PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Bootblock update failed, AutoCal locked

anthonyshaw
December 8th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I tried to update the bootblock this evening on my Flashscan v2, when I hit the update for the bootblock it gave an error saying something about data not received

all 5 LED's are staying lit and the backlight screen is flashing on and off.

When I try to connect to Scan & Tune again, S&T locks up and stops responding

Mitco39
December 9th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Maybe try going into it with EFI Live explorer and doing the firmware/bootblock install that way?

anthonyshaw
December 9th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks, I'll try that when I get home from work, this evening. Every thing I was trying last night, the software kept saying "Not Responding" when trying to connect to the unit

Maybe try going into it with EFI Live explorer and doing the firmware/bootblock install that way?

Mitco39
December 9th, 2014, 08:11 AM
I had a similar issue with a customers V2 awhile back, and I believe I fixed it in the EFI Live explorer program.

Goodluck

anthonyshaw
December 9th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately, seems I'm having the same result. Plug in my FlashScan, it starts blinking and all LED's remain on, start up EFI Explorer and it immediately goes to Not Responding

This is beyond frustrating to have so much money wrapped up in a device and update per the software recommendation to have it brick my unit simply following instructions

Blacky
December 9th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Have you tried booting the FlashScan device into dead-poll mode?
To do that, hold down the Ctrl key on FlashScan's keypad while pluggin in the USB cable (i.e. while powering up the FlashScan device).

If it successfully goes into dead-poll mode, the two orange LED's should flash alternately. Once it is in that mode, start the EFILive Contol Panel software (Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Control Panel).
Then click on the small FlashScan icon that appears in the system tray, on the Windows task bar near the clock display, which will display the Control Panel window.

Then select the [F6: Firmware] tab page and click [Refresh], if it shows the [Update Firmare] button, click that button to complete the update.

There is a whole other set of problems that need to be dealt with if you were trying to upgrade your firmware from V2.04.71 or earlier and performed a boot block upgrade on your device. If that is/was the case you may need to recover your FlashScan device using the instructions found on your system in this file: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery\ReadMe.t xt

Regards
Paul

anthonyshaw
December 30th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Just received an email back from SoCal Diesel last night (took two weeks to hear anything after multiple phone calls/emails >-( ) saying that my FlashScan was dead :( FML

---------------

It’s dead. I have tried everything in my power to revive it, but it is dead.

I kept thinking the next thing I tried would revive it. I would set it aside and come back to it with a new theory. At this point I have about 10 hours invested trying to fix it for you.