PDA

View Full Version : Locked ECM

comnrailpwr
December 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM
I have an ECM that i cannot read/flash or license. Error $0537. It is locked down with custom key. I have tried all my usual tricks to get it to unlock and it wont. I have removed fuses, pulled power and all aftermarket electronics removed. Tried "Assume lock may be faulty" ect.. Truck has a single tune from a shop somewhere in Maryland. I need to put DSP5 on it. Is my only option to buy a new ECM for can of you other Tuners guys or SoCal unlock it? Truck is now in Ohio so going back to Maryland isn't an option. Would be real chitty to have to spend $600 on a new ECM. thanks.

GMPX
December 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM
It's locked by the previous tuner by the sound of it, no tricks to get around that I'm afraid.
SoCal could unlock it but Guy is going to be at PRI later this week so I don't know how you'll go there.

comnrailpwr
December 7th, 2014, 02:23 PM
It's locked by the previous tuner by the sound of it, no tricks to get around that I'm afraid.
SoCal could unlock it but Guy is going to be at PRI later this week so I don't know how you'll go there.

Guess i'll have to wait.

Mitco39
December 8th, 2014, 03:11 AM
Does full flashing over it not work? Or was before you could just lock it to a read?

comnrailpwr
December 8th, 2014, 03:27 AM
It wont let me even license the controler. They got it completely locked down. To this day I see no reason to do that or even give the ability to tuners to do so. I completely understand locking controler from being read bit to lock down flashing is beyond me. From what I understand the dealer cant even flash the ecm in this state.

Mitco39
December 8th, 2014, 03:29 AM
Might be a dumb question but have you tried the V7.5 software?

comnrailpwr
December 8th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Might be a dumb question but have you tried the V7.5 software?

I have not. Unfortunately my customer had to pick the truck up so I cannot do so at this time but I guess I could try before we send the ecm off.

Mitco39
December 8th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Sometimes I have had the V7.5 go through when the V8 would not on the LB7s and LLYs. Might be worth a shot.

Scarface
December 15th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I am in the same boat with two lb7s. I tried the 7.5 and still locked down.

GMC-2002-Dmax
December 15th, 2014, 11:20 AM
It wont let me even license the controler. They got it completely locked down. To this day I see no reason to do that or even give the ability to tuners to do so. I completely understand locking controler from being read bit to lock down flashing is beyond me. From what I understand the dealer cant even flash the ecm in this state.

It sounds more like its either hosed really bad or something is seriously wrong, can you do anything with it on a bench harness ?

comnrailpwr
December 15th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Bench harness was a no go. I just put in another ecm and all is well.