PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2015 Cummins Tuning Support moves into Beta

cindy@efilive
November 30th, 2014, 11:34 PM
EFILive is pleased to announce that our beta program to support the Cummins 6.7L 2010-2012 ECM (CM2200) and the Cummins 6.7L 2013+ (CM2350B) has commenced. Like our support for the LML Duramax, we've had to make some technical adjustments to support these platforms compared to our usual method of platform support.

Re-flashing of both pickup and C&C tunes is working successfully, taking between 7 to 8 minutes on both ECM types, a significant improvement over the factory tool which generally takes about 25 minutes on the 2013+.

http://download.efilive.com/Email/CME Flash_Sml.png

Mapping for the 2010-2012 ECM, and the 2013+ ECM has been finalized over a select number of operating systems, and the Anti-Tuning disable patch on the 2010-2012 has been implemented in an identical fashion to the CM2100 2007-2009 6.7L ECM. Scan tool functionality is also being tested.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/c349f116bce33c3bb6cf495c1bf2f618.jpg

Due to the ECM's architecture, 2010-2015 Cummins support does not adhere to the typical "EFILive process" for tuning supported vehicles. EFILive generally requires customers to first read and save their ECM file, then edit the calibrations before finally flashing the modified tune back into the vehicle, however it is not possible to read the CM2200 and CM2350 ECMs via the OBDII Port. Customers will need to obtain a base file for editing and flashing purposes, and It is expected that a library of stock tunes will be available prior to public release.

CSP5 for both ECM types is planned, however will not be available for our initial public release. Like CSP5 for existing platforms, the space constraints of each ECM will limit the parameters made available for switchable tuning.

Given the ECM controls both engine and transmission functionality for 68RFE equipped vehicles, transmission support is likely, however at this point of time development for transmission parameters has not commenced.

This confirmation of direction for expanded Cummins support also means that EFILive is now unable to dedicate the required resources for Cummins 2003-2005 SCI development in the foreseeable future. EFILive regretfully advises that after placing this project on hold for more than 12 months we will no longer pursue support for this platform, but will shift our focus to newer controllers. We would like to thank those people who ask regularly about SCI support, and wish them the best in finding a suitable tuning tool for their vehicle.

Beta software for 2010-2015 Cummins support is only available to existing EFILive beta testers. As soon as this software is thoroughly tested, a public pre-release version will be made available to all EFILive customers.

Regards,
The EFILive Development team

comnrailpwr
December 1st, 2014, 12:59 AM
Sweet, now I can start shopping for a 4th gen.

wilsonck
December 1st, 2014, 01:33 AM
Thank You!

DURAtotheMAX
December 1st, 2014, 03:25 AM
Awesome work EFILive crew!

BigCE
December 1st, 2014, 03:50 AM
:santa1:

I don't even know what to say. I am so happy right now. Where do I buy stock in EFI Live??

KhakiCummins
December 1st, 2014, 07:12 AM
Awesome news!!!

longcummins
December 1st, 2014, 10:36 AM
Makes me want to buy a 2015 aslo but it will probably be a 2016 hoping that EFI will be able to tune it as well when it comes out.

catman3126
December 1st, 2014, 10:40 AM
Awesome.

WyoFreeride
December 1st, 2014, 11:20 AM
:thumb_yello:

I can't wait to be able to tune and log finally. The guessing game with MCC and shop scan tools was getting really, really old.

BigCE
December 1st, 2014, 01:56 PM
Will we need to unlock a 2013+ ECM before we can flash it with efi live? Or is the software capable of doing that already?

cindy@efilive
December 1st, 2014, 02:12 PM
Will we need to unlock a 2013+ ECM before we can flash it with efi live? Or is the software capable of doing that already?

Yes, the ECM needs to be unlocked first either by cracking open and hot wiring the ECM, or by using a product like the BullyDog unlock.

Cheers
Cindy

catman3126
December 1st, 2014, 02:36 PM
So with the BD unlock can it be used more than once or is it a one time one per truck use?

mpdtune
December 1st, 2014, 02:55 PM
So with the BD unlock can it be used more than once or is it a one time one per truck use?

As many trucks as you want right now. You have to do the full unlock process, load the bullydog tune file, then flash back to stock with the bullydog. That leaves the ECM in a tuneable state and the Bullydog unlocked for another truck.

CGASTON
December 1st, 2014, 03:05 PM
Estimated price

WyoFreeride
December 1st, 2014, 03:10 PM
As many trucks as you want right now. You have to do the full unlock process, load the bullydog tune file, then flash back to stock with the bullydog. That leaves the ECM in a tuneable state and the Bullydog unlocked for another truck.

I had heard that the unlock process can only be done once per tuner, after that it is still unlocked to flash any other supported vehicles but cant be used to unlock any additional ecms.

Do you have experience that says otherwise?

mpdtune
December 1st, 2014, 03:18 PM
I had heard that the unlock process can only be done once per tuner, after that it is still unlocked to flash any other supported vehicles but cant be used to unlock any additional ecms.

Do you have experience that says otherwise?

As far as I know it will work. The unlock cable is only needed once and can be used on multiple trucks (I've done this). I have one that I've done an unlock with already I'll have to try on another truck.

catman3126
December 1st, 2014, 03:25 PM
It looks like one has to have the gt tuner also with the unlock cable?

DieselMafialb7
December 1st, 2014, 06:13 PM
Unlock cable is one time use only

catman3126
December 1st, 2014, 06:26 PM
But the gt tuner is multiple use?

Jud
December 1st, 2014, 11:56 PM
Is this going to be like the lml where we don't get access to the dtc list?

comnrailpwr
December 2nd, 2014, 12:14 AM
Is this going to be like the lml where we don't get access to the dtc list?

Ugh please say it isn't so. Lml take the fun out if tuning.

DieselMafialb7
December 2nd, 2014, 12:23 AM
But the gt tuner is multiple use?

Yes there is nothing special about the gt tuner

I'm sure us people won't have access just like lml stuff

Jud
December 2nd, 2014, 12:27 AM

Been using mcc witch works ok but I really think I can clean my truck up more with efi.I am a do it myself kinda guy so I am not buying a tune if it doesn't do what I want it to do.At least I can finally log tho.That will be a huge plus.

mpdtune
December 2nd, 2014, 03:14 AM
Unlock cable is one time use only

Unlock cable definitely isn't one time use. I've done 3 trucks with the same cable.

catman3126
December 2nd, 2014, 03:16 AM
Ok cool thanks

anarchydiesel
December 2nd, 2014, 04:26 AM
EFILive has stated elsewhere that calibration restrictions for 4th gen 6.7 will be same as LML. If you are outside of the states deletes will be available, inside the states the software will not allow access to delete tables.

WyoFreeride
December 2nd, 2014, 06:33 AM
Unlock cable definitely isn't one time use. I've done 3 trucks with the same cable.

Same cable and same GT Diesel tuner or same cable and different GT Diesel tuner?

mpdtune
December 2nd, 2014, 06:47 AM
Same cable and same GT Diesel tuner or same cable and different GT Diesel tuner?

Same cable different GT.

catman3126
December 2nd, 2014, 07:43 AM
Same cable different GT.

Ok so one cable for multiple trucks and one gt tuner per truck?

KhakiCummins
December 2nd, 2014, 07:53 AM
EFILive has stated elsewhere that calibration restrictions for 4th gen 6.7 will be same as LML. If you are outside of the states deletes will be available, inside the states the software will not allow access to delete tables.

Based on what I see on the LML Tuning FAQ thread, deletes are not available even outside of the us.

Q - When will EFILive offer emission defeat calibrations for the LML?
A - This is a tricky one, outside of the USA it may be quite legal to remove DPF etc, currently we can't control who gets access to what so for now there is no emissions defeat calibrations planned. If you already have the DPF deleted then EFILive is probably not going to be suitable for your truck.

SASDakota
December 2nd, 2014, 08:07 AM
Hows your HEX these days??? ;) ;)

Edit: Just realized this was my first post on EFI forums... awkward. :music_whistling_1:

cindy@efilive
December 2nd, 2014, 08:29 AM
Estimated price
EFILive pricing won't change with this release.
FlashScan V2 with the cummins tuning option is $899.
AutoCal pricing is dependent on the value a tuner places on their work.

Based on what I see on the LML Tuning FAQ thread, deletes are not available even outside of the us.

Q - When will EFILive offer emission defeat calibrations for the LML?
A - This is a tricky one, outside of the USA it may be quite legal to remove DPF etc, currently we can't control who gets access to what so for now there is no emissions defeat calibrations planned. If you already have the DPF deleted then EFILive is probably not going to be suitable for your truck.
That FAQ is outdated. Emissions calibrations are available for LML customers depending on region.

Cheers
Cindy

comnrailpwr
December 3rd, 2014, 11:03 AM
Ok so one cable for multiple trucks and one gt tuner per truck?

according to bully dog web site you can use both the cable and tuner multiple times as long as the tuner is returned to stock. there is reset fee capability if you accidently fuster this up.
http://www.bullydog.com/reset_fees.php

DMan1198
December 3rd, 2014, 05:21 PM
Will it be both ecms at once?

CGASTON
December 3rd, 2014, 05:36 PM
EFILive pricing won't change with this release.
FlashScan V2 with the cummins tuning option is $899.
AutoCal pricing is dependent on the value a tuner places on their work.

That FAQ is outdated. Emissions calibrations are available for LML customers depending on region.

Cheers
Cindy
I just want to clarify and make sure that I read everything correctly. Am I going to need to have a system like bully dog in order to use EFI LIVE to tune with or will efilive be by itself?

Cummins610
December 3rd, 2014, 05:38 PM
Does efilive plan to offer a in house solution to the bullydog unlock? If you can't answer this I would understand..

Also for those asking about the GT reusability, I'm almost positive it's 1 unlock per GT, after you use it to unlock the ECM you can program(tune)a different vehicle like normal, but never unlock another cummins.

Mitco39
December 4th, 2014, 02:44 AM
Its going to make the tuning costs for an unlocked truck quite high unfortunately.

KhakiCummins
December 4th, 2014, 03:51 AM
Its going to make the tuning costs for an unlocked truck quite high unfortunately.

I don't see why tuning an unlocked 2013+ would be any more costly than a 2006-2012. Once the ECM is unlocked, it's business as usual using EFILive, you just can't read the stock tune out. Cindy has said that by time of release, a database of stock tunes SHOULD be available though. I can see initial tuning cost on a 2013+ being much higher though due to the initial unlock cost.

GMPX
December 4th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Am I going to need to have a system like bully dog in order to use EFI LIVE to tune with or will efilive be by itself?
The BullyDog 'box' is the only thing capable of unlocking the 2013+ ECM so it will accept a modified tune, so yes you will need one or your tuner will need to do the mod for you with the BD box.

Does efilive plan to offer a in house solution to the bullydog unlock? If you can't answer this I would understand..
Not at this stage because the process is not done via the OBD-II port, the communication port BD are using to do this, our software is not configured to work with and it is a big job to make it work. The fact that a solution exists probably takes the pressure off us to do something as well.

I can see initial tuning cost on a 2013+ being much higher though due to the initial unlock cost.
Yes correct, it is the initial unlock cost that is the difference to any other ECM prior to 2013. At the same time a 2007 Dodge truck doesn't cost $60K either so it is all relative. Nobody is price gouging on this, it is the price we pay with the new technology in the 2013+, we should all be thankful the BullyDog box is available to begin with. :thumb_yello:

Cheers,
Ross

Mitco39
December 4th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Edit

SASDakota
December 4th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Do we know the ECM manufacture and chip at this point? Or maybe its just me that doesn't know it yet.

GMPX
December 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Does it matter? RSA digital signatures are not CPU specific.

cindy@efilive
December 4th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Will it be both ecms at once?
Yes, support for both will be in the same release.

I just want to clarify and make sure that I read everything correctly. Am I going to need to have a system like bully dog in order to use EFI LIVE to tune with or will efilive be by itself?
If you have a 2010-12, no you just need EFILive.
If you have a 2013+, you need to unlock the ECM first.

No.

Cheers
Cindy

DMan1198
December 4th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification

Tomeygun
December 7th, 2014, 02:33 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the data logging works and how it may help with people still on H&S... In other words I plan on switching over to EFI as soon as available and making a copy tune so I can log what I have been running for months now.

Anywho, I'm just super excited to say the least :)

cindy@efilive
December 7th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the data logging works and how it may help with people still on H&S... In other words I plan on switching over to EFI as soon as available and making a copy tune so I can log what I have been running for months now.

Anywho, I'm just super excited to say the least :)

A copy tune? You can't read the ECM, so won't be able to read out another tuners tune.

Cheers
Cindy

Tomeygun
December 7th, 2014, 03:08 PM
A copy tune? You can't read the ECM, so won't be able to read out another tuners tune.

Cheers
Cindy

haha, no I mean my own tuning. Heck I know it by memory, so once I get my V2 and its public release - its nothing more an just slapping values I already know it.

Little Disclosure - I'm the 2010-2012 4th gen Ram tuner for Anarchy Diesel, via MCC obviously.

Tomeygun
December 7th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I meant a copy of my own tuning via MCC. I know it by memory, so I'll just have to manually copy it over.

SASDakota
December 7th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I plan to physically datalog my MCC tune just to see if it is doing what they say it should be doing. (IE: hitting limiters an such) Then doing like you said Tom and copying the same values over to an EFI file and compare logs. May be no different, but at the end I will have piece of mind or I will have learned-did something. :)

DMan1198
December 7th, 2014, 04:30 PM
That's my plan as well. It'll also be nice to see what the heck is going on with my rail pressure at idle

GMPX
December 7th, 2014, 05:34 PM
FWIW Cummins must have decided to go totally metric on the 2010+, EFILive has configured all our units in the scantool to mimic how the earlier Cummins was so our existing customer base doesn't need to get their head around a different configuration.
For example our Injector Pulse table is shown in uS, not mS only because that is what people are used to on the 5.9L, (not that metric has anything to do with that example).

CGASTON
December 18th, 2014, 02:38 AM
Yes, support for both will be in the same release.

If you have a 2010-12, no you just need EFILive.
If you have a 2013+, you need to unlock the ECM first.

No.

Cheers
Cindy
Cindy, can you PM me your contact info? I have a few questions...

cindy@efilive
December 18th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Cindy at EFILive dot com

Cheers
Cindy

akaponch
January 3rd, 2015, 07:04 PM
Any updates on this update... Anxiously waiting..

cindy@efilive
January 4th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Another update is scheduled for this week. If that passes all testing,, it will be released. Fwiw, the last build did not pass testing.

Cheers
Cindy

akaponch
January 4th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Nice. Im searching everyday on sites for calibrations, hoping they are out there somewhere like the lml

cindy@efilive
January 4th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Calibrations are contained within the software. Software will be posted on our forum when it's ready.

Are you sure you mean calibrations, or do you mean stock files?

Cheers
Cindy

akaponch
January 4th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Sorry about that..Stock files..but didnt want to put it out there like that just in case. Didnt want any kind of problem arising from my post.

akaponch
January 6th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Im hearing release date is almost here....:secret::unwrap:

cindy@efilive
January 6th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Still waiting for a release to be made to test internally.

Cheers
Cindy

akaponch
January 6th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Send it over ill help test lol.

cindy@efilive
January 6th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Send what over? Did you even read my post? The release hasn't been made.

Cheers
Cindy

akaponch
January 6th, 2015, 07:11 PM
I was just joking.... saying to send rwlease over

LMMPerrona
January 6th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Since there is no read capability on these pcm's, how will we know what OS is currently running. Im curious to find out.

comnrailpwr
January 7th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Since there is no read capability on these pcm's, how will we know what OS is currently running. Im curious to find out.

There is a method to determine the operating system contained in the literature when the new update becomes available to the public, I'm not sure if its in there now or not. If you update your software to the latest build the literature may be present. All the calibration files will also be included in the public update.

LMMPerrona
January 7th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Thank you.

comnrailpwr
January 7th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Thank you.

Another nice little tidbit is on CMC, CMD & CME trucks there is no need to program or change the VIN number when not using the original file . It is not erased during the read / flash process.

LMMPerrona
January 7th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Do you happento know if vin can be changed if need to. Out of topic, changed out pcm and have a no start. before taking to stealer im gonna give it a shot with efilive when its out. Ill see what i can do.

comnrailpwr
January 7th, 2015, 07:44 AM
I don't believe it can be. It is not part of the calibration file EFI Live flashes to the ECM. However they may have the ability to reprogram the VIN another way. Have to wait for Ross to chime in for a definite answer on that.

anarchydiesel
January 7th, 2015, 08:08 AM
If the truck is a 06-09 you can swap the vin using the v7.5 scan tool. Install the ecm, flash in a good tune with the correct VIN, hook up the scan tool and go to change VIN under the bidirectional tab. Enter the correct VIN and press the change VIN button. Truck should fire and run after this.

LMMPerrona
January 7th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Darn...... it's a 2012.

cindy@efilive
January 7th, 2015, 10:09 AM

Cummins 2010-2015 Quick Start which details all the requirements to get started, along with the updated BootRSA document can be found here http://www.efilive.com/documentation-tutorials

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
January 7th, 2015, 10:43 AM
All the calibration files will also be included in the public update.
If you mean stock tunes then no they won't be, we don't ship the software with any stock tunes apart from some old GM ones read from ECM's that are included as samples in the install.

Do you happento know if vin can be changed if need to. Out of topic, changed out pcm and have a no start. before taking to stealer im gonna give it a shot with efilive when its out. Ill see what i can do.

I don't believe it can be. It is not part of the calibration file EFI Live flashes to the ECM. However they may have the ability to reprogram the VIN another way. Have to wait for Ross to chime in for a definite answer on that.
That whole VIN thing was only an issue on the 5.9L ECM, it was a bug in the Cummins reflash routines that erased the VIN when programming (nothing anyone can do about that and Cummins never fixed it), the dealers even have a bulletin about it explaining what steps they need to take when reflashing a 06+ 5.9L ECM. When using EFILive if you are not using the .ctz file from the truck you are flashing, just change the VIN in the .ctz to match before flashing the ECM and it will be ok because that is what gets written back to the ECM. If you do forget to do that then just change the VIN via the scantool.

comnrailpwr
January 7th, 2015, 11:13 AM
If you mean stock tunes then no they won't be, we don't ship the software with any stock tunes apart from some old GM ones read from ECM's that are included as samples in the install.

That whole VIN thing was only an issue on the 5.9L ECM, it was a bug in the Cummins reflash routines that erased the VIN when programming (nothing anyone can do about that and Cummins never fixed it), the dealers even have a bulletin about it explaining what steps they need to take when reflashing a 06+ 5.9L ECM. When using EFILive if you are not using the .ctz file from the truck you are flashing, just change the VIN in the .ctz to match before flashing the ECM and it will be ok because that is what gets written back to the ECM. If you do forget to do that then just change the VIN via the scantool.
Sorry I didn't mean stock files would be included. I don't remember where I downloaded them. I thought it was from the beta form but maybe not. As far as the Vin goes I am aware how to make changes but I was under the impression it won't be effective on the CMD and CME controllers. So we can in fact reprogram a new 10-15 cummins controller with the vehicles Vin?

GMPX
January 7th, 2015, 11:28 AM
As far as the Vin goes I am aware how to make changes but I was under the impression it won't be effective on the CMD and CME controllers.
Ok I see what you mean, in the .ctz it will make no difference because the VIN is not stored in any part of the ECM that gets reflashed.

So we can in fact reprogram a new 10-15 cummins controller with the vehicles Vin?
Via the scantool that should work. Only reason you would need to is if you were swapping ECM's though.

LMMPerrona
January 7th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Thank you. Question answered.

WyoFreeride
January 8th, 2015, 05:32 AM
Not requiring the VIN to be entered at all will be nice for the people that tune similar trucks, one less thing to have to worry about, and could potentially cut down on the number of tune files that need maintained by a tuner.

cindy@efilive
January 8th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Not requiring the VIN to be entered at all will be nice for the people that tune similar trucks, one less thing to have to worry about, and could potentially cut down on the number of tune files that need maintained by a tuner.

If that's the way you operate your business, you can take that one step further with the quick setup.

Simply 'attach' your tune files into a quick setup, and right click over those multiple tune selections and set all of the security levels required. Only the quick setup instance of the tune file is modified, leaving your 'original' tunes intact and unedited.

Using the quick setup to set security on 'library' based or (I hate this term) 'generic' tunes and you'll only ever have to open that small percentage of tunes that require 'custom' adjustments.

Quick setup also handles BBX setups, CONFIG files, a range of programming settings along with up to 5 tune files that can be programmed into FlashScan and AutoCal in one single pass.

A future enhancement to the quick setup may include setting the VIN for those controllers where it is necessary.
Cheers
Cindy

CTSoffroad
January 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Cindy,

Could you possibly message me? I have a couple of questions for you.

Thanks
Chris

cindy@efilive
January 8th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Either post the questions here or email me.

cindy at efilive dot com

Cheers
Cindy

LMMPerrona
January 12th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Any news on the progress of the pre-release of the 2010+ 6.7 ?

cindy@efilive
January 12th, 2015, 09:37 AM
There is probably another day or 2 required to work through the issues of the last build before the build process can commence. In the mean time Ross continues to add parameters to 2010-15 Cummins.

The last update added parameters that now delivers tuners better results on trucks previously tuned via MCC. In round figures, these tuners are gaining 15-20HP over their previous best. Not bad for a first release!

Cheers
Cindy

LMMPerrona
January 12th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Awesome, keep up the good work. This is like, if not better than the release of the iphone. Where there is a line of customers waiting inpatient for the release.

catman3126
January 12th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Good work. I seem to have read two different things about obtaining a stock file. 10-12 at one point I thought I had read it will be obtained by reading the ecm and the 13-15 will need to be obtained from another source and 13-15 will need the BD unlock device. now the 13-15 I'am clear on that it need to be obtained from an outside source. but I'm not clear on the 10-12' readable or not?

DMan1198
January 12th, 2015, 10:11 AM
10-12 will need to be obtained from an outside source

cindy@efilive
January 12th, 2015, 10:24 AM
It's all documented in the quick start guide, which is available now ahead of our release for download on our website.

Stock files for 10-15 need to be obtained from another source. There are however different processes for the RSABootloader. 10-12 we have a patch file (again documentation is on our website already), and 13+ requiring 3rd party products.

Cheers
Cindy

rbp4u
January 27th, 2015, 05:46 AM
So its been a couple weeks, and I know you guys are not big on releasing a timeline, but do we have any more updates or expected pre-release dates? Overly anxious to get to play around with the new stuff.

LMMPerrona
January 27th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Same here......

BigCE
January 27th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I just keep pressing refresh on the home page waiting for the announcement. :shock:

comnrailpwr
January 27th, 2015, 09:26 AM
We have what is hopefully the final beta software pre release right now. If all goes well efilive crew is planning for public release next week sometime I believe

cindy@efilive
January 27th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Public pre-release is now available. See here for further details. https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=25094

Cheers
Cindy

LMMPerrona
January 27th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Awesome

02CCSB
January 28th, 2015, 04:09 AM
Is emissions delete not supported for international customers?

DMan1198
January 28th, 2015, 04:13 AM
iirc not in the first release. soon though

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Is emissions delete not supported for international customers?

Not on the first release. There is a list a scheduled development on the final page of the Cummins 2010-2015 quick start guide, you'll find it listed there. You'll find that on our website and in your v8 installation under the HELP menu.

Cheers
Cindy

rbp4u
January 29th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Haven't tried it yet, and maybe I should have, but does flashing the ECM with EFI over-right the current TCM or trans values? Or are they left untouched during a cal?

BigCE
January 29th, 2015, 02:16 PM
I think you can only full flash the Cummins PCM and because its a PCM and not an ecm with a separate tcm I would say yes the trans tuning if you have it will be overwritten.

GMPX
January 30th, 2015, 09:25 AM
BigCE is correct, all Cummins ECM's must be full flashed every time, there is nothing we can do about that as that is how the factory designed their flash procedure to work.

rbp4u
January 30th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the info!

Cummins610
January 31st, 2015, 10:33 AM
I know on the 2013+ trucks there has been various updated flashes for the radios and other functions, how is this handled in the ECM and what restrictions will be in place for people who have modified files in their truck? Is is simply updates based new OS's or is there more to it?

2007 5.9
February 1st, 2015, 05:37 AM
I know on the 2013+ trucks there has been various updated flashes for the radios and other functions, how is this handled in the ECM and what restrictions will be in place for people who have modified files in their truck? Is is simply updates based new OS's or is there more to it?

In the CME flashing instructions in the V8 help section it tells you how to determine the correct Cal for your application and what the superseded Cal may be.

GMPX
February 1st, 2015, 11:25 AM
Because the ECM cannot be read any existing tune in the truck will be erased when you flash it, gone for good.

DrX
February 3rd, 2015, 11:09 AM
Because the ECM cannot be read any existing tune in the truck will be erased when you flash it, gone for good.
This wouldn't effect body and trans updates that have been applied, would it?

KhakiCummins
February 3rd, 2015, 11:46 AM
This wouldn't effect body and trans updates that have been applied, would it?

2010+ Dodges use a PCM (Combined ECM & TCM) so any trans tuning/updates could be affected if the base file used does not have the same tuning/updates. EFILive does not program any other modules on Dodge though so those would not be affected.

longcummins
February 3rd, 2015, 11:51 AM
So this brings us back to EFILive and the trans tuning portion that has been discussed prior. Meaning it may be closer than we think? That would make sence to me.

cindy@efilive
February 3rd, 2015, 11:52 AM
So this brings us back to EFILive and the trans tuning portion that has been discussed prior. Meaning it may be closer than we think? That would make sence to me.

Transmission tuning will not be added until after CSP and EDA are completed.

Cheers
Cindy

DMan1198
February 3rd, 2015, 11:59 AM
I think eda is what I'm most excited about. After so long of just not knowing what's happening it'll be nice. 5000+rpm would be fun too

longcummins
February 3rd, 2015, 12:07 PM
Transmission tuning will not be added until after CSP and EDA are completed.

Cheers
Cindy
That is all good as we know it is coming down the line, sounds great to me :thankyou2:

DrX
February 3rd, 2015, 12:13 PM
2010+ Dodges use a PCM (Combined ECM & TCM) so any trans tuning/updates could be affected if the base file used does not have the same tuning/updates. EFILive does not program any other modules on Dodge though so those would not be affected.

Should have included that I was referring to 2013+

SASDakota
February 3rd, 2015, 12:24 PM
Should have included that I was referring to 2013+

2010+ covers 2013+, atleast in my pee brain it does.

GMPX
February 3rd, 2015, 01:21 PM
I think eda is what I'm most excited about.
Me too, its been a fun development project. The factory provided scantool data via the OBD-II port is pretty lame indeed, however in early testing of EDA for the 2013+ ECM we are able to log 50 parameters of 'good/useful' data at 50 frames per second. Or think about it this way, at 3,000 RPM the engine is spinning at around 50 revs per second, so with EDA that equates to one frame of live data (50 parameters) per engine rev at 3,000 RPM.....not bad hey.

DrX
February 3rd, 2015, 01:21 PM
2010+ covers 2013+, atleast in my pee brain it does.

LOL...I only just started researching this as this is my first Dodge/Ram truck. I read that the engine controller changed in 2013. So I wasn't sure if the controller network(PCM vs ECM/TCM, BCM, etc) would be the same configuration as a 2010.

GMPX
February 3rd, 2015, 01:23 PM
Cummins seem to change ECM's/PCM's every two years (or less).
I don't know this for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if the 2016/2017 models have another controller again based on the update history (I hope not!)

SASDakota
February 3rd, 2015, 02:34 PM
Me too, its been a fun development project. The factory provided scantool data via the OBD-II port is pretty lame indeed, however in early testing of EDA for the 2013+ ECM we are able to log 50 parameters of 'good/useful' data at 50 frames per second. Or think about it this way, at 3,000 RPM the engine is spinning at around 50 revs per second, so with EDA that equates to one frame of live data (50 parameters) per engine rev at 3,000 RPM.....not bad hey.

I'm sorry, all I heard was "we have already tested EDA on a 13' PCM..." WAYYY COOOOL!

Double R Diesel
February 3rd, 2015, 03:21 PM
I think all this is pretty amazing considering how H&S said a couple of years ago that given the architecture of the CM2200 that simple SOTF timing wasn't even possible. Really looking forward to see what can be done with logging and SOTF tuning. As soon as transmission tuning and DTC management is available I'll be making making the switch from MCC to EFI on my modified 2012. Great work EFI! :)

DMan1198
February 3rd, 2015, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry, all I heard was "we have already tested EDA on a 13' PCM..." WAYYY COOOOL!

This is what I heard too, and just about did whatever the kids these days do when they're excited

davematthews
February 3rd, 2015, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure what type of coffee Cindy has been feeding you Ross. But your blazing through this stuff compared to the past ones. The speed at which you keep releasing beta updates has been astounding. Great job if I haven't complimented you before now....

EDIT: That of course goes without saying, compliments to the entire EFILive Team...:cucumber:

SASDakota
February 3rd, 2015, 04:54 PM

This comes to mind... Ross does that look familiar? lol

DMan1198
February 3rd, 2015, 04:58 PM
Yes indeed. Great job team.

That is a great picture

GMPX
February 3rd, 2015, 06:46 PM
But your blazing through this stuff compared to the past ones.
There is a couple of things with the 2010+ ECM's, I think Cummins did a total rewrite of their code on these, the 06-09 was a bit of a mess the way the code was structured. I'm not criticising them but obviously when the base concept of the pre 2010 ECM code was thought out they might not have imagined it expanding as much as it needed to, it was probably started in 2002 or so.
The 2010+ looks like they started from scratch, very logical, nice to work with and between the two ECM's there is differences but not like in the past which is why we chose to tackle both at once.
But also like a lot of things you learn from the past, so when I started on the OS mods for these two new ECM's I already had a grand plan in mind knowing the pitfalls from the previous gen ECM's. Most of my time has been spent analysing the various OS's on the different truck combo's to see how we can make our life easier by making things universal between them all. Right now the 2010-2012 C&C trucks aren't looking good for CSP5, those OS's have used up just about all the flash memory they have.

Re the coffee comment, unfortunately that is true, I got loaded up on caffeine the other day and was still up at 4am in front of the PC......paid for that the next day when the kids got up for school at 7am (I am a light sleeper), but got plenty done that night.

Great job if I haven't complimented you before now....
Thanks, everyone here sure appreciates that.

I think all this is pretty amazing considering how H&S said a couple of years ago that given the architecture of the CM2200 that simple SOTF timing wasn't even possible.
Well in fairness to them you never know what light bulb goes off in your head down the track to figure out how to get something done.

cindy@efilive
February 6th, 2015, 12:59 PM
From today's newsletter...

Fleece Performance Engineering in conjunction with EFILive is pleased to announce a solution to switch off the Anti-Tuning measures for 2013-15 Cummins 6.7L ECM's. This solution eliminates the need to purchase additional hardware that will be used 'once only' to unlock the ECM prior to custom tuning.

This ECM unlocking service, offered exclusively through Fleece Performance requires users to remove the ECM and send it to Fleece Performance for their same day unlock service. The ECM unlocking service will be available from February 16, 2015, and is priced at $250.00 plus shipping.

All 2013+ (CM2350B) Cummins ECM's have been manufactured with very high level of anti-tampering security and require security manipulation before custom tuning can commence. Extensive joint development between Fleece Performance and EFILive delivers this unique unlocking service. All methods previously used to get around this type of tuning protection via the OBDII port do not work on the 2013+ ECM.

This joint project is the only solution EFILive will implement as custom one off hardware not suitable for end users has been developed. For further details on this ECM unlock service please visit Fleece Performance. (http://fleeceperformance.com/custom-tuning/cummins.html)

Cheers
Cindy

jkholder09
March 8th, 2015, 02:05 PM
edit found my answer