PDA

View Full Version : Using FAST wideband o2 setup with V2

izcain
November 25th, 2014, 04:08 PM
I was thinking instead of purchasing another setup to stay in the car I would like to just use my FAST dual wideband meter to connect to the V2. According to fast they say that it has a serial output for external devices. I am still a newbie but could someone maybe walk me thru this. I sold my innovate setup with the blower car I just had. Now looking to use this. I still have a null adapter and cord (looks like a stereo plugin) would I be able to use these items?

Here was some information from another poster

"Advanced Options
Analog Output Mode:
When reading air/fuel in this mode, an additional analog signal output is provided that will run most
external, electronic air/fuel gauges and/or feed an external data logger (Fig. B). This signal is sent via two
wires that are factory contained under the connector heat-shrink wrap at the display housing end of the
wiring harness (Fig. B). Simply cut the shrink wrap back and pull out the black and grey wires. The black
wire is the signal ground wire and the grey wire is the analog signal output wire.
• Simple Mode:
This takes the output voltage and multiplies it by 10 to calculate the actual air/fuel ratio. Many
external electronic air/fuel gauges use this signal type.
• High Res Mode:
This provides a 0 - 4.096 volt output signal. Certain digital gauges and data acquisition systems
use this type of signal.
• Narrow Band Simulator Mode:
This provides a narrow band output signal that simulates many OEM style air/fuel sensors. This
will allow you to use the wide-band style sensor the FAST™ Dual Sensor Air/Fuel Meter uses not
only serve the air/fuel meter, but also run the engine’s computer. This mode is compatible only
with pre OBD II vehicles."

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

izcain
November 25th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I noticed there are inputs on the bottom of the V2 for different 5v inputs.

Looks like that may be something but I am wondering what type of connecters they utilize? or is this is even the right port for this.

Whatever I put together I would like to make something that is a nice plug in type deal once done.

izcain
November 25th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Ok so I believe I am beginning to answer my own questions....... I understand now that I can make the cable and use the supplied connecters in my V2 kit to get it connected. It also looks like if I use the simple mode i can use the PLX pid which factors at 10 for a correct view? As well as viewing the AD1 input voltage pid?

I see they have an acual FAST pid. Maybe this would be correct as well?