PDA

View Full Version : E38 Throttle And SPARK problem

400ss
November 24th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Trying to tune a 5.3L 4L60E with a magnacharger, but, when i go WOT, the Throttle body only open like 45%, i atached a LOG, and the spark problem, is at 4000-5000 RPm it will go to 5 degrees without any knock, exactly as my Minimum final timing. any help, ill apreciate it, and can any one take a look to the tune? thanks

Taz
November 24th, 2014, 12:19 PM
The E38 tune you are using is intended to be paired with a 6L80 transmission (T43 TCM). The issue could be communications with the T42 TCM controlling the 4L60 transmission.

The latest versions of EFILive block many CAX files from loading - so I can no longer change the transmission type and communication settings.

In the tune attached below, I adjusted the maximum engine torque output allowed (to be sent to the transmission) with a communications failure between the ECM and TCM.

If this was the previous issue, the engine should now pull to 6000 RPM - but the TCM may not accurately interpret the torque being sent to the transmission - this may put the transmission at risk.

Use with caution, and at your own risk ...

Cheers,
Taz

400ss
November 24th, 2014, 03:02 PM
The E38 tune you are using is intended to be paired with a 6L80 transmission (T43 TCM). The issue could be communications with the T42 TCM controlling the 4L60 transmission.

The latest versions of EFILive block many CAX files from loading - so I can no longer change the transmission type and communication settings.

In the tune attached below, I adjusted the maximum engine torque output allowed (to be sent to the transmission) with a communications failure between the ECM and TCM.

If this was the previous issue, the engine should now pull to 6000 RPM - but the TCM may not accurately interpret the torque being sent to the transmission - this may put the transmission at risk.

Use with caution, and at your own risk ...

Cheers,
Taz

This is about the Spark advance going into minimum final timing?? or about the throttle not opening completely

Taz
November 24th, 2014, 03:09 PM
This is about the Spark advance going into minimum final timing?? or about the throttle not opening completely

Both ... but only if the issue is indeed an ECM / TCM communication issue.

400ss
November 24th, 2014, 03:38 PM
i tried it like 10 min ago, it didnt worked, if i push the brakes and push the accelerator all the way down, it opens only 30%, and without brakes it opens like 40-50%, and at WOT it goes to minimum final timing

400ss
November 27th, 2014, 06:32 AM
I started with a fresh 2012 4.8L VVT tune, it is compatible with 4L60/65/70..
I did the exact modification in the tune, and it did the same problem, the throttle problem is fixed now, the problem was in some of the Torque Control Tables.. But it still goes to minimum final timing table as soon as i go WOT.. any help?

400ss
December 2nd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Any help Please? been working on it but it cuts de spark advance like the minimum final timing,

swingtan
December 2nd, 2014, 04:06 PM
Try looking at B2517....

then look at B0534 to B0542

I think this might help.

Also, you may want to provide a log with more useful data. RPM etc would help.

Simon.