PDA

View Full Version : WTB - LM2 to V2 cable

clubby5000i
November 30th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Hi all,
just seeing if anyone has a innovate LM2 to V2 cable for wide band logging? I know I can make one, but just seeing if someone has a cable they don't use anymore. Shame the old TAQ cables are not in business anymore. I tried FISH also, but they don't sell them anymore either.
Cheers
Leppy

SuperSlow
December 16th, 2014, 08:52 AM
I need one too! haha

clubby5000i
December 16th, 2014, 09:59 AM
I ended up making one SuperSlow. Pretty easy when you find the right wires! Some of the instructions I found showed the wires in 2 possible positions, but its easy once you track the wiring.

Cheers
Leppy

SuperSlow
December 16th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I ended up making one SuperSlow. Pretty easy when you find the right wires! Some of the instructions I found showed the wires in 2 possible positions, but its easy once you track the wiring.

Cheers
Leppy

Awesome man, good to know. Did you use the accessory cable they sell?

clubby5000i
December 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I used the innovate cable (part # 3812). It has the 4 pin molex connector that plugs into the LM2, and the radio jack at the other end. I cut the radio jack plug off, then used a standard telephone cable (RJ12) and joined the wires together. If using a RJ12 connector, be sure to use a 6 pin plug - that's where my first test failed. I used a standard RJ12 with 4 pins and it didn't connect, as you need position 1 in the RJ12 6 pin plug. There's some great info in one of joecar's threads on here including pictures and diagrams. Once ytou know how to do it, you could make one in about 5 minutes.
If you get stuck let me know.

Cheers mate
Leppy

SuperSlow
December 17th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Thanks a lot and will do!