatically locked from reading to stop unauthorized copying, and password protection is available for tune selections. Overhead Chime parameters complete this functionality release, with additional parameters added to all operating systems upgradable to CSP5.

This CSP5 and EDA functionality release is a FREE software update to all EFILive customers. To access these features, customers must update their V8 and V7 software, along with their FlashScan V2/AutoCal firmware to our October 28, 2014 (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24830-Update-Oct-28-2014) software release (or later). Upgrade documentation can be found in the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software by navigating to Help -> Documents.

Regards,

The EFILive Development Team

cindy@efilive
November 17th, 2014, 05:06 PM
We've been asked a number of times by customers who have SoCal Diesel CSP switches and want to know if their switch is compatible with the 07-09 CM2100A CSP software. There are a couple of ways to identify compatibility.

1. Identifying sticker on CSP5 switch bag and back of circuit board will state "5.9L/6.7L compatible" If it doesn't list 6.7L it will not work in it's current form.
2. 5.9L/6.7L compatible switches will blink three (3) times when plugged into the OBDII port. 5.9L only switches will only blink twice.

Any switches can be updated free of charge if returned to SoCal Diesel freight pre-paid. Please contact SoCal Diesel for further information.

Cheers
Cindy

KhakiCummins
November 17th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Awesome news!!!! Thanks to the EFILive team for all the hard work on this.

jason26
November 18th, 2014, 12:14 AM
We've been asked a number of times by customers who have SoCal Diesel CSP switches and want to know if their switch is compatible with the 07-09 CM2100A CSP software. There are a couple of ways to identify compatibility.

1. Identifying sticker on CSP5 switch bag and back of circuit board will state "5.9L/6.7L compatible" If it doesn't list 6.7L it will not work in it's current form.
2. 5.9L/6.7L compatible switches will blink three (3) times when plugged into the OBDII port. 5.9L only switches will only blink twice.

Any switches can be updated free of charge if returned to SoCal Diesel freight pre-paid. Please contact SoCal Diesel for further information.

Cheers
Cindy

So does this mean guys with mcc tuning can go straight to the switch now and ditch the mini max?

House
November 18th, 2014, 02:47 AM
BOO!!! on the switches..none of mine are 6.7 compatible... can the autocal made to switch tunes with the 6.7?

mpdtune
November 18th, 2014, 05:02 AM
No more built in timing calculator?

2007 5.9
November 18th, 2014, 06:27 AM
No more built in timing calculator?

It's not under the base table?

mpdtune
November 18th, 2014, 06:35 AM
It's not under the base table?

Not that I can find. both on a stock OS and the CSP5 OS.

2007 5.9
November 18th, 2014, 06:36 AM
I'll download tonight and verify unless someone chimes in before

jakethesnake
November 18th, 2014, 07:30 AM
The download link leads me to a "link not found page"? Anyone else getting that?

GMPX
November 18th, 2014, 09:39 AM
BOO!!! on the switches..none of mine are 6.7 compatible... can the autocal made to switch tunes with the 6.7?
Don't stress, just cover the shipping costs and SoCal will update the firmware in them to work on the 6.7L.
Yes Autocal will work with the 6.7L CSP and 5.9L CSP.

cjowett
November 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
So where do we find the downloads? The download page is attempting to give me older versions than what I currently have which is EFILiveV7.5.7.268_Setup.exe and EFILiveV8.2.2.262_Setup.exe vs now trying to download EFILiveV7.5.7.262_Setup.exe and EFILiveV8.2.2.258_Setup.exe

comnrailpwr
November 18th, 2014, 11:12 AM
links work for me. downloading 269 &

cjowett
November 18th, 2014, 11:28 AM
links work for me. downloading 269 &
what link are you using because that isn't what is available on the download page http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

KhakiCummins
November 18th, 2014, 11:44 AM
The links here

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24830-Update-Oct-28-2014

cindy@efilive
November 18th, 2014, 11:48 AM
what link are you using because that isn't what is available on the download page http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

There is a link to the software in the final paragraph of the first post.

The link to the software is also on the downloads page you posted, below the public release (This isn't a public release it's a pre-release)

Cheers
Cindy

cjowett
November 18th, 2014, 12:01 PM
The links here

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24830-Update-Oct-28-2014
Thanks Duane

2007 5.9
November 18th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I cannot open existing log files nor open existing dash board anymore. I get a access violation message..17690

2007 5.9
November 18th, 2014, 04:34 PM

cindy@efilive
November 18th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Les, I can open log files without issue, haven't tested dashboard.

I see that nasty windows work "administrator" in your screen shot - you sure you've got your permissions setup right? This is the same release you've been using in beta for the last 3 weeks, we didn't rebuild it or make changes - we just made it public

Cheers
Cindy

mpdtune
November 18th, 2014, 05:04 PM
I'll download tonight and verify unless someone chimes in before

Am I just blind or you find the calculator?

2007 5.9
November 18th, 2014, 05:08 PM
No calc in the typical so spot but there is the calc under air density adjust table 1

computerjlt
November 19th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Am I just blind or you find the calculator?

it looks like its only in air density 1. i guess someone forgot to link it in the rest lol.

very glad this is finally a reality. on my next trip back home i have a guy ready to set this up and try it out

GMPX
November 19th, 2014, 09:35 AM
it looks like its only in air density 1. i guess someone forgot to link it in the rest lol.
Yes we have to assign the calculator to the tables that need it, the thought never crossed my mind, we'll fix it for a future update.

C Murda
November 19th, 2014, 11:30 AM
im just gonna go ahead and ask.... has the "region lock" for us USA customers been implemented yet? or can i update my V2 and still be able to tune out my emissions BS for off road use?

cindy@efilive
November 19th, 2014, 11:57 AM
im just gonna go ahead and ask.... has the "region lock" for us USA customers been implemented yet? or can i update my V2 and still be able to tune out my emissions BS for off road use?

You need to read the release notes. All changes to the software are documented.

Cheers
Cindy

computerjlt
November 19th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Yes we have to assign the calculator to the tables that need it, the thought never crossed my mind, we'll fix it for a future update.

Excellent!

C Murda
November 19th, 2014, 02:37 PM
You need to read the release notes. All changes to the software are documented.

Cheers
Cindy

where can i read that? also the main reason i ask is because maybe a previous update already changed to region locked and now this new update continues off of it and those "notes" are left unsaid then the unsuspecting will update and lose their ability to delete tune...

also a simple yes or no would have been easy! ;-)

cindy@efilive
November 19th, 2014, 04:59 PM
where can i read that? also the main reason i ask is because maybe a previous update already changed to region locked and now this new update continues off of it and those "notes" are left unsaid then the unsuspecting will update and lose their ability to delete tune...

also a simple yes or no would have been easy! ;-)

There has been no software release that 'region locked' customers from content previously accessible. What we have done is as we've released additional content (specifically for LML), we've only made it available for specific customer groups. You have experienced no loss in functionality because of your region because you never had it to begin with. EFILive would never intentionally leave content out of our release notes.

The first post in this thread provides a link to the software. Each software release post (either on our website as a public release or on our forum as a pre-release) comes with a set of release notes.

Each set of Public Software release notes are available for you to view at any time right back as far as June 2013 on our website. (when our current website was launched).

Pre-Release release notes are contained within the forum post for each pre-release. Pre-release release notes are consolidated into one set of release notes until public release, where at that point they move to our website. I think the current pre-release release notes is a 'set' of 3 or 4 release notes consolidated since the last public release.

Cheers
Cindy

30 RUM
November 25th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Hey Cindy,

Quick question, I noticed after updating that we now have an option to upgrade to pro tuning in V8 (or in the future). Maybe it was in earlier releases I just now noticed it. What will be the differences from what we have now? Has this been covered in an earlier thread?

Thanks

Sam

30 RUM
November 25th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Disregard I used the search feature, ha..... That is unless you guys have more info to share.

Thanks

GMPX
November 26th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Just a note for people running CSP5 on the 6.7L. We've had a report that a few trucks (like 1 in 20 for this tuner) still default the Altitude table selection to #5 even with E5750 disabled.
The problem with that is that Alt table #5 is not in the CSP5 selection, so essentially you will still be running a single tune. The ECM will default to that value if it is trying to go in to something like a limp mode, or it isn't happy that a DTC might be set.
Anyway, we will continue to try to figure out why it only affects some trucks, it might even be OS specific, just keep an eye on the PID's - CM.AIRDENL & CM.AIRDENH and make sure they are not sitting at 5.

longcummins
December 13th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Ok maybe a dumb question but where does the switch blink from. I plugged mine in during daylight hrs and I never saw a blink. Also read that as you change tunes it will blink 3 times if you set the switch to 3 and so on... Did I miss something or is it just not that visible in day light? Thanks

comnrailpwr
December 13th, 2014, 01:48 PM
There a led light on the circuit board. It's not ment to be seen during normal use as it would be behind the dash.

longcummins
December 13th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Ok sweet I know it works as it should but I never saw the light, thanks for the info.