PDA

View Full Version : 6.7 flash

Scarface
November 22nd, 2014, 05:06 AM
I have a customer with a fully deleted 07 6.7 manual trans truck. the previous owner did not have the smarty for that truck anymore. would it be safe for me to flash a good known stock file in it. I tried reading his file off his truck and I get error codes.

cindy@efilive
November 22nd, 2014, 09:11 AM
Even if the owner still had the smarty chances are you'd still have the same issues - their stock file isn't actually stock.

A good known stock file needs to be flashed into the ECM.

Cheers
Cindy

Scarface
November 22nd, 2014, 03:55 PM
ok thanks cindy I will flash the good file I have for that yr of truck and see how it runs with it.

Scarface
December 5th, 2014, 03:48 AM
finally got the customer coming in or the stock file for me to flash in it. I got a good stock file from a tunner that is clean. do I just do a vin lic on it and a full flash with the good file to get the truck clean. since I could not read the file cause of the smarty that is on it

cindy@efilive
December 5th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Yes, flash in the good tune. During the flash the software will ask you to go through the licensing step if the ECM hasn't been licensed already.

Cheer
Cindy

Scarface
December 5th, 2014, 07:57 AM
ok thanks cindy. I am just trying to get a good clean file on his truck then upgrade him to efi. the csp5 is avaible now to the public right for the 6.7s

cindy@efilive
December 5th, 2014, 08:29 AM
October 28 software contains CSP for 6.7. The download is in our forum, given it's a public pre release. (Ie. auto update does not work and links not on our website because it's not deemed public release.)

Cheers
Cindy

Scarface
December 5th, 2014, 08:31 AM
ok thanks:mrgreen: