PDA

View Full Version : problems saving a tune from a lmm ecm

6772king
December 11th, 2014, 04:19 PM
well this is my first lmm that iv messed with ,,, my problem is it takes a long time to read,,,like 45 min. when i do my z's the take like 5-10 min I know there is more data in the e35b but didnt know if this was a average time... next problem is once it finally reads i cant save it ...the message that comes up is.....Merge file C:\Program Files (x86)\EFIlive\V8\Merge\M~~.cmz not found

i know this truck had the dpf deleted with what i think is efi but not 100% the owner said he didnt have a tune put in ...would this have anything to do with it cause it was allready licenced??? any help would be great,,,,thanks

LB72004
December 12th, 2014, 05:55 AM
were you doing full reads or cal reads?

Also, make sure you are running the latest software version and firmware.

6772king
December 12th, 2014, 06:06 AM
I was doing a full read...and all of my software and firmware is updated... Thinking I may have to flash the OEM o.s. into it??

GMC-2002-Dmax
December 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Check the OS with the scan tool, if it begins with a 2XXXXXXXX or a 5XXXXXXXXXX then it is a EFI-Live custom OS and is blocked from any read.

If it is a 1XXXXXXXXXXX then disable any aftermarket elecronics, but most likely is it has a 1XXXXXXXX the "BLOCK READ PATCH" was applied during a full flash.

Good Luck